i hope you great peoples can help me....this is my story:

MY PC:                     Packard Bell TS11HR -180IT

S.O.                           WIN10x64

CPU:                         i5 2410M

Northbridge            Intel Sandy Bridge rev. 09
Southbridge            Intel HM65 rev. B2
Memory Type          DDR3
Memory Size           6 GBytes

Mainboard Model   SJV50_HR (the same of some acer pc like aspire 5750)

DGPU                       geforce gt540m

IGPU                         intel hd graphics 3000

EGPU adapter:         exp gdc beast v8 mpci-e

EGPU:                       Asus gtx960 strix oc 4gb

PSU:                          500w

INTRODUCTION

before to buy the gtx 960, i made a try with an old ati radeon HD4350 and everything worked well!

Now i'm getting some issue with the gtx960....why????   ;-(((

1ST PROCEDURE I DONE:

1) uninstalled all old graphics driver (except for hd3000) with Display Driver Uninstall software (DDU) and turned off the pc

2) on reboot enter bios and switch graphic mode to "integrated" and disable lan boot. save and exit bios

3) on pc turned off, connected egpu and turn on

4) in windows devices manager now appear new item under video cards

5) from ASUS website (selecting my videocard) downloaded and installed latest video card driver package (NVDriver_Win10_64_VER356_06WHQL)

6) reboot and the windows10 loading fails with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION screen and always reboot

2ND PROCEDURE I DONE:

the same for the 1st one until point 4, then:

5) from NVIDIA website downloaded and installed latest video card driver package (368.22-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql)

6) now windows start correctly, i can see the gtx 960 under video cards in devices manager.......but with error 43!!!  ;-(((((

PLEASE SAVE ME HOLY GUYS!!! WHAT CAN I TRY TO DO?

I thinked to format my pc and install windows 7 x64.....but shoul be useful? and, if yes, why?

another doubt that i have: i need to install only driver from asus for my 4gb video card or also generic gtx960 driver from nvidia website are ok?

Thanks a lot in advance!

UPDATE: today i made a new clean installation of windows 7 ultimate x64.....and now i get error 12!!!

i made also DSDT override, but still error 12.....please help meeeeeee

Edited by turilapa

32 minutes ago, turilapa said:

368.22-desktop

5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg

Install notebook drivers. Actually, this shouldn't make any difference unless you're using Optimus, but it's best to use the notebook drivers nonetheless.

Please also consult the stickies before posting your problem. I hear it helps.

Hi Arbystrider and thanks a lot for reply!

But what do you mean for "notebook driver"? What notebook's driver exactly?

Edited by turilapa

By notebook drivers he means go to nvidia website and get the drivers for Gtx 960M even if you have the desktop version of the card.

Problem is I don't think that will make any difference. Your problem seems very close to what I was getting with a gtx 760 and gdc beast. I never fixed the error 43 until I bought Setup 1.3 and did the dsdt override as well. What I did was in this order dsdt override, compaction in setup 1.3 for 56gb - 36bit on igpu and egpu, force 32bit on egpu or igpu (I did on egpu), downgrade pcie link speed to gen1 for egpu else nvidia driver crashes. Save all that in the startup.bat file and run it every startup before loading windows.

If you can buy a PE4C cheap to replace the GDC Beast do that because from what people say it works in Gen2 stable.

P.S.1 If you can disable your dgpu from bios do that and uninstall any nvidia drivers + DDU before you start trying what I wrote above.

P.S.2 Also you don't want to be using nvidia audio over Gen1 so disable it in device manager.

Edited by templeka

On 4/6/2016 at 4:41 AM, templeka said:

By notebook drivers he means go to nvidia website and get the drivers for Gtx 960M even if you have the desktop version of the card.

Problem is I don't think that will make any difference. Your problem seems very close to what I was getting with a gtx 760 and gdc beast. I never fixed the error 43 until I bought Setup 1.3 and did the dsdt override as well. What I did was in this order dsdt override, compaction in setup 1.3 for 56gb - 36bit on igpu and egpu, force 32bit on egpu or igpu (I did on egpu), downgrade pcie link speed to gen1 for egpu else nvidia driver crashes. Save all that in the startup.bat file and run it every startup before loading windows.

If you can buy a PE4C cheap to replace the GDC Beast do that because from what people say it works in Gen2 stable.

P.S.1 If you can disable your dgpu from bios do that and uninstall any nvidia drivers + DDU before you start trying what I wrote above.

P.S.2 Also you don't want to be using nvidia audio over Gen1 so disable it in device manager.

I love you man!!!!!! It worked! I don't know how to say thank you....i was going to trash everything!

The only difference is that luckily it's working also in 2nd gen link speed....i don't know which version you had of gdc, mine is v8.

But to make it work i must specify the link speed gen2 (as you suggested to do for gen1 downgrade) also if already recognized.

Thanks a lot buddy....you are the best one! ;-)

15 hours ago, utopian201 said:

What was it that fixed it?

Also when I look at the 368.22 drivers, the package for the desktop and notebooks are the same size...

Don't care about that....just download drivers from nvidia website selecting your eGPU type.

(anyway i think the packages are the same....that's why you can see equal size)

On 6/6/2016 at 0:38 PM, turilapa said:

I love you man!!!!!! It worked! I don't know how to say thank you....i was going to trash everything!

The only difference is that luckily it's working also in 2nd gen link speed....i don't know which version you had of gdc, mine is v8.

But to make it work i must specify the link speed gen2 (as you suggested to do for gen1 downgrade) also if already recognized.

Thanks a lot buddy....you are the best one! ;-)

Glad I could help out and it's working fine in Gen2 even. I managed to get my setup working stable as well in Gen2 as well with my GDC Beast. Don't really know how as well, only difference for me is that I skipped doing PCI Compaction in Setup 1.3.

• 1 month later...
On 06/08/2016 at 3:58 AM, templeka said:

Glad I could help out and it's working fine in Gen2 even. I managed to get my setup working stable as well in Gen2 as well with my GDC Beast. Don't really know how as well, only difference for me is that I skipped doing PCI Compaction in Setup 1.3.

Hi templeka,

I'm getting some issue with setup 1.3 startup.bat on windows 7 home premium x64.

I found the configuration that work, but if i use startup.bat on boot, it doesn't work.

i have to repeat the conf every time from menu based than -> chainloader -> test run ed everything works well.

Any ideas for the why startup.bat doesn't work correctly?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

@turilapaSorry for the late reply. I haven't been checking the forums lately. You probably aren't adding every setting/modification you make to the startup.bat. I think you probably figured that out by now but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Edited by templeka

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.