Problem with GTX 460m

sincera2601

I got a GTX 460m MXM 3.0 type B on eBay. I successfully install the card into my laptop. It completely fit my laptop. I put everything back and turn on the laptop, it shut down in 3 seconds, I can't even see the screen with alienhead. When I put the GT 240m back, it works normally. I am thinking about the old driver, so I delete the old driver for gt 240m and then install the card again, still the same issue? Any one has suggestion for me? This is the link eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices that I got the card from eBay. Really need help! Thanks!

• Founder

Hi, Welcome to T|I. If your system is shutting down after upgrading the video card, its possible the card was not properly seated. As widezu69 mentioned, be sure to update your M15x to the latest system bios and then attempt to try the 460M again. If that fails, there's a chance the card itself is no good.

• 2 weeks later...