TES V: Skyrim - Discussion

Brian

The two settings that could potentially disable shadows are:

fShadowBiasScale=1.0000

iShadowMaskQuarter=0

I found these to reduce shadow flickering, but they might have caused problems for you guys. They have no impact on performance though.

The default values(high) are:

fShadowBiasScale=0.2500

iShadowMaskQuarter=4

picked it up finally its so beautiful... but the shadows are so ugly lol even at 4096 res which seems to be max shadows in config launcher. actually i checked and bias scale is .15 default for me or wait i set to ultra and maxed all sliders maybe thats why .15 for me? shadows also set to max in config launcher.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Founder

The game is really addicting... I started it on the master level but soon lowered to expert. Very challenging and very time consuming. What I don't like so far is some random crashes that happen quiet often and therefore I have to press quick save very frequently just in case...

Level 34 for the time being... Trying to finish the misc first before I proceed with the main story.

The FXAA Injector mod really makes the game look beautiful. You can mess around with the saturation and sharpness to make the game look very colourful and Witcher2-esque. Definitely recommend that you guys check it out.

The 4GB RAM patch also did wonders for me in preventing frequent crashes. I still quick save often out of habit though. ;)

on amd 6970m the injector causes mine to crash to desktop. Also the 4gb patch did help me whenever i had graphics set really high.... especially view distance and raising the amount of trees and foliage rendered... always test each add on like the FXAA injector individually to see if they are stable. Could of been a driver issue i don't have system to try latest drivers as of yet.

• Founder

Man Skyrim runs GREAT with 580M SLi. I got the details cranked to the max + FXAA + 2xAA and it usually gets 42-100+ fps. Here's what it looks like-

post-5-1449499215808_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992158766_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992159419_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992160178_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992160971_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992161596_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992162211_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992162884_thumb.jpg

post-5-1449499216381_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992164517_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992165423_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992166199_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992167407_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992168565_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992169293_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992170044_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992170703_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992171564_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992204169_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992204343_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
So Brian did you get casting and attacking working properly?

Hey marc, yep figured it out. If you click twice on a spell it switches between L/LR which I didn't know about until just messing with it more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founder

After installing the 12.1 beta drivers from AMD I experience flickering during loading and during the game. If I disable Crossfire everything is fine. Have you found a solution for this yet? Is there any kind of profile or game configuration that could possibly solve this problem?

• Founder
After installing the 12.1 beta drivers from AMD I experience flickering during loading and during the game. If I disable Crossfire everything is fine. Have you found a solution for this yet? Is there any kind of profile or game configuration that could possibly solve this problem?

Yeah the solution is to ditch your 5870s and get a 580M. :smiley_simmons::77:

try Radeon Pro and go through the crossfire methods... eg Scissor and others..... i had issue like that on need for speed shift... that helped it some...

• 6 months later...

@Gearsguy Thanks for the graphics settings for M14x. I bought Skyrim Collector's Edition last holiday season and it's just been sitting in my closet while I saved up money to get a new high powered desktop. Seeing these results are possible on my M14x makes me want to skip the desktop and start playing right now!

Hi chaps,

For everyone wanting to play the game with a gamepad, but not having a xbox360 controller (why did they do this :( :( ), I found a solution a little while ago:

Just follow the instructions on this site: Logitech Rumblepad 2, Dual Action Game Pad: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The tool emulates the xbos 360 controller and you can play it on any gamepad (in my case: a logitech rumblepad 2 wired)

• 3 weeks later...

@ StamatixS I have heard of various fixes involving combinations of disabling AA Dof and running skyrim under the default crossfire profile rather then the tesv one, these solutions may or may not help you. (I have had inconsistent results myself)

• Founder
@ StamatixS I have heard of various fixes involving combinations of disabling AA Dof and running skyrim under the default crossfire profile rather then the tesv one, these solutions may or may not help you. (I have had inconsistent results myself)

Yeah... Tried them all, the latest drivers from AMD fixed all issues for me though

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2