TES V: Skyrim - Discussion

Brian

I agree i love Skyrim. Now that AMD should work I will reload it and look at it in all it glory.

Sent from my Paranoid Samsung Galaxy S3 on Sprint using Tapatalk 2 Jelly Bean flavor included

I have been messing with skyrim creation kit and using alot of mods from NEXUS to improve the gameplay, textures, sounds, houses,etc. What I mostly do in creation kit are simple scripting and adding in new textures that I made in photoshop (Have to convert the image format first thou)

I see interesting. That has added a lot of size to your install. Sounds like you added quite a bit to the world of Skyrim. Care to post some screens or vids of some of your work... Its sounds really nice.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was the case in France. Dragonborn landed at 8pm the 5th of february. It's terrific to see how a game ca be addictive. I try it one hour yesterday "just to see..." and today i've played 3h.... Even if the Solstheim island semm to be small, there is many new places and new NPC. The story seem interesting too. I hope to not finishing it too quickly.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if the load order for mods is stored in a file or something so that it would be possible to easily transfer the same load order to a different computer/installation of skyrim? I've had to reinstall skyrim a couple of times and it's a pain to have to manually change the load order for 70+ mods.

• 3 weeks later...

It's stored at <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 1px 5px; border: 0px; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, serif; line-height: 19px;">%localappdata%\Skyrim\plugins.txt</code> (can be run from 'Start' > 'Run') or <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 1px 5px; border: 0px; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, serif; line-height: 19px;">C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Skyrim\plugins.txt</code>. You can backup and restore that if you want.

It's better to just use BOSS to take care of the mods' load order. BOSS has a database of mods and their proper load order, and can automatically decide optimal load order of mods, provided they are listed in that database. You can find Boss on the Skyrim Nexus Mods website.

Never been over 15gb for me that's insanity care to share what kind of mods these are?

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

I used some mods like SMIM and gameplay balances. In addition, I did some texture work for the terrain and places like solitude.[texture sizes was 16k and they take a long time to load] and making some Companions using creation kit.

A lot of updates till 13,if I'm correct appeared...many improvments since the game release...so it's a bit of free bugs now...

I like the wide world feeling...you can do anything you want whenever you want :))

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game is absolutely amazing, but there is one thing that ruined the whole experience for me and that is the fact that the npc's got very easy to beat after you turn level 30 from then on in gets just pointless to play...

• 3 weeks later...
Still have yet to play Skyrim but IVe heard nothing but good stuff about it, esp the custom roms made my people for it.

This game - with mods through the nexus mod manager - immediately becomes a next-gen game. It's incredible! I've started it up again recently and the game's so huge I get lost constantly. (Download a custom ENB for incredible results)

• 3 weeks later...

ENB's are great, get a look for those, modify the shaders for better overall look. Otherwise, things like vegetation/tree model mods, good water mod, and a general texture mod are great. Check the skyrim nexus and the steam workshop (look under top rated for the goodies!).