Only 48fps with Gtx 970 on Internal Screen, help!

EgT

Hi everyone, I've made this post to gather as much information of the problem I'm facing with my Gtx 970 egpu setup, so if anyone is suffering something similar it would be really helpful if you could share your setup too.

My Lenovo y510p Setup:

Cpu: intel i7-4700MQ

8gb of ram

Windows 8.1

Bplus PE4C v3.0 adapter mPCIe

Gpu: MSI Gtx 970 (4gd5 oc)

Evga 500 power supply

My setup is working find without errors but whats bothering me is that when I'm using Internal Screen to play my fps won't go beyond 48-49fps no matter how old the game is DX9, DX10-11.

I've tried to lower graphic settings, resolution, disable full-screen on all the games and but still stuck at 48fps. I know I should get lower performance because of internal screen but fps shouldn't be limited to 48?

What I've tried but non helped :

Installing different drivers.

Overcloking gpu.

Changing nvidia global settings, like vsync, etc..

Share Your experience if you have similar behavior on your egpu.

Edit. Found Someone http://www.owen-lu.com/egpu/ with same behavior with gtx970 but using ExpressCard connection.

Screenshot (371).png

Edited by EgT
Added link to a similar behavior, and a screenshot

Is that value close to the refresh rate of your display? Like 49-50Hz?

My laptop screen has a 60hz refresh rate, and vsync won't help at all.

PD. I think it has to be something with my gpu, gtx 970.

Are you saying that you're using an Optimus setup that only has the internal screen, and that it's limited to 48FPS,

or are you saying that you have an external screen, but are rendering to the internal screen while capped to 48FPS?

1 hour ago, illeatmyhat said:

Are you saying that you're using an Optimus setup that only has the internal screen, and that it's limited to 48FPS,

or are you saying that you have an external screen, but are rendering to the internal screen while capped to 48FPS?

Yeah optimus but not reaching more than 48fps

• 2 weeks later...

1. is it limited on an external monitor?

2. have a game running in the background on the internal screen and then load up GPU-Z. Go to the sensors tab and look at the performance cap graph. Does that show any thing bottlenecking the performance?

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2016 at 8:41 AM, utopian201 said:

1. is it limited on an external monitor?

2. have a game running in the background on the internal screen and then load up GPU-Z. Go to the sensors tab and look at the performance cap graph. Does that show any thing bottlenecking the performance?

1. No, it's unlimited. Just on internal has the limit.

VREL.gif

after I closed the game.

util.gif

Edited by EgT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Did you manage to solve it?? I'm having the same issue, following setup:

Cpu: intel i7-3630QM

Ram: 16GB

EXP-GDC PCIe to ExpressCard 2.0

Gpu: EVGA Gtx 970 FTW

PSU: Corsair VS350

Windows 10

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.