PE4C v3.0 gen 3 mpcie & mpcie extension cable.

MrRare

I actually have multiple questions, and I don't really want to spam the thread with multiple questions so here I am, asking two of em. 

Situation: I recently bought a EXP GDC Beast v8.0 and due to (probably) partly my mistake and probably being a faulty product, it stopped working after a few days. (Might've been the cable as well).  My laptop is  MSI GE60 2PC Apache, and by some luck and fiddling I could route the hdmi cable within my laptop from the mpcie port through the dvd drive bay, making it a more portable plug & play solution, which is my main goal. My laptop is still used for college so I need to be able to quickly grab it with me. Due to me fiddling with the cable, it is possible that I might've killed the cable, but I have no way of knowing for sure, as there there is no physical evidence that there is something wrong with it. Anyway, now I am back by step 1. 

I posted my issues here and Nando suggest to ask for a refund and go with the PE4C or something similar. 

Right, first question. 

I started to look into it a bit, and found out that the PE4C v3.0 for 60 bucks supports PCI-E Gen3. My question here is: is that for marketing, as in, due to back compatibility your gen 3 gpu/pci card works on our product, but we conveniently left that part of the information out and slapped a Gen3 Comp logo on it. Or does it really support gen3 transfer speeds?

If so, my second question:

I only have a mpcie slot available for this stuff. I searched like a madmen through google and this forum, but I can't find out if the mpcie slot supports gen3 speeds. So the questions is: In general, are there mpcie slots that supports gen3 speeds? And specific to my situation: Does MINE support gen3? 

My third and final question:

Are there any experiences with a mpcie extender such as this: http://www.hwtools.net/ExtenderBoard/P22S-P22F.html + a egpu setup? I mean, I really want to be able to just plug and play my laptop with my egpu device. I would basically do the same as I did with the exp gdc's hdmi cable as described in the intro. 

If this would somehow get me a more stable and good chance of getting my setup working, than I am willing to pay the extra money. 

Specs, if these are necessary for your reply:

MSI GE60 2PC Apache (2014 version)

i7 4710HQ - 2.5Ghz - 3.4Ghz

8GB Kingston Value soddim DDR3 Ram @1666Mhz

256GB Samsung 850 Evo mSata SSD

1TB HDD

Running: Windows 10 Pro 64bit and a custom bios(with more in dept pci settings of which I have zero knowledge, but that's for later). 

Thanks in advance for all your replies!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.