Some legal heat coming to Microsoft

D2ultima

Now, I thoroughly dislike ZDNet and their authors for the most part, however the information here seems fairly good.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/french-authorities-serve-notice-to-microsoft-for-windows-10-privacy-failings/

Basically, as we all know, W10 is extremely overbearing with their information collection, and now they're getting essentially a "change or we take legal action" order from a French company dealing in data protection. I can only hope the rest of the world not in the EU takes notice and updates their consumer protection laws.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still running Windows 7 here, I know I am going to need to make the move at some point to 10. But its stuff like this that is holding me back. All these companies collecting all our info, is getting out of hand. From Microsoft, Facebook, & all the web trackers.. it's nuts.