PASCAL-MXM & P-SERIES REFRESH

Guys i have heard a rumor that clevo is thinking about MXM kits which (if they decide to make them) should be available in late September/October. What they will make different shaped pascal (like 980 which was in two variants)?

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Legion said:

Guys i have heard a rumor that clevo is thinking about MXM kits which (if they decide to make them) should be available in late September/October. What they will make different shaped pascal (like 980 which was in two variants)?

A rumor huh...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Legion said:

Where did you hear this? I haven't heard anyone speak of such a rumor. 

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Legion said:

7 hours ago, johnksss said:

A rumor huh...

6 hours ago, ssj92 said:

Where did you hear this? I haven't heard anyone speak of such a rumor. 

6 hours ago, Legion said:

From one Person which has link to clevo sorry, can't say more.

I have heard such a rumor as well. It remains to be seen if it is factual. All I can say about that is, the future of Clevo and MSI may depend on them righting their wrongs and nothing short of them doing so will redeem them from their shitty acts of treachery. The way they shafted every laptop owner on the face of the earth with MXM 3.0b modules by releasing Pascal in a goofball proprietary form factor, with a straight face no less, was nothing short of a premeditated act of fraud. Doing this is the least they could do, and it damned sure better include 1080 SLI or it's still a no-dice deal. If 1070 and 1060 are the best they can do it won't be good enough. To make it legit they'll either have to fit existing heat sinks or they'll need to give away free updated heats sinks with the purchase of Pascal MXM 3.0b modules.

If they still plan to charge $1,200 each for the cards, they can stuff 'em up their ass. Screw that insane price. That's just as immoral as them messing up the form factor to block upgrades.

If they do this it begs the question of what they are going to do next. Screw us all again when NVIDIA releases a successor to 1080, 1070 and 1060? Or, give new heat sinks to DM2/DM3 and MSI Titan owners next year when they can't upgrade without new heat sinks? They have painted themselves into a corner. In that corner there is a huge pile of hot, steamy feces. They're standing knee-deep in dung right now.

Our take-away is, no matter what they do, these bastard (Clevo and MSI) cannot and should not be trusted. At least not until they have made some public commitments to never turn on us again, so they can be held accountable, and enough time passes for them to re-establish a good track record of doing the right thing.

Nothing is ever what it seems to be.

I ordered P775 don't know yet it's DM2 or DM3, but it should be : 6700K cpu , gtx1080 - AHVA 120hz FHD screen. :)  330W power supply, is it enough for this setup?

Edited by wersuss
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, wersuss said:

I ordered P775 don't know yet it's DM2 or DM3, but it should be : 6700K cpu , gtx1080 - AHVA 120hz FHD screen. :)  330W power supply, is it enough for this setup?

Yeah, 330W should be enough even for moderate overclocking. At which reseller did you buy it? Just asking as I'm also hunting that specific model with a 120hz screen.

3 hours ago, sirana said:

Yeah, 330W should be enough even for moderate overclocking. At which reseller did you buy it? Just asking as I'm also hunting that specific model with a 120hz screen.

www.multicom.no ,but they don't have it until 30.9.2016 as i understand they are just taking orders now,i  won't get it more than a month. ☺ 

Edited by wersuss
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dremel, new heatsink, bios mod, vbios mod, plastic welding to harden laptop, i don't car if we're taking about hope: i really want a 1070 on my DM! And in a long tunnel, you begin to see a tiny flam before a brighter sun... but sometimes it rains.

Edited by haiwepa
detail
  • Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, johnksss said:

mp4MkLRh.png
0KPLG4ah.png

Nice scores brother @johnksss.

I wonder why 3DMark is showing the GPU clocks so differently between desktop and notebook 1080? Makes it harder to compare the graphics performance when you don't have an accurate view of their core and memory clock speeds.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/11315534/3dm11/11528240#

Edit: Time Spy shows them correctly. Must be 3DMark systeminfo needs to be updated.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/8532/spy/356775#

28 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Nice scores brother @johnksss.

I wonder why 3DMark is showing the GPU clocks so differently between desktop and notebook 1080? Makes it harder to compare the graphics performance when you don't have an accurate view of their core and memory clock speeds.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/11315534/3dm11/11528240#

Edit: Time Spy shows them correctly. Must be 3DMark systeminfo needs to be updated.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/8532/spy/356775#

Thanks Brother Fox

1: Different drivers do that about 95 percent of the time. Something to do with how it reports the clocks back. Some test pick them up correctly and others don't. The actual clocks are 2020/5504

2: You should have grabbed the next result down, it shows the clocks closer to right, even though it's still not right.

3: Time spy/Cloude gate/Firestrike Extreme/Ice storm all show the correct clocks.

Edited by johnksss
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nice one John!

Maybe we should add actual clocks manually to the bench description field. Futuremark has trouble playing catch up with NVIDIAs vBIOS and driver changes.

1 hour ago, Prema said:

Nope, maybe in a couple of weeks...

Hello, what beast you are waiting for? :) I got answer about when my P775 will come and answer is :

Hi

Looks like this will be ready for shipment by the end of this week.
We ship as soon as we have built  this.

Have a nice day.

Mvh Mariann
Multicom.no

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi gentlemen,

I have ordered my P650RS-G.

So excited... I have read some throttle issue with the 1070 on notebookreview.com ; so I really count on Prema to help us ;) 

As soon as I received my computer I can send you few internal/bios details if needed.

Let me know

Edited by Sekence
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, wersuss said:

Hello, what beast you are waiting for? :) I got answer about when my P775 will come and answer is :

Hi

Looks like this will be ready for shipment by the end of this week.
We ship as soon as we have built  this.

Have a nice day.

Mvh Mariann
Multicom.no

P870DM3 1080 SLI and you can bet at least a couple of secret weapons that cannot be mentioned at this time.

9 hours ago, Sekence said:

Guys,

Some people complain about CPU downclocks without reason.

It looks like it appears only when MSHYBRID is disabled.

We really need BIOS/UEFI update :) 

thx

If by "without reason" you mean because of 90°C-100°C temps and subsequent thermal throttle, the problem is only partly fixable by a magic BIOS, but rather by making sure the heatsink makes proper contact with the die, + use correctly applied quality thermal paste. At any rate, this at least helps the future BIOS update to unleash its whole power :fat:

• Thumbs Up 3

Guys,

Some people complain about CPU downclocks without reason.

It looks like it appears only when MSHYBRID is disabled.

We really need BIOS/UEFI update [emoji4] 

thx

The point where it begins varies by model, but Clevo (as all other Notebook ODMs) throttle their systems once both CPU and GPU are used.

That's stock for you and not considered a 'bug' but a 'feature'.

Though Prema Mod versions don't come with this feature... ;)

1 hour ago, Prema said:

The point where it begins varies by model, but Clevo (as all other Notebook ODMs) throttle their systems once both CPU and GPU are used.

You mean you will Cripple Clevo's feature?:hyper:

• Thumbs Up 9

3 hours ago, Prema said:

Crippled features from crippled minds. Like Forest Gump said, Stupid is as stupid does.

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

You mean you will Cripple Clevo's feature?:hyper:

Fixed by the Master Lord @Prema the Un-Crippler, Liberator of the Crippled and all 'round bad ass.

On 8/28/2016 at 2:12 AM, haiwepa said:

Dremel, new heatsink, bios mod, vbios mod, plastic welding to harden laptop, i don't car if we're taking about hope: i really want a 1070 on my DM! And in a long tunnel, you begin to see a tiny flam before a brighter sun... but sometimes it rains.

chance.gif

I have a question, and I mean it will all sincerity.

Since 1080 is out of the question... and 1070 is not nearly as good as 1080...

care.gif

• Brian unpinned this topic