P151em+980M Help !

qiweiyu11

11 hours ago, Khenglish said:

No, 2.0 vs 3.0 is insignificant unless using SLI. The benefits you would get would be power savings and slightly higher performance. If you have a good Sandy Bridge CPU don't bother.

How much can prema vbios v2 increase the performance of 980m ? I flashed ZM OC v2 on it and got x4000 on graphic scores. Before that, I only have x3800 on graphic scores. But I didnt see big change. Is this normal ? or maybe I didnt flash the prema vbios correctly ?  

Another question: How to check if I have flash the prema v2 vbios correctly ?  

Really appreciate your help so far ! thx!

2 hours ago, InfectedSonic said:

are you using a modified driver?

if so you need to disable driver signature enforcement.

Ya I am using modified driver. Driver signature enforcement doesnt have any effect actually, which will just pop out one window to ask if you want to continue duing setup. then click yes and it wont be any problem. I have solved my issue. Please check my other posts. Thx!

Just now, Khenglish said:

Awesome! I'm surprised Eurocom did something. They have many stories of people submitting RMAs and hearing dead silence for over a month.

Grats on getting the card working.

Ya. Thx for your help and kind :P I hope my issue could help others with old models like 151em to solve some updated problems. 

I think the main key problem might be the  v3 bios of motherboard on em models. not sure if prema would release it later on.

The Prema vBios prevents throttling, removes the 135MHz overclock cap, and enables overvolting. Use NvidiaInspector to overclock and overvolt. You'll see a bit of a boost if not overclocking, but nothing major.

Be careful with overvolting. The 980m FETs can die when higher voltages are used.

Edited by Khenglish

4 minutes ago, qiweiyu11 said:

Ya. Thx for your help and kind :P I hope my issue could help others with old models like 151em to solve some updated problems. 

I think the main key problem might be the  v3 bios of motherboard on em models. not sure if prema would release it later on.

I'm surprised the v3 was required. It is not required, but helpful on you're P151EM's bigger brother, the P150EM. Maybe the Sandy Bridge CPU was a factor? It sounded like anything that had a DX10 codepath worked, while DX11 did not, so programs were polling the HD3000's capabilities instead of the 980m's capabilities. If you had an Ivy Bridge CPU this would be OK as the ondie HD4000 supported DX11. I never heard of anyone trying a 9x0m GPU on a P150EM with a Sandy Bridge, so maybe that system would be affected as well.

Anyways grats, enjoy the card.

5 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

Awesome! I'm surprised Eurocom did something. They have many stories of people submitting RMAs and hearing dead silence for over a month.

Grats on getting the card working.

Eurocom replied me the second day after I emailed them. And I paid 90 USD (100-10:  10 USD discount for student )for this support , which was good for me otherwise I would lose 600 USD on the card.  And we take couple hours to email each other , solving my issue. All in all , the experience was good for me and they replied very fast.  But my roblem is not solved perfectly since I have to modify drivers every time. He said something was wrong with hardward ID ( messed  up with g-sync and non g-sync . something like that. SO NEVER FLASH UNTIL YOU MAKE SURE THE TYPE OF YOUR 980M ) and he cant help me flash back to the right hardware ID only if he took out my chip and flashed it on aother socket, which was obviously impossible.  So that's it.  Anyway, it works so I think it is okay for me.   

5 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

I'm surprised the v3 was required. It is not required, but helpful on you're P151EM's bigger brother, the P150EM. Maybe the Sandy Bridge CPU was a factor? It sounded like anything that had a DX10 codepath worked, while DX11 did not, so programs were polling the HD3000's capabilities instead of the 980m's capabilities. If you had an Ivy Bridge CPU this would be OK as the ondie HD4000 supported DX11. I never heard of anyone trying a 9x0m GPU on a P150EM with a Sandy Bridge, so maybe that system would be affected as well.

Anyways grats, enjoy the card.

Thx bro ! 

well gpu changes are always lottery... my 980m with v3 still doesn t run optimus. at least the 980m works without any bugs which is niche, i use the gaming laptop 4 gaming only anyways so the missing optimus is not thaaat bad, but still always annoying (fan noise)

• 5 years later...

HI guys,

I'm searching for my clevo P151 a bios V3 if possible from prema. 

My problem is that my p151 system doesn't regonizes my new gtx 980. Bios says VGA card is empty and only use the intel HD4000 card.

Thanks a lot

Kai