OFFICIAL: Alienware 17 Order Status Thread

Brian

Just be careful, they might send you a fat bill in a month or two. It's happened before.

True if you can pay it off in under 12months go for it but like Brian said watch out they could all of the sudden send you one fat bill. Maybe you should cancel it before there are any issues.

If they send me a lump sum bill, they will be breaking my financial contracts with them.

I plan to accept both systems, sell 1, invest payment in my usual places, then pay off sold system (minus 11 monthly payments) in full after 11 months.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they send me a lump sum bill, they will be breaking my financial contracts with them.

I plan to accept both systems, sell 1, invest payment in my usual places, then pay off sold system (minus 11 monthly payments) in full after 11 months.

Good, thats a great way to build credit like you said.

Thought I'd check on the status of my orders today and noticed this!

r3number3.png

I wonder how many r3 they're going to try and sell me, lol!

Let's see where this takes us. Maybe I'll have 5 by Monday.

(the one at the bottom is one of my refunds)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
i got my m17x :D on 22-4 i order it on 31-3

used it now a day and i see no flaws om my machine like the mediabar comming up

Pretty long turn around time but at least you got a trouble free system. Congrats.

• Founder

I just called in, and instead of the dreaded "Your order is in production and is currently in the Build stage" i hear "We are currently preparing your order to be shipped", that's pretty neat! It's been 10 days since my order so that's pretty fast!

For all of you who want to call in and check for the status, here's a shortcut for your phone :

18002543692,,2,1,ORDERNUMBER,,,,,,,ORDERNUMBER

I know, it's dumb you gotta input your order number twice, but this is the only number that gets you to the real order status.

Glad to hear that's great Kune. Hope yours is defect free too Kune. Michael I think those specs in your signature are very logical. Hope yours arrives perfect too.

• Founder
My replacement is on a truck on the way to my house right now

https://eshiponline.purolator.com/ShipOnline/Public/Track/TrackingDetails.aspx?pin=AAK007318451

I really hope yours is defect free, Michael!

I hope so too! Same for your replacement!

What was the problem with yours that you asked a replacement?

• Founder
13 days Michael till you receive yours, I remember waiting on my R2 it felt like a month went by.

Actually looks like I'll be getting it this week. Ill update here when i get a date. Right now when I call to check status it says preparing to ship.

I hope so too! Same for your replacement!

What was the problem with yours that you asked a replacement?

I wasn't very satisfied with my purchase from the moment I opened the box.

Ordered and paid for, but did not receive the 3D package -- they paid me the difference in refunds though.

media bar ended popping up and scratching my LCD.

track pad was misaligned somehow and ended up denting the LCD or whatever....tru life garbage. There were also 3 or 4 white imperfections in the tru life protection.

bsod on startup if anything was plugged into usb 2.0 ports

Although there were more defects/issues, what really ended up doing it for me was the soft-touch finish peeling/rubbing off -- I'm pretty sure it was from using the provided notebook sleeve.

Sliding the r3 in and out of it 2-3x daily seems likely to cause the damage to the finish; it was only on the corners which is where the bag rubbed the system the hardest.

When you get yours, take note of the texture inside of the bag/sleeve.

That, combined with the chipset recall, lead Dell to offering me a refund of original purchase price after 64 days of ownership. They even let me keep what was previously refunded (3d package + bribe for not sending it back) and offered 20% discount on the purchase of any new alienware system.

Replacement seems fairly solid. My CPU is beastly for a Sandy - I've had my bclk as high as 107.81. So far, I've only spotted 2 issues (one worsened by myself - oops!)

1. No plate under keyboard to cover the top DIMMs. Major flex. I'll have them ship one out.

2. HDD came misaligned. I noticed while secure erasing my OCZ Vertex II, so decided to SE the HDD too. Something went wrong and I ended up perma-locking the drive. Guess I'll have them send me a new one of those, too.

• Founder
9 days 12 hours till my is slated to be delivered. If only the m18x would come to our rescue....

Are ya excited???

I wasn't very satisfied with my purchase from the moment I opened the box.

Ordered and paid for, but did not receive the 3D package -- they paid me the difference in refunds though.

media bar ended popping up and scratching my LCD.

track pad was misaligned somehow and ended up denting the LCD or whatever....tru life garbage. There were also 3 or 4 white imperfections in the tru life protection.

bsod on startup if anything was plugged into usb 2.0 ports

Although there were more defects/issues, what really ended up doing it for me was the soft-touch finish peeling/rubbing off -- I'm pretty sure it was from using the provided notebook sleeve.

Sliding the r3 in and out of it 2-3x daily seems likely to cause the damage to the finish; it was only on the corners which is where the bag rubbed the system the hardest.

When you get yours, take note of the texture inside of the bag/sleeve.

That, combined with the chipset recall, lead Dell to offering me a refund of original purchase price after 64 days of ownership. They even let me keep what was previously refunded (3d package + bribe for not sending it back) and offered 20% discount on the purchase of any new alienware system.

Replacement seems fairly solid. My CPU is beastly for a Sandy - I've had my bclk as high as 107.81. So far, I've only spotted 2 issues (one worsened by myself - oops!)

1. No plate under keyboard to cover the top DIMMs. Major flex. I'll have them ship one out.

2. HDD came misaligned. I noticed while secure erasing my OCZ Vertex II, so decided to SE the HDD too. Something went wrong and I ended up perma-locking the drive. Guess I'll have them send me a new one of those, too.

Wow dude that's a lot of bullshit to go through. I dread having issues with my Alienware systems because having to deal with tech support and get the part sent to ME rather than a shitty contracted tech takes a lot of time and patience and I feel my blood pressure rise at least 20 points from the whole endeavor.

Look you're scaring me Kune... see I didn't have too many problems to start with mine developed later on. I plan to order an M18x and hope I don't need a second one shipped to me, I just want it right the first time. That's asking for too much, I know it's Dell.

• 1 month later...

Leo that's awesome I am glad you've got an incoming R3 also welcome to Tech Inferno we are a very open kind community that always enjoys helping others and discussing new tech. welcome to T I Leo enjoy.