Lenovo Y510P CPU Upgrade

johnbizokk

Hi everybody!

I am also the owner y510p like many of you!

Some time ago I decided to upgrade the CPU, and after a long search found references to authentic information that help you to upgrade to Intel® Core ™ i7-4910MQ Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz).

Previously, I had a Intel® Core ™ i7-4700MQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz). I have not conducted specific tests, but on the whole system more responsive.

If someone is interested in information about the final performance - write in the comments and I'll try your test.

Have you changed your CPU? If you have changed, on what CPU?

I wish you all a good day!

My setup:

• GeForce GT 755M SLI
  • Intel® Core ™ i7-4910MQ Processor
  • 16gb RAM (DDR3-1600 Kingston 11-11-11-28)
  • 240gb SSD Kingston SH103S3240G
  • 256gb SSD Transcend TS256GMTS400 (m2)

• 2 weeks later...

4910MQ is of course good choice! I have nearly identical configuration and I'm planning similar CPU enhancement...

Do you have records of average temperatures of CPU/board/disks(M.2) during normal operation before the upgrade with 4700MQ and after upgrade with 4910MQ?  With what

thermopaste(grease) did you replaced original one?

If you can run live linux, what is the indicated bogomips of the CPU?

Edited by Venc Dee

Yes, I think it was worth it! About performance, the hardest change is felt when the PC boots, when a plurality of applications, and they are in the startup, the PC easier to handle the load.

About SLI - nope, after flashing bios and vbios, and underclocking everything works well! The extended gaming session, there are no problems with subsidence or performance lags or bugs with SLI.

• 2 months later...

Buona giornata!

Dal mio sistema di raffreddamento (sostituzione di pasta termica sulla CPU, due schede grafiche (Prolimatech PK-3) e un radiatore esterno (Opolar LC06)) in un semplice - a 50-60 gradi sotto carico - 90 (carico 80%, ad una frequenza di 3,2 - di 3,5 GHz).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/11/2016 at 5:05 AM, johnbizokk said:

Hi everybody!

I am also the owner y510p like many of you!

Some time ago I decided to upgrade the CPU, and after a long search found references to authentic information that help you to upgrade to Intel® Core ™ i7-4910MQ Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz).

Previously, I had a Intel® Core ™ i7-4700MQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz). I have not conducted specific tests, but on the whole system more responsive.

If someone is interested in information about the final performance - write in the comments and I'll try your test.

Have you changed your CPU? If you have changed, on what CPU?

I wish you all a good day!

My setup:

• GeForce GT 755M SLI
  • Intel® Core ™ i7-4910MQ Processor
  • 16gb RAM (DDR3-1600 Kingston 11-11-11-28)
  • 240gb SSD Kingston SH103S3240G
  • 256gb SSD Transcend TS256GMTS400 (m2)

I know this is an old thread but @johnbizokk what increase in scores you got in benchmarks vs the original 4700?

• 1 month later...

I have a i5 4200m, planning to upgrade to 4710mq.

It should work right? has the same socket but not listed in manual.

Edit: I upgraded and it works fine.

Edited by Donz7733

• 1 year later...
  • Bios Modder
7 hours ago, sm1tty said:

Hi, I have BIOS version 3.05, do I need install 3.08 to upgrade to 4910mq

Hi, no it's not necessarily.

7 hours ago, sm1tty said:

or 3.05 would be fine?

Yes.