My EGPU is not working at full power

cam21sk8r

Thanks in advance..

My egpu is not working at full power after i recently completely uninstalled all drivers and re installed them.. 

I have a work around which is just doing a clean uninstall and reinstalling the drivers.

it is  getting tiresome every time i boot up my computer or the display turns off it messes up, please help!!

i have a dell e6420 which has an intel 3000 and a nvs 4200m integrated,(gtx 660 external) but this problem arised after i clean uninstalled and the nvs 4200m appeared back in my display adapter list

i'm not sure what happened and it seems like the graphics cards are working but the gtx 660 is only working about %35 ..

any help or ideas are welcome!

On 7/21/2016 at 11:16 PM, Arbystrider said:

Open GPU-Z and check if it's running at PCIe 2.0.

So i am in a similar boat. after setting everything up and getting things working it feels like my GPU just isnt performing. The fan seems very quiet. It is a gtx 750ti.

here is my GPU-Z. any help is appreacited.

gpu z.gif

On 7/21/2016 at 11:16 PM, Arbystrider said:

Open GPU-Z and check if it's running at PCIe 2.0.

adding my iGPU picture too

igpu.gif

Run any sort of stress test like FurMark or run GPU-Z's internal render test.

The bus interface on the eGPU should automatically switch to PCIe 2.0 when you do that.

Otherwise, you have the problem where it's stuck at PCIe 1.1. There is various info on fixing this - I suggest looking around on this board.

You may have to use eGPU Setup 1.x in order to force gen2 speeds.

Edited by Arbystrider

On 7/24/2016 at 9:05 PM, Arbystrider said:

The bus interface on the eGPU should automatically switch to PCIe 2.0 when you do that.

Otherwise, you have the problem where it's stuck at PCIe 1.1. There is various info on fixing this - I suggest looking around on this board.

Problem is i think( i am not sure on this) my laptop can only support gen1. It is a HP laptop 8440p with Intel(R) 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset. 

On 7/24/2016 at 6:05 PM, Arbystrider said:

It is definitely stuck at 1.1 been trying get it to change  but i cannot 

funny the integrated is running at 2.0

also the graphics card is at x1 instead of x16

Edited by cam21sk8r

1 hour ago, cam21sk8r said:

It is definitely stuck at 1.1 been trying get it to change  but i cannot 

funny the integrated is running at 2.0

Setup 1.30 can set the eGPU to run at x1 2.0 speed on a 2nd-gen i-core system or newer. See https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/1650-diy-egpu-setup-130-previously-setup-1x/

15 hours ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

Setup 1.30 can set the eGPU to run at x1 2.0 speed on a 2nd-gen i-core system or newer. See https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/1650-diy-egpu-setup-130-previously-setup-1x/

but it worked fine without it at first i don't have 20 bucks when i'm sure there's a workaround

19 hours ago, aurora said:

@cam21sk8r So you're saying it was running at PCI 2.0 before, but now it isn't?

actually i got it working after reseating and re arranging everything .. but still said 1.1 @ x1 instead of x16 but worked flawlessly but now after a reset its back to not working

all 

On 7/26/2016 at 7:17 PM, Tech Inferno Fan said:

so i got this setup and even after forcing and all afte i reset problem still persists 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.