ID Mismatch while attempting to flash 970M

Spellbound

I have finally gotten around to flashing my 970M in my DM-G and upon attempting to flash I got a ID Mismatch error.

Is this a common error? I aborted the flash at this time and wish to hear from people with experience in this or @Prema himself if possible.

I have double checked with maxwell bios tweaker that the ID's match and they do, however I get this error when attempting to flash.

I will halt on the flashing until I hear back on this issue, thanks in advance :)

I don't know what you are trying to flash, but if it's my untouched vBIOS and its bundled flasher then just go ahead as it can't flash the wrong version (the only mismatch it allows is the motherboard the card is used in).

Hi @Prema yes it is your vBIOS. I should have mentioned that.

So this mismatch is nothing to be alarmed by, thanks!

I have sent you a PM regarding my system also. I'm sure you're probably flooded with messages on the daily so I hope to hear back from you in the near future. :P

1 minute ago, Spellbound said:

Hi @Prema yes it is your vBIOS. I should have mentioned that.

So this mismatch is nothing to be alarmed by, thanks!

I have sent you a PM regarding my system also. I'm sure you're probably flooded with messages on the daily so I hope to hear back from you in the near future. :P

There are g-sync panels with 60Hz and 75Hz, here the list:

This is regulated by the screens EDID, not the BIOS.

Just now, Prema said:

There are g-sync panels with 60Hz and 75Hz, here the list:

This is regulated by the screens EDID, not the BIOS.

Hmm. I have the SPD1 at 60Hz. So in order to have a native 75Hz the EDID would need to be flashed?

Well thank you so much for your help. It sucks that I don't have the native 75Hz like many other vendors offer,

Is there a benefit to having a panel with a modified EDID vs using a custom resolution to OC a panel?

5 minutes ago, Prema said:

As long as g-sync works and you don't get any flicker, no problem.

I have noticed longer alt+tab times in CSGO but not in any other game I've played. As well as artifacts while loading this game on occasion.

Though this game refuses to gsync to 75Hz when OC'd and sits at 60 FPS. I am unsure of the cause of the delay or why it refuses to sync properly.

Thank you so much for your help, and continued help on this thread. The flash was successful and I am sure over the next few days much tweaking of clocks will occur.

As a thank you I have donated to you.

The maximum voltage is the stock voltage for the same chip on desktop cards, so whatever you can keep cool (<90c) and stable is OK for everyday use.