Hi all, I have a problem that is making me want to tear my hair out. I have a 2 yr old Y500 with dual SLI 650m's. The other day I came home from work , took my laptop out of its bag ( it was on and in the bag for about half an hour, yes I know it had zero ventilation, but I do this frequently) shortly after plugging it in to the charger, I could smell burning electronics, thinking my cpu was fragging itself, I turned of the computer and unpluggeg the ac adapter from the comp. After about 15 minutes it cooled down, so I plugged the computer back in and turned it on. Everything was fine except my battery kept discharging even though it was plugged in, and showing it was charging. Pretty soon the computer battery was dead and the computer shut down. I left the computer off but plugged in for a few hours while the amber light was on, indicating charging. Once the light turned white, I turned on comp to find it had only charged the battery to 35%, and while using the computer, the battery started discharging even though it was still plugged into the charger. So I bought a oem lenovo battery thinking it was the issue. Put battery in, let it charge for a few hours, turned comp on and it still only charged this new battery to 35%, and it still discharges even though it is plugged in. Anyone have any ideas? I dont think it is the actual ac adapter, as the smell was originating from the comp. I dont want to spend a ton trying to fix this comp. TLDR Comp overheated, now batter only charges to 35%, then discharges while still connect to battery. New OEM battery does same thing, Thanks in Advance.