Sign in to follow this  
RickIsCool

I am receiving a Dell 680m 2048Mb, to replace my failing 675m, and am told I may need to flash the VBIOS

I'm aware that this problem has come up before and is likely solved, but I am new to the forums so i need to post to have full access to these resources, so i figured i may as well start a new thread.

Related posts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222124374139?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT - Item I purchased
https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/6308-msi-gt70-no-post-black-screen-after-video-card-upgrade-from-675m-to-680m/  - People already discussing this very same issue

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/1425-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks/  - all available Keplar VBIOS

I'd still like to start fresh though.

The computer I plan on putting this into is a MS-1762

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

i7-3630QM Quad-Core 2.4ghz

8GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz

Chipset: HM77 / Intel Ivy Bridge

My goal in this thread is to be prepared for when the card arrives. I have never flashed a VBIOS before so I will take all the help and advise I can get.

Edited by RickIsCool
kept making mistakes, its good now

Not on a Dell System,only the GPU.

You want use the Card in a MSi,then You must modify theDriver INF or flash the MSI Vbios for this Card.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By learnfromit
      alienware 15 r2 970m with i7-6700hq vbios request so i can overclock and mess with voltage.

BIOS version backup made with techpowerup GPU-z.

GM204.rom

or can someone re direct me to one already made that will work? all links i find are dead, thanks.

• By jasonmerc
      Hey everyone!  After lots of searching it looks like this is the go-to place for laptop mods online, so I figured this would be the best place to ask something like this.

I picked up a Dell E6530 for basically scrap value, and I love the thing.  Runs Xubuntu great, battery is halfway decent, and I can play 99% of the games I own on it.  My friend on the other hand picked up an E6440 with its silver-ish finish along the back.  As much as I love my 6530 I've gotta say, that thing looks great.

To get to the point now, I was wondering if it's possible for me to polish the top of the lid on my 6530 to have a more silver finish like that (or maybe even a mirror finish if I sand it down with a fine enough grit).  Really what I want to know is if the dark grey part of the lid is actually metal.  I can't seem to get a definitive answer online, and I tried the magnet test on it and it wasn't magnetic at all.  This doesn't necessarily mean it's not metal though, as aluminum isn't magnetic but is obviously a sandable/polishable metal.  One source said the laptop has anodized aluminum parts on it, but they didn't specify whether it was something internal or external.

Can anyone here provide me some insight?  If the grey part is definitely a metal and not a plastic, I think I'm gonna give it a try.  As stated before I got this thing for scrap value, so if in the end it doesn't work out I'm not gonna cry over it or anything.  Still though, I'd rather not run into this blind.  If this is indeed possible though and I can accomplish what I want with a decent looking result, I'll post up some pictures with the method I used for others to do as well.

Thanks in advance!
    • By Geoyoc
      Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5555 with BIOS A12 and I am missing some options in the advance menu. The BIOS seems to be shared between the 5455 and the 5755, if it helps. Can anyone help me figure a way to have all the options in the BIOS available?
      I have attached the results archive from the backup tool, if it helps
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/x0hfsb
      Thanks in advance!
    • By BAKED
      Hey y'all! I'm planning on releasing BIOS mods for the newer MSI laptops.
      So I'm looking for some testers to evaluate my mods and give input.
      If you're interested just PM me and we'll take it from there 
    • By BAKED
      There are several threads on requesting BIOS modifications here on T | I but I thought another one wouldn't hurt.

Your request should look like:
      Brand Model Type of modification(For example: Unlocked, added support, Logo, microcode, ME firmware etc  
      I'll respond as soon as I have time as I'm also currently working on other projects(Requests by PM is also ok)
      If anyone else have the knowledge and time feel free to respond to requests 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.