Expert Assistance Required for an old amateur

Hi All, I have an Alienware M18x R2. I absolutely adore this box and brought the top config 3940XM CPU, 32GB and 2 GTX680M in SLI, I have purchased 2 GTX970 to upgrade the GPU's. I need some help please as I was thinking it would be a case of uninstalling drivers, opening up chassis, replacing cards etc and then blast and boom. Oh how little did I know!

Can someone please give me a few pointers on modding drivers please. I am fairly competent I think.

I am running Win10 64bit with no probs.

Looking forward to adult supervision.

Thanks all for your help

• 2 months later...

For the modified drivers go here

Look for this post

Grv278Z.png

Download  nv_dispi.inf_v368.25_Win10_PEG_Dedicated.zip

This works the the newest driver as well. (Although the newest isn't always the best)

• Simply download the driver from nvidia (ATTEMPT to install it... it will Fail)
  • ^This will exact all the files to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\368.XX
  • put the nv_dispi.inf in C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\368.XX\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64\International\Display.Driver\ (Overwrite "YES")
  • Disable Driver Signature Enforcement....Log off, then in the bottom right hand corner hold shift and then right click the power button. select restart This should enter recovery mode

OR! and alternative way...

1. Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
  2. Click Update and Security.
  3. Click on Recovery.
  4. Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
  5. Click Troubleshoot.
  6. Click Advanced options.
  7. Click Startup Settings.
  8. Click on Restart.
  9. On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

Now Run this file... C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\368.81\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64\International\Setup.exe

Only install

• Display Driver
  • Audio Driver
  • PhysX

Here is a visual guide to Disabling Driver Signing Enforcement

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/