Experience: GTX760 vs 970 Boot success

So. After two weeks playing with an EVGA GTX970 SSC, I've decided to give up and take it back, and will continue to use my old EVGA GTX 760. Why?...

The 760 works 99.9% of the time (Windows 8.1) with no fiddling around, no special boot process, no hot plug+ restart. I just plug in the cable, turn on the computer and play.

The 970, when it works- is awesome, but I was only able to get it to boot 4 times, by wasting a lot of time, trying to boot, rebooting, deleting drivers, installing drivers and it was just a headache. I spent two weeks trying to figure out how to get a stable, reliable boot process but it's just not happening. Windows 8.1 failed as much as Win10 when trying to boot, whereas the 760 boots into 8.1 every time..

This was done on a 2015 rMBP 13" with iris 6100 iGPU. It's somewhat disappointing, but I guess I'll get a 1070 when they're available, and if booting then is still unreliable I'll just build a desktop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk