EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Brian

NVIDIA GTX 1070/1080 for Notebooks Coming Soon

Omg ,my mom never give me enough of money, to upgrde my bebe :( 

21 hours ago, SillyNewb said:

Would it be possible to install one of these on an M17X R4 with an unlocked BIOS?

1070 is possible with a lot of work to the Chassis, you need a 120Hz Display and you can use the original A13 Bios.

For 1080 i'm not sure if there's one that fits in the Chassis and i think you need a extra power connector for the card.

Interesting article. I am very interested in playing VR games. I often play VR games in the center of virtual reality in Melbourne - https://virivr.com.au/ . I want to buy a virtual reality helmet - Oculus Rift. But this helmet is best connected to a powerful PC. Since I have an old PC, I decided to buy a new laptop. Now there are a lot of different laptops on the Internet. Video cards starting from GTX 1060 are "VR ready". Therefore, there are a lot of variants of laptops for playing VR games. Will be a difference in the quality of VR games on a laptop with a GTX 1060 video card and a GTX 1070 video card? I would be grateful for the help.

I cannot believe its been nearly 4 years since the GTX1070 mobile was released!!!  with the exception of raytracing, It is still able to run the latest games at the highest settings 4 years later!

a decade ago, 4 years in computer time was the difference between Nvidia's 6800GTX and the GTX480 :06:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Hax
      I have tried to update nvidia drivers of my notebook ge72vr6rf apache pro. The only drivers that works are the ones provided by the msi. The problem is that they haven't updated those since 2016 and I can't play newer games. 

Some say you need to mod your 1060 drivers, which I have no idea how to some says you need to update the flags in ini files. So please help me

Thanks for your time.
    • By rubendeus
      Hello!

I have a notebook Asus X550CC.
      Some weeks ago my screen went black with the brightness working though (black screen but one can see brightness changes) - I couldn't figure out the root of the problem, since it was sudden and it works with an external monitor.
      Now, I was trying to install an SSD with a caddy. I went to BIOS to change the boot order, but couldn't find my SSD - so, I accidently disabled launch CSM option hoping it would recognize it or something. After that I couldn't access BIOS anymore and I have a very slow startup with dxgkrnl.sys, wdfilter.sys and CAD.sys showing not loaded in the boot log.
      I tried to:
      Remove CMOS battery for 8h  Short JRST2001 and JRST2002  Access BIOS through windows 10 troubleshooting None of the above worked for me
      The laptop does not restart or shuts down correctly as it gets stuck somewhere and I have to press ON/OFF button again in order to shut it completly. The only display I can see in the external monitor, during start-up is the windows 10 loading screen (can't see the asus loading screen) and it takes more than 5 minutes to get me there (seems like a bootloop).

I hope someone may have the answer cause I'm running out of solutions 

Thanks in advance, everyone!
    • By damianalex
      Hi,
      I want to show you my new project.
      I bought my laptop about 5 years ago.  It was never speed deamon, but for every day use, it was enough to me.

Its specification:
      Intel i7-4700MQ
      Nvidia GeForce GT745M
      16GB RAM
      512 SSD Adata SU800

Yesterday I bought Witcher 3. Of course on 1080p it's impossible to play, because of about 10fps

So I make a decision to buy external grahpic card.
      I choose GTX970 and now I am looking for occasion to buy it.

I've already bought EXP GDC v8.4d mPCI-E. It is used and cost about 30$.

I will use ATX PSU to supply graphic card, because I have old desktop PSU at home.

My plan:
      1) unlock bios
      2) buy GTX 970
      3) enjoy Witcher 3!

BTW I try to cool down my laptop, so I replaced thermal paste to Kryonout Thermal Grizzly and make some tests. Temperatures and fps are on screenshots.

1) laptop on table, playing GTA V 1080p

- first minute (GPU core 1045MHz)

-after some time, because of high temperature and GPU throlttling (GPU core drop down even to 400MHz)

2) with thermalpad Glacier NC400 SilentiumPC

- 30 minute and longer (GPU core drop to about 900MHz)

3) without down case of laptop (like on picture with thermal paste) on thermalpad.
      Here laptop never drops down MHz and max temp are about 72 Celsius degrees.

Bacause of that I bought second down case for my laptop and I will cut there additional holes.

Greetings!

I will describe next step when I get all stuff I need!

• By Brian
      Following the release of NVIDIAs new 436.02 driver which I mentioned in an earlier article here, I've decided to make a quick and dirty video showing off NVIDIAs new Sharpen filter which is part of their Game Filter feature. It works with the most popular APIs including DX 9, 11, 12 and Vulkan and can be set on a per-game basis with granular settings of 0-100 unlike AMDs RIS which is limited to Navi and lacks DX 11 support.

View full article

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.