Medion Erazer X6819 / GT 683 CPU Upgrade Options

Booomstick

Hi,

Looking for advice,  on a few points.....

Just upgraded my Medion Erazer X6819 (MS16F2) - MS GT683 graphics from a GTX 570m 1.5gb to a GTX970m 6gb

all seems ok apart from my Drivers are on 353.54 - tried removing and updating but just returns to this driver version

But what i really need advice on is my CPU upgrade - i currently have an i7 2670QM @ 2.2Ghz G2 socket

I have been looking at either 3940XM or 3840QM - not sure if these would fit and work ok or if there would be a better option - they seem to have the same socket - so i'm wondering what advice you could give me and what i might possibly need 

Thanks

Mako

Thanks mate, i'll have a look at this a little more, seems like a pretty good performance jump on the 2860QM and not far behind the ones i looked at. The ram upgrade will also give me a decent boost so i think a bit more research and i'll be ready to go

You can find a 2920XM CPU at pretty decent prices nowadays, upgrading your RAM won't really make any noticable difference unless your current RAM is very slow. 

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
On 1/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, arquillos said:

Sorry for the little reply :(

Upgrading the default CPU to the i7-2860Qm is just a matter of CPU replacement ant thermal compund? It doesn´t need to flash the unlocked BIOS?

Thank you in advance!

Hi there, maybe my answer is late, but...
No, there is no need to unlock BIOS, but it will be good if you update it from MSI official site to last version.
You still can use stock CPU heatsink.
For thermal compound i will advice you MX-4 or Noctua NT-H1