OFFICIAL: Alienware 17 Order Status Thread

Brian

Scheduled delivery date changed from 7/19 to 7/15! Bad news is, the shipping address changed to my grandparents house (where I am now) and I leave on the 13th :( now I have to wait till the rest of my family gets back on the 3rd of August :(

Was your original edd different than 7/19 because that date is after you would have left on 7/13. Either way I hope you get it before you leave.

Been following the forum for a while, just had to sign up to say that I finally ordered a m17x r3!

It's stock in options, except I opted for a 750GB HDD instead of a 320GB one. (Don't really have all that much money for modifications.)

I can't wait for it to get here, I'm so excited!

Ordered: 7/11/2011

EDD: 7/26/2011

Nice that's really cool Xoleras. Congrats on your order join some discussions if you feel up to it, glad to have you here. Welcome to Tech Inferno.

• Founder

I actually created my username at random on the keyboard, but it turns out that it DOES actually mean something in Greek. Was... Ironic, to say the least.

LOL @ random, but yes, indeed the word means something in greek. To be specific xolera (χολέρα) is the equivalent to the english word cholera.

LOL @ random, but yes, indeed the word means something in greek. To be specific xolera (χολέρα) is the equivalent to the english word cholera.

It actually was at random. I wanted a name that started with X, then I slammed on my keyboard for the rest. You'll notice that o and l are next to each other on the keyboard, and so are e and r, and a and s. Hah! Yeah, one of those horribly hilarious coincidences. I just roll with it now even though I know the meaning. On another, sad note: my M17X R3 got delayed by 3 days! T_T

New EDD: 7/29/11

Edited by xoleras20099
Fixed grammar.

It actually was at random. I wanted a name that started with X, then I slammed on my keyboard for the rest. You'll notice that o and l are next to each other on the keyboard, and so are e and r, and a and s. Hah! Yeah, one of those horribly hilarious coincidences. I just roll with it now even though I know the meaning. On another, sad note: my M17X R3 got delayed by 3 days! T_T

New EDD: 7/29/11

same edd as me, can't wait either.

New Revised Shipping Date of Aug 22nd for me when I called them today :(.. Apparently said some parts are on backorder and will ship out via Expedited once completed.

Congrats @kiru for the incoming R3. What did you select for parts?
Color : Stealth Black | LCD : 17.3" WideFHD 1920x1080 60hz WLED | CPU : Intel Core i7 2630QM | Graphics : 2gb GDDR5 Nvidia GTX 580M | RAM : 8gb Dual Channel DDR3 1333mhz (2dimm) | Storage : Raid0 640gb 7200rpm (2x 320gb) | Network : Killer Wireless-N 1103 MIMO Edited by kiru

New Revised Shipping Date of Aug 22nd for me when I called them today :(.. Apparently said some parts are on backorder and will ship out via Expedited once completed.Color : Stealth Black | LCD : 17.3" WideFHD 1920x1080 60hz WLED | CPU : Intel Core i7 2630QM | Graphics : 2gb GDDR5 Nvidia GTX 580M | RAM : 8gb Dual Channel DDR3 1333mhz (2dimm) | Storage : Raid0 640gb 7200rpm (2x 320gb) | Network : Killer Wireless-N 1103 MIMO
very nice system mine was expedited once all delays were over and it came in 2 days once shipped so your wait shouldn't be too long.

very nice system mine was expedited once all delays were over and it came in 2 days once shipped so your wait shouldn't be too long.

Finally the status changed to "Shipped" via Purolator...

Edited by kiru

• 1 year later...

just received my M4 last week. specs are 3820QM CPU, 16G, BluRay drive, 680M video card, 3D 1080p display

it took about 6 months to get it. when I first placed the order (in Feb), it was for a M3 with a 580M card. That order got delayed and eventually cancelled as the 580M was discontinued. eventually I received a M4, for the same price, with a 680M.

happy to get the 680M as it kicks ass. not sure that the Ivy bridge CPU is better than the Sandy bridge in the M3.

now figuring out how to safely overclock the heck out of this beast :-)

just received my M4 last week. specs are 3820QM CPU, 16G, BluRay drive, 680M video card, 3D 1080p display

it took about 6 months to get it. when I first placed the order (in Feb), it was for a M3 with a 580M card. That order got delayed and eventually cancelled as the 580M was discontinued. eventually I received a M4, for the same price, with a 680M.

happy to get the 680M as it kicks ass. not sure that the Ivy bridge CPU is better than the Sandy bridge in the M3.

now figuring out how to safely overclock the heck out of this beast :-)

A 6 month wait is ridiculous, but you did get a free upgrade that is worth something like $400+, so pretty sweet overall. Grats!

A 6 month wait is ridiculous, but you did get a free upgrade that is worth something like $400+, so pretty sweet overall. Grats!

not clear it was a $400 upgrade actually. The original spec (and pricing) was for the 580M which was the top of the line card at that point in time. It just got switched to the current top of the line card at the point of delivery. I'm not sure that the overall price has changed that much.

But it is a much faster card. so overall, I'm not that displeased.

Yeah congrats bro the 680m is a real beast. It should run almost 10c atleast cooler on stock clocks over 580m. 28nm is great. Sorry you had so many delays and I'm glad you have your system now.

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included