rMBP medio 14 - akitio TB2 - gtx 750ti - strange behavior

sipman

Hey guys.

I've been testing my eGPU setup for about a year now - and it works, but it is almost unusable, do to some very strange small issues.

First off i had a problem, which might be in relation to my "real problem" so therefore i am mentioning it, for a long time that my gpu just crashed - after reading on this forum I tried to remove  the power for the Akitio fan and that seem to have fixed the crashes.

But my real problem is kinda weird - so everything works great - in every benchmark i get a significant better score with the eGPU.

But it dosen't feel like it when i use it - my games "glitch out" when i use the eGPU, they lag significant more - and simple text rendering is lagging to.

ex. scrolling through af webpage is a nightmare with the eGPU - everything kinda "blinks" doing the scrolling - also in sublime text (a IDE for coding) scrolling through only 200 lines of codes is "lagging" beyond what is bearable.

I would like to upload an video of this behavior if anyone thinks that is necessary ?

Hope some one can help me out with an ideer or two ?

Regards,

Sip