Nvidia Quadro M3000M - unlock vbios

Has anyone tried vBIOS modding the SE versions of these maxwell cards to get them to work with graphics output?

(i.e. M5000M vs M5000 SE)?

SE versions look like downclocked, possibly headless versions for compute function only. I can’t find any info confirming if this restriction is in the BIOS or the card itself.

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2021 at 4:56 PM, Ather said:

This is the only difference I could identify, I have got Dream Color display and He has standard one. From Forums I can understand both displays have different lvds/data cables which restrict card compatibility.

M3000M must work on the HP 8740w, especially if the screen is DreamColor. Ordinary screen uses LVDS, but DreamColor uses eDP connection.

• 10 months later...
  • Bios Modder
4 hours ago, fly91927 said:

Hi Klem, could you help me unlock M3000m Vbios, thanks

Hi!

You can post here or send me your vBIOS file (from your m3000m). I'll take a look.

• 1 year later...
  • Bios Modder
12 hours ago, driven said:

@Klem I would like to have some fan control for my m3000 in a zbook 17 g2, could you unlock mine?

m3000m bios.zip 208.23 kB · 0 downloads

Hi!

No, unlocked vBIOS can't help with fan control. Fan control placed in EC firmware (not in vBIOS).

• Bios Modder
6 minutes ago, driven said:

Could I achieve lower gpu temps by changing vbios frequency etc?

No, unlocked vBIOS can't help in your case.

@Klem Oh I thought I could underclock/volt a GPU just like a CPU to achieve a quieter setup. The goal is to achieve keep temps below 55C and 75C under stress as that is when the fans speed up. If I can't do that then would flashing an M5000M with M3000M vbios give me lower temps?

Edited by driven

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, driven said:

If I can't do that then would flashing an M5000M with M3000M vbios give me lower temps?

No.

@Klem okay so undervolting isn't an option then thank you for your answers. I have one last query, since installing the m3000m I have only been able to get external monitor display output from the CPU via VGA and Thunderbolt (with a VGA adapter) ports, is this because the m3000m has the internal display disabled in the vbios?