mPCIe/EC eGPU troubleshooting steps

Hello everyone, sorry for my ignorance, I have a eGPU GDC 8.0 connected to 1000-1460Br HP notebook, the notebook can not install the right driver, i have a r7 360 but it always installs the wrong driver, with the CD, or download automatic, is always the same wrong drive, and the error when trying to install the right, and because of that, I can not use the card, any help please?

Laptop:
i5 3230m
HD 4000
6GB RAM
SanDisk SSD 120gb
500gb HDD
Windows 10 64x

Screenshot_12.png

Screenshot_13.png

25 minutes ago, Luan said:

Hello everyone, sorry for my ignorance, I have a eGPU GDC 8.0 connected to 1000-1460Br HP notebook, the notebook can not install the right driver, i have a r7 360 but it always installs the wrong driver, with the CD, or download automatic, is always the same wrong drive, and the error when trying to install the right, and because of that, I can not use the card, any help please?

This can happen due to incorrect initialization of the video card making it present with the wrong PCI ID.  Seen it mostly with AMD cards that use hotplugging or eGPU delay switches.

Have you tried to instead sleep the machine, jumpered your power supply to be permanently ON as described in the opening post, disable all the delay switches on the edisabled on the eGPU adapter, then resume the machine and do a Device Manager rescan?

Alternatively, try reflashing the VBIOS.

26 minutes ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

This can happen due to incorrect initialization of the video card making it present with the wrong PCI ID.  Seen it mostly with AMD cards that use hotplugging or eGPU delay switches.

Have you tried to instead sleep the machine, jumpered your power supply to be permanently ON as described in the opening post, disable all the delay switches on the edisabled on the eGPU adapter, then resume the machine and do a Device Manager rescan?

Alternatively, try reflashing the VBIOS.

Thanks for the answer, I will do flash.

Hello everyone

i bought gdc express adapter from banggood and i have 750ti,300w psu for it. I have lenovo x220 laptop with 8gbram. This laptop seems like working like charm for most people but i cant run egpu on this

I mean i connected everything fine 

psu 24pin cable to 20pin thing came with adaptor

psu 4 pin to 4 pin came with adaptor

gpu to dock

gpu output to hdmi via monitor(both tried hdmi and vga)

no luck, both psu and gpu fans are starts to work when i press power , green led is up but i cant detect hardware anywhere. Using clover boot loader some people in this thread said use nvidia inject from clover bootloader options but that doesnt detect in bootloader. In windows hardware manager only shows hd3000.

if you try to connect egpu while system is up both psu and gpu ram goes crazy.

what should i do

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4793.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4795.jpg

All Parts pictured

X220 lenovo thinkpad with 8GBRAM 

asus gtx 750 ti 2gb model which doesnt have ports to connect PSU LOW power one

300W everest psu

gdc express card version.

resim

i believed i got it working, but not quite,,, my hp touchsmart 15, has igpu only (i7 3630qm with intel hd4000). with gdc exp 8 i attached to mpcie a evga gtx1060. i modified the dsdt, i don't have error 12 anymore, but now, it's the error 43 that's killing me. would pci compaction resolve this problem? thank you for any help.

Edited by pixule
resolved the problem

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie here so if I'm posting somewhere wrong or smth like that just warn me.

I search in this forum and also at google about "code 12" and "code 43" almost thousands times. Specially for exp gdc but couldn't find anything can help me. I looked for modded bios, whitelist.. At least I realized that there is no modded bios for my pc(I'm gonna write all supported bios versions down here). All cable connections are correct, I can see Nvidia GTX 1070 at device manager with error code 12 and sometimes code 43.

I couldn't disabled my amd redeon graphics in bios, just uninstalled from device manager with files. Now my pc running only with Intel HD 3000 by own screen. I do not get any display on my 24" screen which one is connected to 1070 by HDMI. But when I boot my pc, 1070 fans are running with white lights are on GPU. But screen display doesn't show anything. Pc running with own screen.

My PC Specification; (Windows 10 - 64 Bit)

Product Number
A7N33EA
Microprocessor
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-2670QM
Chipset
Intel HM65 Express
Microprocessor Cache
6 MB L3 cache
Memory
16 GB DDR3
Memory Max
Supports up to 16 GB DDR3 (2 user accessible)
Video Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT (2 GB DDR5 dedicated)
Hard Drive

1 TB SATA (5400 rpm)
Up to 16 GB partition for system recovery
Multimedia Drive
Blu-ray ±R/RW with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double Layer
Display

39,6 cm (15.6")
39,6 cm (15,6") Full HD anti-glare LED (1920 x 1080)
Network Card
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless Connectivity

802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth
Sound
Beats Audio

BIOS Versions;
F.12(SP55375)

F.19(SP57474)

F.1A(SP58987)
F.1B(SP59775)

F.1C(SP60655) - Current

Exp gdc connected by m-pci/e.

I have 350W PSU just for GPU.(170W needed)

I tried to install nvidia driver, remove amd by DDU, run only 1x8gb ram(tried at both slots), remove wifi adapter from device manager with files,

Anyone can help me about how to get result-fix this issue. There is no problem to disable pc own 15.6" screen. Just want to run my pc with good screen by 1070.

Thank you since now.

Edited by vicrains
edit some words

Hello everyone, I decided to start a new topic because I have been unable to find relevant information for my current setup. (I also apologise if it not in the right section, as I am not very familiar with forums)

Here is what I have:

Lenovo E540 i7-4712MQ processor 16GB RAM (purchased July 2014)

Sapphire Radeon RX470 - 4GB GDDR5

Disabled discrete GPU (Nvidia GT840M)

PE4C Adapter from BPlus Tech (hwtools.net) - Already emailed them asking for more details (CLK and PERST# Delays).

The ATX power supply is a Corsair VS350 (outputs more than twice the GPU's power consumption).

I think that the BIOS is whitelisted; the laptop detects this card only if I boot with the network card and hot plug the GPU after suspending. An unlocked BIOS does not seem to be existing at this stage.

If the CLK Delay is disabled it results in a black screen, while other delay values occasionally have the card's fan starting at maximum speed. I still need to find a good CLK and PERST# combination.

On Windows 10 I managed to manually install the driver before running into error 12 (there I stopped, as I was not very comfortable with those steps and might re-attempt it at a later stage).

On Ubuntu 16.04 the card is detected in a similar fashion when I list all PCI devices in terminal (lspci -H 1 command), however I still need to fetch the correct drivers (AMDGPU - PRO installs successfully and results in a login loop).

Any advice would be extremely helpful, as at the moment I am rather stuck on this one.

Thanks in advance.

Hello guys,

i have a Problem with my eGPU. Its NOT getting detected at all. The only way to get it detected is the sleepmode method.

Even when i boot into Setup 1.x its not getting detected.

I already tried ALL steps of the Troubleshooting Thread and even the prompts in Setup 1.x... nothing works.

I have checked the Pre Purchase FAQ and my Notebook should be able to use an eGPU.

MY SYSTEM:

W10 64x

Packard Bell Easynote LJ75

Processor: Intel i7 M620 2,67GHz

Chipset: Intel 5 Series/3400

Southbrigde HM55

2x 4GB RAM

iGPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1GB

eGPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Adapter: PE4C 3.0 mPCIE

PSU: Usuall ATX

I already tried the electric tape trick and i can now boot with eGPU connected but its not getting detected.

In Setup 1.x i already tried the PCI Compaction with ALL settings, no solution found.

I really need youre help guys...

Greetings F3nd3RR

Edited by F3nd3RR

On 2016-10-07 at 10:45 PM, Captain Yorshka said:

Hi guys, I think I have lost some hair in the process...

So I have bought a 1060 6gb strix and a pe4c 3.0 adapter and jammed the thing to my mPCIe (which was previously married to my wifi card). Ran a DDU (in safemode), installed a 1060 Nvidia driver. Lo and behold, my 960m dGPU reappeared in the Device Manager, which I have previously disabled and uninstalled and deleted. With that in mind, my 1060 is constantly raped by the code 43 error. On top of that, whenever I delete and uninstall the dGPU, it gives me another error (3D Video Controller).

I have tried the uninstall and scan method and nothing gets rid of code 43. I wanted to disable my dGPU through BIOS but N551JW's bios settings is incredibly stupid and let you not do such a thing. I have thought of Setup 1.3, but I halt that just in case I do not actually need Setup 1.3.

Also. The strix 1060 has only one 8-pin pcie on top of it, is it correct that I plugged the psu pcie in it?

Laptop is Asus N551JW, PSU is a Corsair VS450.

I will give anyone who can help me out a virtual kiss!

I have the exakt same problem and same system, have you managed to fix this?
plz let me know....

Hi! I'm currently trying to get my eGPU configuration to work properly:

Asus X555DG (Win 10)

A10-8700P

8GB ram

Radeon R6 M340DX

eGPU: Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8gb  using EXP GDC BEAST v8

The thing is, since the moment I plugged everything in and rebooted, my disk is always at 100% usage every time I boot windows and not more than 5 minutes later it gives me a blue screen of death. Other than that the system recognizes the eGPU but it also seems to be in conflict with the iGPU. I cannot even install the proper drivers because my system keeps crashing before I'm able to do anything. Also, I've already made a reset to my Windows but the problem remains. Hope someone can help me!

Hello Tech Inferno Fan, I'm new here.

So I tried to configure egpu for my MSI GP60 (i7-4700MQ, Windows 10, 16GB RAM) and encounter some of these problem:

1- My eGPU (Exp Gdc Beast v8 mPCIe) & graphic card not detected in device manager. (no new device). I checked my Gpu, Psu and eGPU all running well.

2- Tried to disable and uninstall dedicated gpu, still cannot solve it.

3- I'm using GTX 1060 GPU & Cooler Master v550 PSU.

Do you think if Im using DIY Setup 1.3 will solve my problem?

Thanks in advance mate.

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to mPCIe/EC eGPU troubleshooting steps

Need help,please!

I have a best EXP GDC, and just bought a 1050 Ti gtx.

My laptop is an asus 75vw with dedicated 670mx gpu.

the exp gdc uses a da-2 power supply,and the 1050 ti uses 75 watts....so energy-wise i'm good.

plugged the gdc in, and the card....card was instantly seen by  device manager...installed vGA standard adapter driver.

got the 1050 drivers from nvidia, installd em...rebooted.

sytem showed my (actual) dedicated gpu (670mx) and 1050ti.

tried starting 3dmark...error. looked up error....dxdiag has a problem....looked up dxdiag....dxdiag doesnt see a gpu...sees a standard vga adapter.

DDU'd all the drivers, thought it's a conflict.

windows installed standad vga for both cards.

tried 1050 drivers again...again,installed...dxdiag same thing...3dmark same thing...error...standard vga driver.

tried installing 1060m laptop drivers, checked inf file for 1050 ti with my subsys and devID......installed, saw it as 1050ti...restarted...same problem.

it'slike...the drivers get installed but windows refuses to use the eGPU , even tho it has the drivers for it....and it forces the standard vga driver down its throat , ignoring the 1050ti drivers.

Will 1.30 help me in any way if I get it? What should I do?

Please help.

Edited by Darkthor

I just bought a new GPU, i picked this because i have freesync monitor, I've been using 750ti for my egpu for like 2 months now and its working fine. But when I try my new gpu RX 480. My pc didn't even booting up. Black internal and No display on external monitor, the gpu fans are spinning the power of my laptop has led but the led on my sdd/hdd is turning off after like 2-3 sec after pressing the laptop's on button. Btw im using corsair vs450 PSU. I hope you can help me. Thanks

Edited by Ayban

Before I was using 750ti with my laptop MSI GE60 OND 2012 model (i5 3230m , GTX 660m), And it was working well without any problem. Now I have bought a new graphics card MSI RX 480 gaming x. And when I'm trying to boot with egpu with this RX 480 its like my pc is not even booting black internal and no display in external. After pressing the power button on my laptop, laptop power led lights up, egpu lights up, gpu led lights up, gpu fan spinning, but after 2-3 sec the ssd/hdd led turns off, but the rest still has their lights on. I hope you can help me. Thanks

MSI GE60 OND

i5 3230m

gtx 660m

8gb ram

500 samsung evo 850 ssd

Externals

MSI RX 480 Gaming x

corsair vs450

LG 23MP68VQ

I tried.

updated bios,

disabled dgpu

disabled igpu

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to Help: MSI Ge60 OND + Exp GDC V.8 + MSI RX 480 + Corsair VS450
On 22/10/2016 at 6:15 PM, pixule said:

i believed i got it working, but not quite,,, my hp touchsmart 15, has igpu only (i7 3630qm with intel hd4000). with gdc exp 8 i attached to mpcie a evga gtx1060. i modified the dsdt, i don't have error 12 anymore, but now, it's the error 43 that's killing me. would pci compaction resolve this problem? thank you for any help.

I have almost the same config, also ggx 1060 and igpu only, can't solve the Code 43 error, no matter what driver i try...

Help please!

• 1 month later...

RESOLVED: nvlddmkm.sys BSOD - Blue Screen of Death - I am writing in the hope it helps others!

2-3 times a day I encoutered BSOD (nvlddmkm.sys). I updated the driver from 372.70 to 375.70 as per https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/10516-error-43-with-nvidia-37290-and-newer-drivers-use-37270/&do=findComment&comment=153291 (on ExpressCard) but it didn't help.

I noticed that the problem seems to occur when a big mains power device was switched on or off. I plugged my Dell 220W charger into my UPC, which also has a surge protector built-in. No BSOD's since then for 2 days (knock wood).

Setup: Lenovo W520 + Beast v8 EC + Dell 220W charger + GTX-1060 .

• 1 year later...

I tried all alternatives from the link https://***********/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/mpcieecngff-m2-resolving-detection-bootup-and-stability-problems/ to solve the problem of not detecting the GPU but all attempts unsuccessful, I need a lot of help, the DIY EGPU was not able to solve the problem, the port used for and EGPU is open, I tried the whitelist, none of the alternatives in the forum link solved, I am using Pe4c v3.0 MpciE, Gpu GTX 780Ti, EVGA 450BT power supply, the notebook is the Samsung Np300e4a-BD1BR, i5 2450m, Windows 7 x64, please I need some help.

Edited by Abel Sander

• 1 month later...

i have alienware m14x r1 and i have found a workaround to install gtx 1050ti by hotplugging the hdmi cable in the gdc when i turn on my laptop and when the underscore appears. in this way i can make my egpu work. is there a fix for this hotplugging because my cable will eventually wear and i cannot update my gpu drivers to latest version because of the lack of hotplugging support .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.