PASCAL-MXM & P-SERIES REFRESH

6 minutes ago, TBoneSan said:

@Dr. AMK

I highly recommend the RockitTool delider. Some of the best money I've ever spent. Here's a video I did on my first run through using it.

This tool even better, thank you for sharing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Dr. AMK said:

I think we have to consider Delidding the 6700K to reduce the temp as nuch as we can. Do it by our self is risky for some of us, but now HIDevolution is giving this as an option beside the Silicon Lottery but with lower cost.

Find below 2 different ways for Delidding. 

Our seniors members please advice.

Regards.

Do it the cheap and best way without to use a special tool :thumbsup: And you don't need a SL chips. All 6700K can do 4.6 GHz and most likely higher without a need to buy a expencive SL chips from HiD or other places.

Edited by Papusan
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

Do it the cheap and best way without to use a special tool :thumbsup: And you don't need a SL chips. All 6700K can do 4.6 GHz and most likely higher without a need to buy a expencive SL chips from HiD or other places.

Yes, it seems easy, I think I'll enjoy doing it by myself , Thanks

• Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, wersuss said:

Anyone has p775dm3 with 1080 already? If so, is overclocking possible and what's the temperatures on CPU and GPU?

I would really like to see that also. I wish someone that owns one would post some meaningful information about it here. I really hope that Clevo improved on the cooling system, because it is an awesome machine that deserves it.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I would really like to see that also. I wish someone that owns one would post some meaningful information about it here. I really hope that Clevo improved on the cooling system, because it is an awesome machine that deserves it.

Right? Looks like p775dm3 goes after p870dm3?

Mine is coming so late, maybe beginning of October. If i get it first i willl post, but i want to know something about it since there's still time to change order . :)

Edited by wersuss

Hey @Prema do you think you could get the 120Hz AUO panel into a P670Rx or P775DM3 with Gsync enabled using one of your BIOS mods? Assuming a gsync GPU/license is purchased, of course. I sincerely believe that it'd benefit those machines and I'm wondering why it wasn't Clevo's new standard, honestly.

Hey @Prema do you think you could get the 120Hz AUO panel into a P670Rx or P775DM3 with Gsync enabled using one of your BIOS mods? Assuming a gsync GPU/license is purchased, of course. I sincerely believe that it'd benefit those machines and I'm wondering why it wasn't Clevo's new standard, honestly.

P775DM2/3 are going to receive official 120Hz g-sync panel options, just like the P870DM2/3.
P6 models use different LIDs for each screen, so there maybe a problem in certain cases.

2 hours ago, Prema said:

P775DM2/3 are going to receive official 120Hz g-sync panel options, just like the P870DM2/3.
P6 models use different LIDs for each screen, so there maybe a problem in certain cases.

I see. Interesting. I'm still sure it should work, though... the LP173WF4-SPx1 is the 1080p 60Hz Gsync panel for 17", and those covers hold the same AUO 4K 100% Adobe RGB panel that the P870DM held, which the P870DM3 holds, which also holds the AUO B173HAN01.2

So I basically do it like this:

1080p 60Hz = can hold 4K

4K = can hold 1080p 120Hz

1080p 60Hz == 1080p 120hz

I wish I had someone willing to actually test.

But great news that the P775DM2/3 is getting it as an official config =D

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Prema said:

Hello guys, there's an option now to choose P775 with QHD 120hz screen, should it look nicer than FHD 120hz with GTX1080 graphics?

http://www.multicom.no/systemconfigurator.aspx?q=st:10634601;c:1000042;fl:0

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Prema said:

13 hours ago, D2ultima said:

I see. Interesting. I'm still sure it should work, though... the LP173WF4-SPx1 is the 1080p 60Hz Gsync panel for 17", and those covers hold the same AUO 4K 100% Adobe RGB panel that the P870DM held, which the P870DM3 holds, which also holds the AUO B173HAN01.2

1080p 60Hz = can hold 4K

Hello guys, there's an option now to choose P775 with QHD IPS 120hz screen, should it look nicer and better than FHD 120hz AHVA display?

What;s the difference AHVA and IPS panels?

http://www.multicom.no/systemconfigurator.aspx?q=st:10634601;c:1000042;fl:0

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, wersuss said:

Hello guys, there's an option now to choose P775 with QHD IPS 120hz screen, should it look nicer and better than FHD 120hz AHVA display?

What;s the difference AHVA and IPS panels?

Don't know the specs on the 1440p screen, can't say.

Different manufacturers. Tech is the same, basically.

• Thumbs Up 1

1080p 60Hz = can hold 4K

What I do for compatibility is compare the physical dimensions and screw hole placements (as well as connector placements) with the original display our others known to work (changing this list on what works if the lid varies by company). If they are thinner than the original, but the outside is the same, shouldn't be an issue. You need as many matching screw mount points as possible and to make sure the connector and cord can attach without issue when closed. But I do agree, usually they can fit without issue, but connector position and cord length sometime means you have to do something to accommodate...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Prema said:

QHD 120Hz is TN

TN doesn't make it inferior, unless you overly care about the viewing angle + 8 bit colours, right? Although the colours will naturally look better on an IPS, I'm really excited for that QHD TN screen option :)

Edited by sirana
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, sirana said:

TN doesn't make it inferior, unless you overly care about the viewing angle + 8 bit colours, right?

Where do you see 8-bit IPS laptop panels? The only one I've seen selling in the mainstream is that AUO 4K panel (the gsync one).

9 hours ago, ajc9988 said:

What I do for compatibility is compare the physical dimensions and screw hole placements (as well as connector placements) with the original display our others known to work (changing this list on what works if the lid varies by company). If they are thinner than the original, but the outside is the same, shouldn't be an issue. You need as many matching screw mount points as possible and to make sure the connector and cord can attach without issue when closed. But I do agree, usually they can fit without issue, but connector position and cord length sometime means you have to do something to accommodate...

But see this is the whole point about it all.

LP173WF4 (1080p 60Hz IPS gsync-certed 17" panel)                       = x mounting orientation, x dimensions, x cord length, etc.

AUO 4K panel whose name I no remember                                     = fits in LP173WF4 LCD covers and laptops, plug & play = x mounting orientation, x dimensions, x cord length, etc (or close enough to it).

AUO B173HAN01.2 (1080p 120Hz AHVA Gsync-certed 17" panel) = fits in AUO 4K panel covers and laptops, plug & play = x mounting orientation, x dimensions, x cord length, etc (or close enough to it).

Therefore, if I skip the 4K panel... like dropping a known variable in a mathematical equation?

LP173WF4 size/mounting orientation/cord length/etc == B173HAN01.2 size/mounting orientation/cord length/etc

If they were truly different, that would be beyond surprising to me. It would mean that one of the existing panels was modified to fit in one of the existing laptops, possibly by its cord length. Which I highly doubt.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, D2ultima said:

Where do you see 8-bit IPS laptop panels? The only one I've seen selling in the mainstream is that AUO 4K panel (the gsync one).

I thought IPS are generally 8 bit, offering a full colour range of 16.7 million? If this does not apply to all notebook IPS panels, what is the point of getting one over a TN panel, aside of the viewing angle?

• Thumbs Up 1

But see this is the whole point about it all.

LP173WF4 (1080p 60Hz IPS gsync-certed 17" panel)                       = x mounting orientation, x dimensions, x cord length, etc.

AUO 4K panel whose name I no remember                                     = fits in LP173WF4 LCD covers and laptops, plug & play = x mounting orientation, x dimensions, x cord length, etc (or close enough to it).

AUO B173HAN01.2 (1080p 120Hz AHVA Gsync-certed 17" panel) = fits in AUO 4K panel covers and laptops, plug & play = x mounting orientation, x dimensions, x cord length, etc (or close enough to it).

Therefore, if I skip the 4K panel... like dropping a known variable in a mathematical equation?

LP173WF4 size/mounting orientation/cord length/etc == B173HAN01.2 size/mounting orientation/cord length/etc

If they were truly different, that would be beyond surprising to me. It would mean that one of the existing panels was modified to fit in one of the existing laptops, possibly by its cord length. Which I highly doubt.

I know the 4K AUO had the connection positioned lower which could effect the lid on some models, or at least that is what was told to me when I was looking at it when it first came out. Other than that, and without knowing the position on the 1080p 120hz display, I absolutely agree. I also had doubts when being told the ZN couldn't fit it, but haven't tested and found out first hand. But, as I said, other than that, I fully agree.

I thought IPS are generally 8 bit, offering a full colour range of 16.7 million? If this does not apply to all notebook IPS panels, what is the point of getting one over a TN panel, aside of the viewing angle?

IPS are more consistent in color reproduction than NT displays. It is a question of accuracy and consistency over refresh rate and viewing angles. Also, I do not believe any of the very few displays offering 10-bit, 1.07B color are other than IPS or equivalent displays. Unfortunately, these displays use 50-pin eDP and Clevo uses 40-pin (and all that comes with that choice), so if more color is what you want over 16.7M, very few laptops can accommodate.

Edit: most of the newer panels, whether IPS or NT are 8-bit these days. Go to panelook to get the specifics on the display you have or want to verify...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, sirana said:

This... is exactly my point.

IPS panels offer better contrast, deeper black levels, etc. The colours are richer to the end user, but the actual range of colours is generally the same (though, please note that the range is not equal... 72% NTSC on one panel is not 72% NTSC on another panel, though both do cover 72% of the colours of the NTSC range).

It's why I've said it the entire time: 25ms response time, 60Hz (overclockable or not), 72% NTSC 6-bit colour panels becoming the only panel option for the high end notebooks is an absolute fucking joke. I mean, 120Hz 5ms 94% NTSC which is the new standard for the clevo 17" models (soon anyway; only P870DMx for now) is a really big step up, especially since it's IPS over TN but better specs than previous TN panels like mine (72% NTSC, 120Hz, 5ms, 6-bit, TN)... but I'm still waiting on a proper review for it (as MSI's "5ms 120Hz" turned out to be 25ms GTG). If the panel's specs turn out to be true, then great. Otherwise... the notebook IPS panels are all a joke.

1 hour ago, ajc9988 said:

I know the 4K AUO had the connection positioned lower which could effect the lid on some models, or at least that is what was told to me when I was looking at it when it first came out. Other than that, and without knowing the position on the 1080p 120hz display, I absolutely agree. I also had doubts when being told the ZN couldn't fit it, but haven't tested and found out first hand. But, as I said, other than that, I fully agree.

IPS are more consistent in color reproduction than NT displays. It is a question of accuracy and consistency over refresh rate and viewing angles. Also, I do not believe any of the very few displays offering 10-bit, 1.07B color are other than IPS or equivalent displays. Unfortunately, these displays use 50-pin eDP and Clevo uses 40-pin (and all that comes with that choice), so if more color is what you want over 16.7M, very few laptops can accommodate.

Edit: most of the newer panels, whether IPS or NT are 8-bit these days. Go to panelook to get the specifics on the display you have or want to verify...

Well the lid for the P870DM and P870DM2 is the same, but houses all 3 panels. So anything housing one of the panels should house all 3, is my judgement. But yes, we'll see. Clevo Extreme Gaming has stated that the P670RP6/P670RS should get the 120Hz as an official configuration around december or early next year as well, which stands in line with the lid housing the LP173WF4 panels (and thus being compatible with the 120Hz).

I don't think it's consistency. I think it's just better contrast and deeper blacks, which make the colours look better. See the colour range explanation above.

As for the panels being 8-bit or not, have you seen any new panels that are 8-bit colour on the laptops? Again I only know of the AUO 4K panel. The Gsync panels from the maxwell gen except that 4K AUO are all 6-bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian unpinned this topic