2014 15" MBP GT750M + GTX1080@16Gbps-TB2 (Akitio Thunder2) + OSX 10.11

I think I have the same setup and I finally got it working on Windows. I was using an existing Windows installation and nothing would work. The most progress I had was 3 display adapters listed and the dreaded Error 12.

I made a fresh vanilla Windows 10 install on external MBR drive without BootCamp drivers. Got 2 display adapters listed in Device Manager, then installed 372.70 drivers. And it worked!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

Damien - as far as I'm aware, we still don't have Pascal drivers on macOS yet. So, the 1080 won't work (at least not without some much more fiddle hacking, I imagine). 

Right now for Mac use you'd be better off picking up a GTX 980 or Titan, as those have full Mac support. Or, if you're in Premiere, get the best Radeon you can get - while OpenCL is not as hot as CUDA for hardware acceleration in the Adobe suite, it has native macOS support and might save you some grief. 

On on another note, I ended up building a full Windows tower specifically for editing, so my Akitio sits idle. I'll make you a good deal...

@Mike Thorn Oh man that's really disappointing, i thought i was finally getting it and no drivers huh.. Kinda stupid question maybe but the cud drivers from nvidia wouldn't help? 
For the Akitio, where are you located? 

Edited by Damien

I'm not a drivers expert, but I would imagine that it might be possible to get the card running in a very basic form with the Maxwell-series drivers, but you definitely would not be able to take advantage of the Pascal-series features and benefits. That's over my head though. 

I had had hoped that 10.12 Sierra would have some support, but it seems that Nvidia has not put a great amount of effort into it. 

I'll PM you on the akitio. 

It'll be the web drivers. Once you install the GeForce experience or whatever it's called on macOS (not at my laptop at the moment), you will be able to install the latest web driver, which does have whatever mac support Nvidia currently has (currently only fully complete for the Kepler architecture). I believe the latest version is 367.15.10.25f02.

It won't let me send you a PM, any idea why? Puzzled. 

Ok now I'm totally confused AGAIN, i just chatted with Nvidia support and they told me that the only card that gtx 680 is the latest card for Mac but then i saw all these people with 900 cards working on mac.. WTF??? 

Yeah maybe because I'm new here? I had full inbox with 2 messages, i deleted them so you can try again..