So, my primary GPU is dying... what do?

D2ultima

Any advice on restoring proper functioning life to my poor poor workhorse? It's artifacting in some games, has random single-second stutters/not-smooth in others, and just performing extremely sub-par in others. Also, I cannot use NVENC to record anything (though CPU-based recording works).

Slave card seems to have no issues (I think, anyway... not sure) so if worse comes to worst I can still run single GPU for a while by swapping the cards, but I'm still going to be down a card and single GPU gets extremely hot for me here.

I have used DDU clean & restart and installed drivers fresh and still has problems (before I even enabled SLI) so I know it's the primary card.

Any black magic, voodoo, or any other thing I can use? Or maybe someone has a dusty old 780M laying around I can source for somewhat cheap? Or do I just sell this (single GPU, with second GPU cheap for parts) and go on the prowl for a new system entirely?

Here's an example of the artifacting in one game. Watch the flickering lights all over:

Edited by D2ultima

@Khenglish any thoughts? This is what the dead 780M looks like 

780M.jpg 

I scrutinized them as best I could, but as far as I can see, the working former slave 780M and the barely-working former primary 780M looked exactly the same on all the VRMs, the core, the back, etc. If I didn't have different thermal pastes on the primary and secondary and you swapped them around while I was away from the system I wouldn't be able to tell them apart (except that ID tag near the core, of course).

Anything I could try? And/or would you want to buy the dying 780M off of me?

36 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

Artifacts is always a faulty bga. It can likely be saved by baking it. Let me know if you are interested and I'll tell you how to bake.

If it will help, I can definitely try. I don't know if I have the correct tool to bake it, though.

Does it need to be artifacting in all games? So far it's only been one or two. The other issues (99% util at ~60% of the other card, random split-second freezes once every couple hours, etc) are universally persistent though.