Error 43 with NVidia 372.90 and newer drivers -> Use 372.70

Lucas114846

Hello,

Does anyone know of a fix for error code 43. I am using an akitio thunder2 with a GTX 1060 and a 2015 15 MBP Intel Iris. Everything was working perfectly until today there was an update from Nvidia when suddenly it stopped and is now giving error 43. I have reinstalled windows and still am getting the issue. I am going to revert back to the previous driver to see if that will fix it but we will see.

• Thumbs Up 1

WARNING TO EVERYONE WHO IS GETTING THE NVIDIA DRIVER 372.90!!! I did a reinstall of 372.70 and everything is up and running again. We will see if it will stay that way. I would still like to know if there is a fix for the error so that if i need to i can update the driver in the future.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to Error code 43 with NVidia 372.90 driver??
55 minutes ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

Pls PM or email me your system model,  eGPU details and which Windows version you are using.

Hi Nando, sorry I dont know why i cannot Pm you.  i am using rMBP with intel Iris Pro 5200 and GTX 750M, I want to add a GTX 1070 via Akitio TB2 as eGPU. whenever I installed the nvidia driver on win 8.1 or win 10 it gives error 43.  As I am using bootcamp to install Windows I cannot use non-EFI boot.. what should I do to run the Setup on rMbp?

Edited by CodeSix

1 minute ago, CodeSix said:

Hi Nando, sorry I dont know why i cannot Pm you.  i am using rMBP with intel Iris Pro 5200 and GTX 750M, I want to add a GTX 1070 via Akitio TB2 as eGPU. whenever I installed the nvidia driver on win 8.1 or win 10 it gives error 43.  As I am using bootcamp to install Windows I cannot use non-EFI boot.. what should I do to run the Setup on rMbp?

Pls check your NVidia driver. If it's 372.90 then install the older 372.70: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/10516-error-code-43-with-nvidia-37290-driver/

1 minute ago, LukeHero said:

If you're using Bootcamp to install Windows 10 isn't that BIOS install rather than UEFI? If you install in EFI mode then you don't need eGPU setup. I was unable to get Windows 10 functionaly correctly with EFI though which is why I just purchased eGPU setup as I want to go from 8.1 to 10.

I am not sure what I should do, since I am getting Code 43 error with my GTX 1070 whatever version of windows I installed.  are you using akitio TB2?

4 hours ago, CodeSix said:

I am not sure what I should do, since I am getting Code 43 error with my GTX 1070 whatever version of windows I installed.  are you using akitio TB2?

error 43 is usually an hardware initialization issue. Check that you have the PCIe power ports plugged in, you have 75W slot power and your GTX1070 or AKiTiO is not faulty. Remove any PCIe risers and instead run the card in an opened AKiTiO chassis.

10 hours ago, CodeSix said:

Did the installation today successfully. I am using an Akitio box and my Macbook is TB1.

7 hours ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

error 43 is usually an hardware initialization issue. Check that you have the PCIe power ports plugged in, you have 75W slot power and your GTX1070 or AKiTiO is not faulty. Remove any PCIe risers and instead run the card in an opened AKiTiO chassis.

Hi Nando, i am using a 2 Molex to barrel plug for the power of Akitio TB2 and using a un-powered pcie riser, should I replace with a  powered pcie riser?

1 hour ago, LukeHero said:

Did the installation today successfully. I am using an Akitio box and my Macbook is TB1.

Windows running bios mode? Congrats, how did you do that? :)

2 minutes ago, CodeSix said:

Hi Nando, i am using a 2 Molex to barrel plug for the power of Akitio TB2 and using a un-powered pcie riser, should I replace with a  powered pcie riser?

Windows running bios mode? Congrats, how did you do that? :)

You can check out my guide right here:

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8088-2012-15-mbpr-gt650m-gtx97010gbps-tb1-akitio-thunder2-win10-lukehero/

Just scroll down to the 'Update #3' section once you have your hardware set up. Note that you may need a different version of eGPU Setup to me if you're on a different model Macbook.

3 hours ago, LukeHero said:

You can check out my guide right here:

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8088-2012-15-mbpr-gt650m-gtx97010gbps-tb1-akitio-thunder2-win10-lukehero/

Just scroll down to the 'Update #3' section once you have your hardware set up. Note that you may need a different version of eGPU Setup to me if you're on a different model Macbook.

Wow! thank you so much!

18 hours ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

Hi Nando, i have taken out the akitio boards from the chassis and installed gpu direcly into the pcie slot without riser, using refind to enable iGPU, use 0xbb gpu-switch to use it as default, disable pcie bridge to 750M, but the 1070 code 43 still...

After installing NVidia 372.70 driver and disabled 750M from device manager, enable Intel Iris Pro using rEFInd, it finally works now, also the eGPU is working on internal rMBP monitor (i guess), 3dmark gets a score of 4038, thanks everyone for the help!  But the funny thing is that even I have disabled the 750M, it is still visible to 3dmark.

Below is a footage running 3dmark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm18M-i4_68

Capture0.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Edited by CodeSix

On 9/22/2016 at 4:05 PM, keviskon said:

Can confirm, same thing happened to me .. reverted to 372.70 and card was active again. 2014 MBP 15 Retina Iris Pro ... Akitio Thunder2 w/ 1060 6GB.

On 9/30/2016 at 3:47 AM, londonsteve said:

I've got the same issue, reinstalled 372.70 and it works fine again. Really hope the next update fixes this!

On 10/1/2016 at 5:19 AM, Djestrobert7 said:

Same problem here. I really would like to try this version to see if this make Forza runs smoothly with my Gtx 1060. I only get around 25-30 fps no matter if graphics are in Low or Ultra.

On 10/1/2016 at 5:31 AM, Djestrobert7 said:

Hey guys. I just did something.

I tried to install the driver 372.90 by selecting custom installation and disabling all the others component except Graphic Driver and it worked for me!!! I hope it works for some of you as well.

I apologize for quoting everybody but out of curiosity what windows build are you on? I have found that the anniversary update also causes many of the same problems. Or at leased makes booting much more difficult. I believe it is build 1607 in which in 30 minutes I cannot get a successful boot.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear friends,
i have an problem while trying GTX 1070 as eGPU and also i have a friend have same problem with GTX 1060. i have error 43. i am using GDC EXP Beast V7 (mPCIe Version) with laptop Y580 (i7 3630QM, 8GB RAM and PSU Corsair CX550M)

i have GTX 970 and it is working normally only this error coming with my new GPU MSI GTX 1070 8GB RAM.

so, anyone know how to solve this issue ???

On ١٤‏/١٠‏/٢٠١٦ at 0:27 PM, ahmed khalifa said:

Dear friends,
i have an problem while trying GTX 1070 as eGPU and also i have a friend have same problem with GTX 1060. i have error 43. i am using GDC EXP Beast V7 (mPCIe Version) with laptop Y580 (i7 3630QM, 8GB RAM and PSU Corsair CX550M)

i have GTX 970 and it is working normally only this error coming with my new GPU MSI GTX 1070 8GB RAM.

so, anyone know how to solve this issue ???

:(

Same problem !!

anyone know how to solve this issue ???

to solve this issue :

I've got the same issue, reinstalled 372.70 and it works fine again. Really hope the next update fixes this!

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎15 at 10:34 PM, Salman said:

:(

Same problem !!

anyone know how to solve this issue ???

to solve this issue :

I was struggling with error 43 as well, I installed 372.70 and it worked perfectly! Don't know what changed in 373.06 but I hope someone fixes it too!

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Slickback

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to Error code 43 with NVidia 372.90 driver?? -> Use 372.54
5 hours ago, Vicodines said:

The 372.70 works perfectly fine, thanks again for letting us know about it, seems to be a quite specific problem for us 1060/MBR users! Has anyone tried the new 375.57 yet? 

It's not specific to MBR users.  Most egpu users are having this issue.  

And no 375.57 isn't working either. :(

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to Error 43 with NVidia 372.90 and newer drivers -> Use 372.70

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.