12" Fujitsu T734 tablet + GT440@2Gbps+c-EC1 (PE4H 2.4a) + Win10 [utopian201]

Hi

I have managed to get this working with an external screen:

Fujitsu T734 Tablet PC

i5 4300m

intel HD4600

Borrowed a Corsair CX750M psu and my flatmate's old GT440

Plugged it all in and got error 12 with drivers 368.22.

Followed the instructions here

However had some trouble decompiling the dsdt. When I tried

iasl dsdt.dat

it would give me the following error:

iASL Warning: There were 9 external control methods found during
 disassembly, but only 0 were resolved (9 unresolved). Additional
 ACPI tables may be required to properly disassemble the code. This
 resulting disassembler output file may not compile because the
 disassembler did not know how many arguments to assign to the
 unresolved methods. Note: SSDTs can be dynamically loaded at
 runtime and may or may not be available via the host OS.

To be safe, I used rweverything to extract the SDST tables (there are 4 of them on my machine).

lc8bPXY.jpg

Then I decompiled the dsdt with the SDST tables:

iasl -e SSDT1.bin SSDT2.bin SSDT3.bin SSDT4.bin -d dsdt.dat

This time it said 5 were resolved, 4 were not resolved. I'm not sure where the rest of the external methods are defined as rweverything has no other aml tables to extract from. Is it necessary to have all methods defined?

I added the QWORD section in nando's post

QWordMemory (ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinFixed, MaxFixed, Cacheable, ReadWrite,
   0x0000000000000000, // Granularity
   0x0000000C20000000, // Range Minimum,  set it to 48.5GB
   0x0000000E0FFFFFFF, // Range Maximum,  set it to 56.25GB
   0x0000000000000000, // Translation Offset
   0x00000001F0000000, // Length calculated by Range Max - Range Min.
   ,, , AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)

However it gave me compilation errors. The error in question was this section:

Method (ADBG, 1, Serialized)
    {
        If (CondRefOf (MDBG))
        {
            Return (MDBG) /* External reference */
            Arg0
        }

Return (Zero)
    }

I changed it to the correct syntax (found here http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z87x-ud5h-gtx-780.114516/):

Method (ADBG, 1, Serialized)
    {
        If (CondRefOf (MDBG))
        {
            Store (Arg0, MDBG) /* External reference */
            Return
        }

Return (Zero)
    }

This time no errors.

I installed the DSDT override and restarted the machine and got the Large Memory entry.

With the PSU and GeForce powered up and my notebook booted to the desktop, I hotplugged the expresscard, the internal screen flashed off and on again and the geforce was detected (is it safe to hotplug the expresscard like this?)

I only have Mechwarrior online to test with (1280x720, low everything) ;

Menu:

Intel HD4600: 28fps

GT440: 54fps

In game:

Intel HD4600: 32fps

GT440: 38fps

According to passmark, the GT440 is only slightly faster than the HD4600. I hope to test with a newer card eg GTX 760.

I'm surpised at how seamless it all is; it is almost as if Windows/Nvidia drivers have been built with egpu's in mind - look at these dialogs:

CUlZC1h.png

My questions are:

1. Is it safe to compile with DSDT with some external methods undefined? Which tables might contain these external method declarations and how do I extract them?

2. Is it safe to hotplug the expresscard while everything is powered up and running? I currently click "Eject video controller" using Explorer or Nvidia's Disconnect GPU so I assume it is safe.

3. What is required to enable optimus? I am using the 368.22 drivers. I can get an external monitor working, but I cannot get the geforce to power the internal screen. In the Nvidia settings, I have the game set to use the nvidia GPU instead of integrated graphics. But when I play a game, the Nvidia GPU activity screen still says "There are no applications running on this GPU". When I use an external screen, the game is listed on the GPU activity screen.

ejhdzYU.png

4. I am currently using a PE4h 2.4a. I understand this is not the fastest express card solution. Is the PE4C V3.0 the fastest express card solution?

If you have any questions, I'll try to help!

Edited by utopian201

• Tech Inferno Fan changed the title to 12" Fujitsu T734 tablet + GT440@2Gbps+c-EC1 (PE4H 2.4a) + Win10 [utopian201]
  • 1 year later...

Did you get the last Problems (questions) sorted as I kind of am running in to the same thing with my Fujitsu T734  testing a GTX 460 with the PE4C V3.0.

Some of your setup steps confused me but got it sorted and got the soft from ****** to do the dsdt overide and compaction to 36 bit to make the GTX 460 work and even tested 2 GTX 1070 cards, avoid the GTX 1070 G1 Gaming from Gygabyte it will not work the Fujitsu will not detect it atached.

Went to an other friend with a Palit GTX 1070 Dual model and it worked after I got past the ERROR 43 problem by clearing the drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller and clean installing an older driver 372.70 64 bit as I am runing on Windows 10.

One problem still remains, wish some one to help...

both the GTX 460 and the GTX 1070 ran/run at speed of the 1.1 PCIe bus and  

any attempt to retrain the bus to force it to PCIe 2.0 at least is unsuccessful and card is unusable in Windows. 

If you can help or ******, I would apreciate it, I plan on getting a GTX 1080 and runing it at the 1.1 bus really is a bummer.  

Capture.JPG

Edited by Wulfy4you

• 10 months later...
On 4/2/2018 at 7:03 PM, Wulfy4you said:

Did you get the last Problems (questions) sorted as I kind of am running in to the same thing with my Fujitsu T734  testing a GTX 460 with the PE4C V3.0.

Some of your setup steps confused me but got it sorted and got the soft from ****** to do the dsdt overide and compaction to 36 bit to make the GTX 460 work and even tested 2 GTX 1070 cards, avoid the GTX 1070 G1 Gaming from Gygabyte it will not work the Fujitsu will not detect it atached.

Went to an other friend with a Palit GTX 1070 Dual model and it worked after I got past the ERROR 43 problem by clearing the drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller and clean installing an older driver 372.70 64 bit as I am runing on Windows 10.

One problem still remains, wish some one to help...

both the GTX 460 and the GTX 1070 ran/run at speed of the 1.1 PCIe bus and  

any attempt to retrain the bus to force it to PCIe 2.0 at least is unsuccessful and card is unusable in Windows. 

If you can help or ******, I would apreciate it, I plan on getting a GTX 1080 and runing it at the 1.1 bus really is a bummer.  

Capture.JPG

If you have any questions, I'll try to help!