eGPU first time start no display

nidhoggur

Hey guys. So I got this far.

Connected the laptop HP EliteBook 8460p i5 2450M to this ASUS Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GPU via an express card /34

And this resulted in my laptops display not initialising which was to be expected I recall reading on different threads here.

My second monitor is using hdmi so I tried hdmi on the gpu and also connected a hdmi to dvi adaptor to the laptop and sadly the monitor never detected anything,

Can anyone help make sense of this with me?

BTW I connected the egpu while the laptop was off. Then powered the laptop on

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.

Edited by nidhoggur

10 hours ago, Arbystrider said:

I do believe that the 24-pin ATX connector is meant to go on the PE4C.

I have attached the 24pin ATX connector directly to the PE4C and now both fans from the gpu and psu dont run.

Seems to only run when I have the 24pin ATX seperate with a "tester" cap on it, like in the picture.

The only power that is connected is a 6/2 pin to the gpu which is connected directly to the PE4C and a VGA ATX 6/2 to the PE4C power slot lower left, also like in picture. 

1 minute ago, nidhoggur said:

I have attached the 24pin ATX connector directly to the PE4C and now both fans from the gpu and psu dont run.

Adapter may be kill.

I don't know if this applies to PE4C, but on EXP GDC it should turn on the PSU when the laptop starts up.

I stand to be corrected, of course. For all I know I'm talking out my arse.

Whats the function of the SW1 and SW2 switches?

• Support two delay switch to avoid registration problems when boot. (SW1, SW2)

Also cant do anymore till my laptop arrives, dont want to blow up my brother laptop

Edited by nidhoggur

• 3 weeks later...

did you solved the problem?

i have same issues..

HP 6470b + EXP GDC beast via EC + gtx 750 ti

there is no display on internal and external..try plugging EC when bios hold..egpu no detected

please help me :logik:

I plug my eGPU after windows has started now. Because whenever I run it while already plugged in I get that screen.

Also I used a GTX750TI like you before as well but my laptop didn't have enough resources so I used the GTX660 from my desktop which was fine.

I could use the GTX750TI as well but I couldnt get Nando's DIY egpu Compaction feature to work

This is my contribution to this forum. My procedure and setup that worked.

4 hours ago, nidhoggur said:

4 hours ago, maw said:

did you solved the problem?

i have same issues..

HP 6470b + EXP GDC beast via EC + gtx 750 ti

there is no display on internal and external..try plugging EC when bios hold..egpu no detected

please help me :logik:

Check out the rest of this thread there is a link to my solved section

4 hours ago, maw said:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.