$100 off Eurocom NVIDIA GTX 980M Upgrade Kit

Brian

• Founder

For the month of June 2016 anyone who likes the Eurocom Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/EurocomTechnology/) is eligible for $100 off an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M upgrade kit for any supporting laptop.

If you already LIKE Eurocom on Facebook you are already eligible for $100 off an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M upgrade kit as well.

Eurocom provides everything for an easy upgrade including the X-bracket, screws, thermal pads, and thermal paste and can provide heatsinks that may be needed to handle the 980M card. 

Having an upgradeable laptop is essential if the user wants to extend the lifespan of the system through repairs or performance increases. 

“Breathe the life back into your laptop with the performance of an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M upgrade kit” Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.

Eurocom is offering upgrade solutions for phased out laptop models to allow consumers and companies alike to extend the life span of their systems while benefiting from enhanced performance and usage of new software that requires new graphics.

Eurocom and several other laptop developers integrate MXM 3.0b technology into their high performance notebooks and gaming laptops because it allows those systems to support the most powerful graphics technology on the market while allowing for possible upgrade options.

Notebooks or laptops that incorporate MXM 3.0b can be easily upgraded with newer or higher performing cards of the same standard. This allows users who have purchased an upgradeable system to improve the performance and increase the lifespan of their system with an easy upgrade.

How to place an order with the $100 discount on the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M upgrade kit:

1.      Like the Eurocom Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/EurocomTechnology/

2.      Purchase the 980M upgrade kit by selecting

a.      “GPU Upgrade”

b.      Select the Laptop you own

c.       Choose the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M upgrade kit

d.      Click “Order”

e.      Enter all relevant information

f.        In the “Configuration Instructions” box write:

i.      I liked Eurocom on Facebook!

ii.      My Facebook name is: 

iii.      The link to my Facebook Page is:

3.      Click “order”

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M Specifications:

·         8GB DDR5;

·         MXM 3.0b;

·         100W

·         28nm

·         5200 million transistors

·         256 bit

·         2500 MHz memory speed

·         1536 CUDE Cores

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M Upgrade Videos:

MSI GT 72 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M Upgrade Guide: https://youtu.be/ghe4tFuC7jE

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M SLI Upgrade Guide in EUROCOM X8 - P377SMA / SAGER NP9377: https://youtu.be/EXDsr2TV3L8

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M Upgrade in EUROCOM Racer 2 - P150EM - P170EM-NP9170-NP9150: https://youtu.be/NMmQ6FH_IRY

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M & 970M Alienware 17 (r5) Upgrade Guide: https://youtu.be/fh8ockwbDiE

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M install in EUROCOM Panther 5 Mobile Supercomputer: https://youtu.be/b2yH4BD3ID0

Eurocom laptops with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M Upgrade Kits

P5 Pro

P7 Pro

Sky DLX7 Unlocked

Sky X4

Sky X6

Sky X9

Sky X9E Unlocked

X7 Extreme

Neptune

P150EM Racer 2

P170EM Neptune 2

P170SM Neptune 3

P370EM Scorpius

Panther 5

X3

X3 R2

X8 Extreme

MSI Laptops with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M Upgrade Kits

MSI GT70 2PC

MSI GT70 2PE

MSI GT70 0NC

MSI GT70 0ND

MSI GT70 20C

MSI GT70 2OD

MSI GT72

MSI GT80 2QE

MSI GT780DX

Dell Laptops with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M Upgrade Kits

Dell Precision M4800

Dell Precision M6500

Dell Precision M6600

Dell Precision M6700

Dell Precision M6800

Dell Precision 17 7000

Alienware laptops with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M Upgrade Kits

Alienware M17x R4

Alienware 17 (R5)

Alienware M18x R2

Alienware 18 (R3)

Clevo Laptops with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M Upgrade Kits

CLEVO P150EM / SAGER NP9150

CLEVO P170EM / SAGER NP9170

CLEVO P170SM / Sager NP8278

CLEVO P150SM-A / SAGER NP8268

CLEVO P157SM-A / SAGER NP8258

CLEVO P177SM / SAGER NP8290

CLEVO P177SMA / SAGER NP8298

CLEVO P170SMA / SAGER NP8278

CLEVO P770ZM / SAGER NP9772

CLEVO P770DM / Sager NP9778

CLEVO P770ZM / SAGER NP9772

CLEVO P750ZM / SAGER NP9752

CLEVO P750DM / SAGER NP9758

CLEVO P750DM-G / SAGER NP9758-G

CLEVO P870DM

CLEVO P375SM / Sager NP9390

CLEVO P370SM / SAGER NP9380

CLEVO P370SM3 / SAGER NP9380

CLEVO P370EM/SAGER NP9370/XMG P722 Pro

CLEVO P377SMA / SAGER NP9377

CLEVO P570WM / SAGER NP9570

View full article

• Thumbs Up 1

While reading this article on the main page, I cannot find a where to leave comments! I had to find it in the forums to post comment! Are most new stories unable to be commented on from the main screen? 

Anyways, this card is very nice and makes the  ps4 & Xbox one even more dated! I am happy my laptop is s fully upgraded able! Errr I think this site has a problem with iphone ! It is very iratating replying from my  iphone . The cursor jumps everywhere in the text box!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
22 minutes ago, kickbutthero said:

While reading this article on the main page, I cannot find a where to leave comments! I had to find it in the forums to post comment! Are most new stories unable to be commented on from the main screen? 

Anyways, this card is very nice and makes the  ps4 & Xbox one even more dated! I am happy my laptop is s fully upgraded able! Errr I think this site has a problem with iphone ! It is very iratating replying from my  iphone . The cursor jumps everywhere in the text box!

It was a permissions issue, thanks for bringing it up as we weren't aware of it! It's fixed now and you should be able to comment on articles on the front page. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
22 minutes ago, kickbutthero said:

Awesome Brian!!! Now where's my promotion ?? :whistle::)lol

Well since you inadvertently found a bug I suppose I could speed it up for you as a one time deal. ;)

Hi. Quick question if you don't mind. I'd like to buy one these kits to upgrade my m18x R2 (660m). Is everything I need included or will it require a different heat sink and fan?

8 hours ago, Max2016 said:

Hi. Quick question if you don't mind. I'd like to buy one these kits to upgrade my m18x R2 (660m). Is everything I need included or will it require a different heat sink and fan?

You will need heat sinks for sure... 660M heat sinks will not support 980M correctly. If you plan on going with SLI, you will need whatever parts your system is missing if you are not already running 660M in SLI (i.e. secondary GPU fan, heat sink and SLI bridge). Tell Eurocom what you need and they will most likely be able to set you up. They are strong supporters of people having the ability to upgrade what they have and chances are good that they have the parts you need. They used to offer generous trade-ins on Alienware laptops, so that may be something to ask them about. A traded-in antique Alienware like  the M18xR1/R2 is nice donor machine for keeping up their stock of upgrade parts.

You will also need the BIOS mod from @Swick1981 available here at Tech|Inferno. Without his awesome BIOS mod, Maxwell sucks on the M18xR2.

On 05/06/2016 at 8:10 PM, Mr. Fox said:

You will need heat sinks for sure... 660M heat sinks will not support 980M correctly. If you plan on going with SLI, you will need whatever parts your system is missing if you are not already running 660M in SLI (i.e. secondary GPU fan, heat sink and SLI bridge). Tell Eurocom what you need and they will most likely be able to set you up. They are strong supporters of people having the ability to upgrade what they have and chances are good that they have the parts you need. They used to offer generous trade-ins on Alienware laptops, so that may be something to ask them about. A traded-in antique Alienware like  the M18xR1/R2 is nice donor machine for keeping up their stock of upgrade parts.

You will also need the BIOS mod from @Swick1981 available here at Tech|Inferno. Without his awesome BIOS mod, Maxwell sucks on the M18xR2.

I see. Thanks for all the awesome gen Mr. Fox I'll contact them later :)

Hi people ..... I think that the folks over Eurocom have made a mistake ..... this upgrade kit is listed to be available even for the DELL M6500, and, myself having one, I can guarantee, that the standard 980m in mxm format can't be put in this DELL. It has a special connector, top-down, and not an mxm 45degree insert angle   

.... Could you, any of the mods, bring to their attention this little "typo" ?

Have all a great week!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...