Sign in to follow this  
Rikama

Y500 serious perfomance problems

Hi!

Pardon my english.

I've been struggling with framerate and perfomance problems with my Y500 laptop for a while now (since I bought this shittop :)  )

Specs:

i7 3630QM

8GB

GT650M SLI

For example, in Counter Strike: Global Offensive, I have very low framerate, and in some maps I encounter very poor perfomance including strange mouselag.

When I bought the laptop, CSGO would perfom well: framerate was 200-300 easily at high settings. That was with stock drivers, with Win 8.

After I updated my GPU drivers, these perfomance problems started. I rollbacked to driver version 331.82, that was the only working version I tested. When 8.1 came out, the same driver worked well.

Now I have Win 10 installed, and I have these frustrating perfomance problems with many games. Like I said, CS:GO performs very poorly, framerate drops below 100 even in well optimized maps like Dust II. If a map has water in it, and I look at the water, I encounter mouselag, what makes the game impossible to play. FPS stays same (70-120 about), but mouselag is horrible.

Also, I've tested Crysis 2. I have similar problems with it, but mouselag is the most disturbing thing in that, not actually the framerate.

In CS:GO, all settings are low, multicore rendering is enabled (there is no difference if its enabled or disabled).

So guys, I beg your help. At the moment I would like to throw my shit Lenovo out of the window , because this is the worst PC I've ever bought.

A few notes:

Earlier I had also problems with screen tearing, and odd mouselag. I managed to fix that, when I turned v-sync on and then off ingame. Now that does not affect anything.

Changing driver versions fixed problems earlier.

Does it matter, if my V-Bios versions are different?

Framerate is same, no matter if I use SLI or not. Same poor shit perfomance.

Energy settings: Checked. Nvidia Control Panel setting is set to perfomance, not adaptive. Also Lenovos own settings is set to perfomance mode, and Windows' too.

Yes I use the correct AC adapter.

Not OC:d, haven't messed with any hardware settings. Just updated V-bios when 8.1 came out.

Overheating is not the problem, cold or hot, same issues.

Tried to murder my cat and make a pentagram from its blood, prayed for satan. No help from there. This was also a joke.

So long post, I hope you did not TL;DR ;)

If you find a solution to this problem, I love you all.

-Rikama

Edited by Rikama

I have been facing low frame rate issue, but not to counter strike.  Playing Dark Soul 3 recently, finding way to overclock it.

The mouse input lag is usually caused by having vsync turned on. My y500 is a used one that I bought last year and I haven't met with those FPS problems yet, so it could be an isolated case. The only thing that comes to mind right away is throttling from overheating. Did you monitor your temperatures?

I have a different set up (i5) and encounter many laggy situations. This occurs even when not in a gaming situation.

I've encountered the similar problem.

Unfortunately, while the 650m SLI is DX11 capable, it's not actually very playable.

If you can, enable dx10 in your games. With the upgrade to windows 10 newer nvidia drivers just assume to default to dx11.

Also, depending on how long you've had your laptop. Take a look at your thermals. If your card is being thermal throttled constantly it means that your thermal compound needs to be replaced and dust needs to be removed from the heatsink. (I easily saw a 5 - 10 degree celsius delta)

4 hours ago, blabba said:

Unfortunately, while the 650m SLI is DX11 capable, it's not actually very playable.

This is not true at all. Overclocked 650M SLI runs SLI optimized DX11 titles up to 2015 at 1080p60 high to very high settings. The biggest limitation is the 2GB VRAM.

4 hours ago, blabba said:

If you can, enable dx10 in your games. With the upgrade to windows 10 newer nvidia drivers just assume to default to dx11.

DX10 was a failure and so few games use it, it's not even worth mentioning. Vast majority are DX9 or DX11.

On 6/2/2016 at 2:44 AM, Rikama said:

Hi!

Pardon my english.

I've been struggling with framerate and perfomance problems with my Y500 laptop for a while now (since I bought this shittop :)  )

Specs:

i7 3630QM

8GB

GT650M SLI

For example, in Counter Strike: Global Offensive, I have very low framerate, and in some maps I encounter very poor perfomance including strange mouselag.

When I bought the laptop, CSGO would perfom well: framerate was 200-300 easily at high settings. That was with stock drivers, with Win 8.

After I updated my GPU drivers, these perfomance problems started. I rollbacked to driver version 331.82, that was the only working version I tested. When 8.1 came out, the same driver worked well.

Now I have Win 10 installed, and I have these frustrating perfomance problems with many games. Like I said, CS:GO performs very poorly, framerate drops below 100 even in well optimized maps like Dust II. If a map has water in it, and I look at the water, I encounter mouselag, what makes the game impossible to play. FPS stays same (70-120 about), but mouselag is horrible.

Also, I've tested Crysis 2. I have similar problems with it, but mouselag is the most disturbing thing in that, not actually the framerate.

In CS:GO, all settings are low, multicore rendering is enabled (there is no difference if its enabled or disabled).

So guys, I beg your help. At the moment I would like to throw my shit Lenovo out of the window , because this is the worst PC I've ever bought.

A few notes:

Earlier I had also problems with screen tearing, and odd mouselag. I managed to fix that, when I turned v-sync on and then off ingame. Now that does not affect anything.

Changing driver versions fixed problems earlier.

Does it matter, if my V-Bios versions are different?

Framerate is same, no matter if I use SLI or not. Same poor shit perfomance.

Energy settings: Checked. Nvidia Control Panel setting is set to perfomance, not adaptive. Also Lenovos own settings is set to perfomance mode, and Windows' too.

Yes I use the correct AC adapter.

Not OC:d, haven't messed with any hardware settings. Just updated V-bios when 8.1 came out.

Overheating is not the problem, cold or hot, same issues.

Tried to murder my cat and make a pentagram from its blood, prayed for satan. No help from there. This was also a joke.

So long post, I hope you did not TL;DR ;)

If you find a solution to this problem, I love you all.

-Rikama

please check your adapter healthy. i have same problem with my y500, after many search and try many methods fine that my power adapter can not supply needed power so changed power adapter and now work properly.

you most have 170W (20V-8.5A) adapter. but the adapter with details 19.5V-6.5A can solve your problem.

The mouse problem could be the old mousepad you have, check if you have the synaptic mousepad, if so reply back to me.

Yeah... now you start feel that you'r laptop get "old", got same config as you (SLI), GTA V on lowest Settings struggling like hell.... no problems with Counter-Strike ofc. Did you activate SLI in your NVIDIA Settings? After DRiver Update it will be deactivated.

What about overclock it a bit and see what happens, my y510p suffers some 0,5-1 second freezes in some games, i suspect my CPU spikes to 100C, really strange, sometimes my CPU just spikes down to 700 mhz. :(

Can you attach another Display to your lappy and monitor your CPU GPU?

have you tried changing image setting in nvidia control panel  to "performance" ?