CLEVO@COMPUTEX 2016

• 2 weeks later...

GTX 1050 TI (desktop) and 1060 for notebook?

nvidia-laptopmedia.jpg?w=940

Link to full article here.  So some of the previous rumors regarding desktop cards in mobile chassis might actually be coming to fruition?  Anyone else's thoughts?  I guess it would make sense with the 1060 and 1050 TI since they'd still be less presumably less powerful than a 1080m. :)

Just more confirmation of what we already knew: http://videocardz.com/61503/leaked-driver-supports-mobile-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-gtx-1070 (or we can safely call it conjecture, all the same).

You can find the leaked driver info specific to the original forum post by clicking here.  Maybe a paper launch is right on the horizon.  "Early August" as a lot of rumors seem to be pointing at is very, very close.  If it's anything like when Nvidia officially unveiled the 1080 back in early May around or on the 7th, then they'll officially "acknowledge" the existence of these cards at least three weeks out before they're for sale.  There's also these article about the "actual" desktop 1060 here and here (be sure to use translate or have google chrome if you're not a native Chinese speaker/reader for the second link).  If there's truth to any of these rumors, perhaps Nvidia will couple the paper launch of the desktop 1050 and 1060 with the announcement for the notebook (not "m", mind you") cards.  Thoughts?

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!  Fellow Americans, non, native-borne, or otherwise. :D 

Edited by Akaraah
Adding more relevant info.

On 11. juni 2016 at 0:28 AM, Brian said:

This man speaks the truth, Alienware became trash shortly after the release of Alienware 18 and I called it before it was even released and jumped ship a few years ago. They always find a way to cripple their systems, whether it's bios, hardware or a combination of both. Plus AW laptops are notoriously thick and heavy with ugly fat bezels and subpar displays, just say no. Get yourself an MSI or Clevo if you want a better performance notebook but unfortunately with the way the market is now, you can only count on Clevo if you want a socketed CPU. 

On 10. juni 2016 at 10:59 PM, Mr. Fox said:

Why bother with Alienware at this point? If they cripple it like they did the last 18-incher it will be a well-built chassis that houses an abject failure in terms of performance. If they release it as a overweight BGA turdbook it will be even worse than that. Alienware has shown us their true colors since the introduction of Haswell. Judging from their past behaviors that followed release of the M18xR2 I think it is safe to say that they are no longer committed to producing high quality enthusiast products that deliver superior performance or an experience that enthusiasts can find to be gratifying. Their only commitment is to sell and maximize profits using marketing hype and anything that turns out right seems to be accidental at this point. They haven't sold anything worth buying since the M18xR, so there's really nothing for us to look forward to.

Even with use of socket hardware that maybe work in a new AW18(Probably will Dell put in 3 Oc profiles as before and gimp further Overclocking, LOL). You're still locked in terms of firmware!!! Relying on a company like Dell... Is like believing in Santa Claus comes to your home through the chimney every Christmas!! Save your money for something else, until the contrary is proved!! Even then you should skip DELLINWARE for something else = The best from Clevo with @Prema firmvare. Or save your hard earned money. Fully unlocked Bios isn't DELL's policy. More like everything locked!!!

Edited by Papusan

So, in light of nVidia's new broken cards, and the way that every single card goes out of stock minutes after getting back "in stock" online all around the world (even $900+ CAD per card? Insta-sold, according to a friend who has been trying to find one to bench it for at least two weeks now), I mentioned to a friend Luna that if the universe keeps shoving money up nVidia's behind they'll probably never fix Pascal with a revision like they did with Fermi.

She proceeded to draw this, which I think you all will absolutely enjoy, especially @Mr. Fox hehe

NvidiabackgroundV.png

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, D2ultima said:

So, in light of nVidia's new broken cards, and the way that every single card goes out of stock minutes after getting back "in stock" online all around the world (even $900+ CAD per card? Insta-sold, according to a friend who has been trying to find one to bench it for at least two weeks now), I mentioned to a friend Luna that if the universe keeps shoving money up nVidia's behind they'll probably never fix Pascal with a revision like they did with Fermi.

She proceeded to draw this, which I think you all will absolutely enjoy, especially @Mr. Fox hehe

Reveal hidden contents

NvidiabackgroundV.png

but you don't get much option for true performance cards on the amd side lol

9 minutes ago, str8_an94baller said:

but you don't get much option for true performance cards on the amd side lol

AMD continues to unimpress me, and I was genuinely hoping for the best. I don't think the word "best" is even in their vocabulary any more. At least it doesn't seem like it. It's a shame they don't try harder. Maybe they don't know how... or maybe they just don't care about winning any more.

AMD RX 480 Drawing Too Much Power and Potentially Damaging Motherboards? - Tech|Inferno

We really needed AMD to make a stronger comeback this gen. We're going to keep getting screwed by Nvidia in the mobile realm with how weak Polaris 10 is.

The days of 680m vs 7970m, the last time AMD was relevant, seem so distant now.

1 hour ago, Khenglish said:

We really needed AMD to make a stronger comeback this gen. We're going to keep getting screwed by Nvidia in the mobile realm with how weak Polaris 10 is.

The days of 680m vs 7970m, the last time AMD was relevant, seem so distant now.

Idk, is it just me or does it seem like AMD just wants to abuse Intel's "Bail out" to spite them for what happened back in 2004 w/ the whole 64bit/intel instruction sets onry scam? 

2010 was it? when the merger finalized and ATI disappeared thus renaming the brands fully to AMD? Keep in mind I'm just speculating here, but it seems like the drop happened shortly after.

The Q&A process saddens me though, as it truly feels like they have 1 PC that they consider the mother ****************** of the master race. If X card works in said PC then it must be deemed a prophecy fit for consumer purchase lol.

Edited by LunaP
typo o3o