TES V: Skyrim - Discussion

Brian

I bought Skyrim:Legendary edition during the steam summer sales and now I'm pretty deep into it, it's a very good game and with some ENB mods it becomes incredibly good looking

i seem to be lucky, i have managed to heap over 200 different (and probably conflicting) mods including mesh altering texture replacing and game tweaking mods like no tomorrow and an enb preset and it still runs. without save corruptions and crashes are a thing of the past... anyone else manage this?

I really like the Falskaar mod. It's extremely impressive and adds a lot of new stuff for Skyrim. Although personally I don't have a lot of mods; I usually start a new game if I get bored and try to do different things every single time, like different race, skills, different quests, etc. I tend to find a lot more things that way than continuing the same game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What is your top 3 recommended mods ?? must have mods ???

For some more content mods, I woud say

JaySUS swords (adds a lot of new weapon designs for variety)

Falskaar (is basically an expansion pack. No, seriously. It's even almost completely VO'd)

and some amount of Immersion mods. I've got Immersive animals, patrols, armors, and weaponry (all in separate mods).

I'm assuming you have the basics like SkyUI and the unofficial patches and the like.

For anyone new to the modding scene,

Best Overall Modding Guide: S.T.E.P. (STEP:2.2.9)

So that you can get your feet wet and start to really understand the idea of a complete mod setup. It is a lot easier to diverge and change things once you have a solid stable base. STEP is a WIP and stays reasonably up to date. Follow this TO THE LETTER. They know what they are talking about.

Best Mod Management Utility: Mod Organizer

You have a 100% chance of messing up at some point during your mod process. This is the only mod utility that uses a virtual data folder so that files are not physically written over. If you make a mistake, you can easily disable and fix problems. Watch this youtube playlist by Gopher:

Start watching youtube videos. There are so many mods out there that it becomes incredibly difficult to work out which ones you want to use. Start with a solid base and then take it in the direction you want. Check out loverslab for all your sexy skyrim needs. Go to Gopher's channel and watch his playlist "Skyrim Mod Santuary." He is the best of the best.

Take it easy with texture sizes. You can always install multiple sizes into mod organizer and enable the 4k or 2k textures later on when you know your system can handle it. It sucks to spend over 10 hours installing mods to find out you are only getting 10 fps.

Good Luck and Good Reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggested downloads! Definitely trying out the Falskaar. Moonpath to Elsweyr seems a little too far-fetched, but we'll see.

I still need to finish the DLC before trying to add any of those though haha. I can honestly say this game justifies it's cost many times over!

Thanks for the suggested downloads! Definitely trying out the Falskaar. Moonpath to Elsweyr seems a little too far-fetched, but we'll see.

I still need to finish the DLC before trying to add any of those though haha. I can honestly say this game justifies it's cost many times over!

Faalskar problem is way too much space with no monsters or npcs or buildings , but it is good anyways.

AW 18 with 4900MQ and 780M SLI (all stock), runs the vanilla game almost fine at Ultra (engine stuttering), but I play it with a lot of mods to make it look very flash, and as a result, this game modded up makes my cards work harder than any other game I've tried so far, except Watch_Dogs.

• 5 months later...

Modded Skyrim is by far my most favorite game. I mean, kyrim in itself is pretty awesome, but when you add in certain mods (ENBs, texture packs, Civil War Overhaul) it just completely transforms it into something I've always dreamed of, a game that fits all of my preferences. Some people can bash it all they want, I'll never get tired of this game.

• 2 weeks later...
Modded Skyrim is by far my most favorite game. I mean, kyrim in itself is pretty awesome, but when you add in certain mods (ENBs, texture packs, Civil War Overhaul) it just completely transforms it into something I've always dreamed of, a game that fits all of my preferences. Some people can bash it all they want, I'll never get tired of this game.

Modded Skyrim is a masterpiece, like all the modded Bethesda RPGs. I particularly have a fondness for modded Morrowind myself. The fact that their are molders out their working on brings the other provinces to Morrowind is exciting. Not only that, but unlike Skyrim, all the additional provinces in Morrowind share the same world space. So eventually you'll be able to walk from Balmora, to Mournhold, to the Imperial City, to Whiterun, to Solitude if you wanted to. That's crazy, and awe inspiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Would you guys know how texture mods will effect my framerates? I have enb, but even if I turn it off, I only get 45fps max when i'm outdoors. I have realvision installed and used only some of the recommended texture mods. I've installed a lot but I have no idea which one's dumping down my fps. I remember playing Skyrim full graphics at 60fps when I don't have any mods installed.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

to me, skyrim is still my favorite game in open world rpg category, because it has so many amazing mods you can add to the game that other games don't have, e.g. character customization mods, gameplay overhauls, texture mods, and enbs and etc.

my m18x r2 with 680m (2gb version) sli overclocked to 950/1024 still struggles to run it very smoothly with all the mods and enb I throw at it, I won't how the game performs with gtx 980m sli with heavy modded skyrim with 2k-4k textures mods and enb?

Would you guys know how texture mods will effect my framerates? I have enb, but even if I turn it off, I only get 45fps max when i'm outdoors. I have realvision installed and used only some of the recommended texture mods. I've installed a lot but I have no idea which one's dumping down my fps. I remember playing Skyrim full graphics at 60fps when I don't have any mods installed.

Any suggestions?

Texture packs may put more demand on the GPU and CPU. This is because they will often have higher detail textures which would be more difficult to render. Your best bet would be trying to eke out more performance with your current setup with a mild overclock if you haven't already. Otherwise you would have to deal with stock textures most likely to get the smoothest frame rates.