[SOLVED] CROSSFIRE: permanent fps drop (halving) in Rainbow Six, Star Wars, BF4

MY config:  look at my signature

Hi guys, I have a very good PC and for quite some time, I can not play well. I am thinking of having driver problems I finally decided to format but the problem persists. I have windows 10

Practically while playing at one of the three aforementioned titles (titles where it is good hardware power required, contrary to titles like fifa, europa universalis or Counterstrike) after a few minutes of game I have a fps, as if they were halved, and remain dropped until I restart the game, and then do it again.

For example: BF4 normally 110/120/130 fps, after a few minutes 55/60 fps

Star Wars Battlefront 95/100/110 fps after a few minutes 48/50/52 fps

Rainbow Six Siege (I do not think the CFX works, also I use the Vsync) normally 60fps and after a few minutes  32/33/34 fps.

It seems that doesn't work the Crossfire, resulting a drastic loss of frame, that remains. The gaming experience is horrible: shoot everything, a huge lag.

I tried all the 2016 AMD drivers, I tried to disable the ULPS ...

Help me please. :23_002:

Edited by MasterInTheUniverse

Sounds like overheating problems, also check the cpu temps. Im guessing you tried  things like changing the power plan, disabling the intel speedstep in bios and other power saving settings. I had a problem with speedstep that would keep my cpu at .91gHz

• Thumbs Up 1

HAPPILY I HAVE SOLVED.

More than one person told me to keep an eye on the temperatures. Honestly I had done a thorough cleaning not many months ago and I took the advice initially a little lightly, so I decided to do the surveys: I removed the door, I took two neoprene rigid bearings so that did rise from the back and that would guarantee more ventilation.

I initially monitored gpu temp video cards and then with HWMonitor the CPU: With Star Wars Battlefront everything to the max primary GPU reached a peak of 101 ° C and then settle on an exercise of 95 ° C, the secondary GPU came to a peak of 87 ° C and then level off at an exercise of 82 ° C; in Rainboxw Six Siege instead multiGPU does not work, then the only primary card reached to 98 ° C peak and then stabilize at 91 ° C operating. The cpu instead came to 99 ° C peak, with exercise of 89/90 ° C.

During the sessions there was no throttling by a hair practically. I decided to disassemble everything and to clean: Among the fans conveyed and applied it sink electrical tape to minimize the possible dispersion of the air flow generated between the fans: here he has formed a thin but dense srato of dust, a real carpet that was stagnating heat doing reach temperatures, door closed laptop, EXORBITANT. Canister of compressed air to the hand, cotton swabs, alcohol, and MX4, I repasted the gpus (not the cpu being delided where I applied the liquid metal and that does not suffer from dryness as the polymer clay), clean properly the fans and radiators .

All things being equal I gained between 20 and 25 ° C on the gpu, and 12-13 ° C on the CPU.

Good day!

Edited by MasterInTheUniverse
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

Thanks for the update, heat is usually the main culprit  that causes throttling in notebooks unfortunately. You might want to look into a mod for the bottom cover if it's an older Clevo or asus .

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Thanks for the update, heat is usually the main culprit  that causes throttling in notebooks unfortunately. You might want to look into a mod for the bottom cover if it's an older Clevo or asus .

Santech G37 - Intel i7 4930MX Extreme Edition - 32GB Kingston Hyper X - Samsung SSD 840 PRO - Seagate SSHD 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - Crossfire X Radeon M290X