Need help with displayport

nickisnoob10

Hello,

I am currently on the Alienware M18xR2.

Windows 8.1

980M SLI - On latest J95 modded drivers and Prema's mod

I just bought a new monitor, the acer x34.

It works fine on HDMI, but the displayport does not work.

I am using a Mini DP to DP cable. Whenever i plug it in, my laptop screen goes black and freezes. I cannot move my mouse pointer.

The X34 flashes as if it is receiving a signal, then goes "no signal".

I do not have any integrated graphics drivers installed. Could that be the problem? (My laptop keyboard is broken and i cannot switch to integrated graphics to install it)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, have been trying to fix this for a few hours.

After clean install of GPU drivers my computer does not freeze, but there is still no picture.

In NVIDIA it shows that there is a connection on Display Port, and that it is G SYNC compatible, unfortunately there is still no picture.

My monitor flashes as if it has received a signal for a second, but then blank screen and "no signal" 

Could it be an issue with the cable?

UPDATE: DP still not working, have managed to install the intel drivers on integrated graphics.

Intel shows the X34 is connected, but the monitor still says no signal.

On NVIDIA, it's the same thing blackscreen and freeze while on latest drivers.

On the DELL recommended NVIDIA driver, it detects the screen, and i can enable GSYNC, but no signal comes through.

I have a new cable on the way. Any ideas what the problem might be?

I am on a modded vBIOS.

• 4 months later...

Hello nickisboob10,

I'm having the same problem as you with a 2014 EON17-SLX with SLI 2x GTX 880M on a Thunderbolt Port with both the DELL S2716Dg and ASUS ROG P279Q monitors.  

I'm looking for a solution for this too.  Hope you'll find an answer.

On 11/6/2016 at 3:53 PM, bluewind55 said:

Hello nickisboob10,

I'm having the same problem as you with a 2014 EON17-SLX with SLI 2x GTX 880M on a Thunderbolt Port with both the DELL S2716Dg and ASUS ROG P279Q monitors.  

I'm looking for a solution for this too.  Hope you'll find an answer.

I had a faulty cable. Check your cables and adapter if you're using any. ( I was using a mini displayport adapter)

Thanks for replying nickisnoob10.  I have 3 different cables from amazon, all Thunderbolt/miniDisplay ports to Displayport.  All 3 worked with a Dell u2412m on the displayport at 1920x1200 resolution and 60 Hz.  And I checked one of the 3 on a Macbook Pro on the Dell S2716DG monitor.  The MacBook Pro was able to detect the monitor and the monitor was able to show the desktop at 2560x1440 at 120 Hz.   What did you get your cable from?