P370EM 7970m Replacement not recognized

manatee

Hello all,

I have a P370EM from 2013 with two stock 7970m cards that are starting to die. In hindsight I probably should've just bought a newer card but I bought a used 7970m to replace one of the stock cards.

All the cards are v1.1 but the new one has a different vBIOS. When I boot with the new card it is just a black screen. Putting it in slot two and booting with the good old card, the new card does not show up in atiflash utility or in device manager in windows. My system BIOS is prema mod.

Is my new card just dead on arrival? Could this be a driver issue? The dealer claims it was tested prior to shipment. Thanks for any help...

manatee

• 3 months later...

If you only plug this card (without other), do the computer POST ?

If so, you can try flashing it with DOS (aka blind flash).

If not, you can try disabling the onboard EPROM by shorting it and the blind flash.

Good luke !

EDIT: didnt see date... :)

Edited by cclecle2000

• 8 months later...

have you ever solved this!? I've sold my 7970m that was in my Clevo P150EM but the guy that bought it has a P370EM and he is having the same trouble as you, only he is still trying to update the bios. But I think only by doing a flash on the vbios he will be able to make it work.

• 1 month later...