[vBIOS - MODS] MSI - Prema Mod™

Hi all, I was reading for a couple of time about the overcloking of the NVIDIA GTX 900M series cards and I would like to have the opportunity to do that too, but I need some help.

A lot of forums talks about Prema Mods for nvidia modding to get the opportunity to OC them, so I came here to find support to do that.

I have a MSI laptop (GE62 2QF), all drivers up to date, vbios and bios (original), the graphic card of this pc is 'NVIDIA GeForfoce GTX 970M 3GB'.

When I go to Prema's website I can't find any MSI laptop BIOSes, only for alienware and two more brands and I don't know if these BIOS files are compatibles with my laptop or GPU.

I uploaded two screenshots on this reply, one about nvidia inspector and the other of gpu-z software with, I think, the regarding information than any of you could need.

Thank you ;)

1.JPG

2.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2016 at 6:48 AM, iTzZent said:

thats wrong... he can flash this one, than he don´t need modified drivers. i´ve used also a Clevo GTX970M 6GB with this vBIOS from Prema in a GT70 (MS-1763)

You are correct. Now I understand the instructions in the OP. "These vBIOS are only for the use of GTX9xxM in MSI GT60 & GT70 and NOT compatible with other models".

When I read the warning originally, I thought it meant that this vbios was for the MSI 970M that came in the GT60/70, not for an upgraded Clevo card.

Regardless, the vbios worked and I now have PNP driver capability and optimus works. UN-BE-LEIVABLE. So many sleepless nights trying to get this all to work in windows 7, now windows 10 and all it took was this vbios.

Thank you, so very much.

Edited by saml01

However, the both vBIOS versions are only for the Non-Gsync graphics cards...

Unfortunately, G-Sync cards pose problems with the GT60 / GT70, I speak there from experiences, because I use a Clevo GTX980M 8 GB G-Sync in my GT70 and get there no MSI vBIOS scuffle... Optimus does not function and the card is also not recognised by the system, is also functioned thus no Steelseries engine.

I am experiencing an interesting issue.

I am spontaneously getting a Video_TDR_Failure on NVLDDMKM.SYS BSOD.  I could be browsing the web or just messing around in the OS and the OS will notify me that the kernel mode driver has stopped but has recovered and then BSOD and reboot. Happens completely at random. I already re-installed windows 10 and installed the latest driver. Optimus is working, everything is normal.

I have a feeling it only happens when the webcam is enabled. If the webcam is disabled, it seems to never occur. Not sure what one has to do with the other.

Any ideas?

Edited by saml01

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What about GFX 960M for this model? I'm extremelly interested in UEFI support, as it seems the DisplayPort is connected to Nvidia.

Sorry for the long paste, I want to make sure all needed info is available the first time to make things easier :)

BIOS and VBIOS is easy to locate here. I can't upload them because file size limit in the forums :(

b]Computer specifications:[/b]

* Model:                               GE62 2QD(Apache Pro)-406XES-BB7570H8G1T0SX

* System Manufacturer:                 Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
* System Product:                  GE62 2QD
* Motherboard:                         MSI MegaBook GE62 (MS-16J2)
** Chipset:                                   Intel Lynx Point HM87, Intel Broadwell-H
* BIOS:
** Vendor:                                    American Megatrends Inc.
** Version:                                   E16J2IMS.119
** Date:                                      07/05/2016
** TXT:                                       Supported
** VT-d:                                      Supported
** VT-x:                                      Supported
* EC Version:                         16J2EMS 1.508
* CPU:                                 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz
** VT-x:                                      Supported, Enabled
** TXT:                                       Not Supported

* Memory:                              8 GB @ 800 MHz: 8192 MB, DDR3-1600, Kingston MSI16D3LS1MNG/8G  
* Monitor:                             Samsung 156HL01-102  [15.6" LCD]
* Audio Adapter:                       Realtek ALC892 @ Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-2]
* dGPU:                                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, 2048 MB
** VBIOS Version:                             82.07.7c.00.28,2097152
* iGPU:                                Intel(R) HD Graphics 5600, 1024 MB
* Drive                                HDD, HGST HTS721010A9E630,  931,51 GB (1 TB, 7200 RPM, SATA-III)
* Network:
* Ethernet:                                   Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Qualcomm Atheros AR8161?)
* Wireless:                                   Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

Intel vPro Properties
* ME Firmware Version:                 9.1.26.1006
* PCH PCI:
** Bus:                                       0
** Device:                                    31
** Function:                                  0
** Device ID:                                 8086-8C4B
* Wired NIC PCI:
** Bus:                                       8
** Device:                                    25
** Function:                                  0
** Device ID:                                 8086-FFFF
* AMT:                                 Not Supported
* Anti-Theft:                          Supported, Disabled
* Anti-Theft PBA for Recovery:         Supported
* Anti-Theft WWAN:                            Not Supported
* KVM:                                        Supported
* Local Wakeup Timer:                         Not Supported
* Management Engine:                          Disabled
* Small Business Advantage:                   Not Supported
* Standard Manageability:                     Not Supported

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/4/2016 at 0:38 PM, Prema said:

Prema Mod™ vBIOS for MSI GPUs!

• P'n'P driver support
  • Power throttle disabled for good
  • Over-voltage slider enabled and adjusted (up to a maximum of 1.2v)
  • Activated and adjusted thermal slider (to keep it cooler if desired)
  • Core overclock slider raised
  • Fixed 3D voltage base-line in order to stabilize OCs (based on average ASIC)
  • Thermal protection @ 92c (once*91c are breached the system throttles volts and clocks in order to protect it)
  • Protection against Furmark and Kombustor GPU burnout (AVOID those software even with stock vBIOS)!

Hello Prema.

I registered on this site after some years of unconditional follow. I think what you're doing to the tech community is invaluable. I don't know of anyone else who's made such a good reputation only by doing, instead of talking. Incredible.

I have little-to-no-money usually therefore I can upgrade my laptop once every 5 years, at least. SO, once I can finally upgrade, I like to take care & make out the maximum (reliability and optimization)  mainly with the concern of a long life.

I have little abilities with solder and reflow, so usually I can even recover unfunctional laptops and avoid buying a new one.

So what? I wanted to send you a PM, but I couldn't send it to you. So what again?

Eh. Finally during this 2017 I hope I'll be able to buy a new one.

Seeing in the years what you made possible on the Clevo barebones I would definitely buy one, but the production of small factor jam packed machines in 2017 seems to be disappointing.

I mean things like thundebolt 3 enabled machines within the 14" frame, Kaby lake HQ, GTX 1060. That's the best I can think of under future-proof ability. But this has nothing to do with your invaluable work. Your work comes in the update of the code BIOS code, making the machines run great.

I understand your scoop is in the Clevo, not MSI and not Asus. With those, you provide only upgraded GPU microcode.

Buying a MSI I would only satisfy the right-now available state of the art. Buying Clevo I could hope in a longer support, given I would reward you for the excellent work. I see you're partnering with some resellers, providing optimized BIOSes (and I see as well you had problems with some nasty liers, which is against all kind of considerations about karma and similar...) but again, no hope for a 14" TB3 7700HQ GTX1060 little monster by Clevo with all your magic plugged on, in 2017.

So, what do you advice?

I wouldn't trust MSI. It's all maketing, average build quality and lack of your support.

CLEVOs are very well built, no fuzz, no 16millions colors backlights, no marketing, and your mindblowing support for OSX, too! (by memory: OC, UV, iGPU update, dGPU update, PCI update, HT on off, dGPU on off, vPro, VTx, hidden options and what not!)

But they won't make the right one for me.

Once I spend 2000 something drops of my sweat-blood, I only hope for me and my peers to have your work beneath it. The beast HAVE to run with me for ages, and I trust no one like you.

Please, shed some light. Meanwhile, I'll keep on earning and deserving cake.

Ah, I know, this is very long. Could be shorter, but surely less warm-hearted as well. And yes, there are private messages, but apparently you cannot receive any. And yes, I'm a person. I like to stand to my actions. And lastly, I hope this sign of consideration toward you can be subscribed by others as well, so I hope not too much bother.

I wonder if you make a life out of it. Dunno, but you clearly should. You deserve all you desire. Rare nowadays to find someone that's dedicated and competent. So, I hope you're building your happiness.

Sorry again for the papyrus. Take care & keep up the good work. There's a huge bunch of people that believe in your talent.

13435530_10153906318158375_2676649092146108609_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic