I have bought a few weeks ago an EXP GDC v8 from http://www.banggood.com/Expresscard-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1009976.html, and an EVGA 600W Bronze power supply from newegg, to use with an NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 (Untill I get a new graphics card, if more preformance is needed) and I keep running into Error code 12. I have for a computer an HP Elitebook 8460p, running Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1), 64 bit, a core i5-2540M @ 2.60 GHz, and 16 gigs of RAM.
I have tried multiple solutions, including disabling other devices to try and find more resources for my laptop, and multiple DSDT overrides, with unexpected outputs for the .dsl file. I have the file "iasl-win-20120620" (I'm not sure where I downloaded it from) and the result from when i did "%IASL%\iasl.exe -g" after defininig IASL as that iasl-win... folder, the output in command prompt is this: http://pastebin.com/EVuNe9E9 and the files it created to the DSDT folder I set the directory to (and their sizes) are:
DSDT_161C.dat - 149 KB
dsdt_161C.dsl - 997 KB
FACP_161C.dat - 1 KB
RSDT_SLIC-MPC.dat - 1 KB
If you would like to see the contents of dsdt_161C.dsl, ask me, i will find a way to send it, as it is too big for pastebin and the extension is not allowed to upload on this website.
I at first was following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-gQYEKukQ, but I could not find CR_6, so I went over to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRSGHGCEGRA, and realized they had two QWordMemory sections when they saved the document, because one was there in the first place, so I pasted the section of QWordMemory I found in many places:
QWordMemory (ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinFixed, MaxFixed, Cacheable, ReadWrite,
0x0000000000000000, // Granularity
0x0000000C20000000, // Range Minimum, set it to 48.5GB
0x0000000E0FFFFFFF, // Range Maximum, set it to 56.25GB
0x0000000000000000, // Translation Offset
0x00000001F0000000, // Length calculated by Range Max - Range Min.
,, , AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)
after the latest DWordMemory. I compiled it with
The ending output of that command is:
Maximum error count (200) exceeded
ASL Input: dsdt_161C.dsl - 28534 lines, 956320 bytes, 11237 keywords
Compilation complete. 201 Errors, 0 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 4001 Optimizations
I have also tried a few other ways of DSDT Overriding, with no luck.
Also, please note: I know about Setup 1.3, and how it could most likely fix my problem, but I am honestly not willing to risk the extra money I have after buying the adapter and power supply on something that I'm not completely sure will work.
I would be extremely thankful if someone helped me with this, and if you need anything else like files, or have me run commands, please ask!