15.6" Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (Gen 2) + RX 480 + mPCIe2@4Gbps/5GTs (EXP GDC Beast v8.3E) + Win10

Psyrecx

On 9/3/2017 at 4:24 AM, Psyrecx said:

A modified BIOS is required as Lenovo has a whitelist and the systems won't allow anything but approved devices to be used. If you try using an unapproved device, it won't allow you to do anything until you remove it.

Hi there 

you brought hope back to me because I almost gave up on how to remove whitelist from IdeaPad Y500 after doing so much trials and so many errors stuff.

I have an updated bios V 2.03 on an IdeaPad Y500 Generation 2 with the 2 Nvidia 750m cards. So according to your quote above a modified Bios is required.

Also svl7 wrote in the opening page of this long thread that:

"if  your laptop bios is version 2.02 or 2.03 you can safely use the 2.04 update".

So so in simple steps how can I get first to version 2.04 and then to modify the resulting Bios to set me free?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/23/2019 at 11:44 AM, azab189 said:

Is there a guide for this? it would be amazing If i can get this working since my Y500 is basically falls under the "PC" category 

i think they are discusing about how to doit. you can doit if you try

• 2 years later...
On 2/23/2019 at 5:44 AM, azab189 said:

Is there a guide for this? it would be amazing If i can get this working since my Y500 is basically falls under the "PC" category 

There some very useful videos on youtube. I bought myself one too but never managed to make it work properly.