EGPU issues on Acer Laptop

Jack1369

Hello, 

Sorry is this is the wrong section I am new here

Before I start I am connecting though my old wifi card slot. A  PCI Mini

I recently brought a Nvidia GTX 950 along with a EXP GDC GPU dock (Latest Version) and a 550w power supply plugged into the 6pin slot on the dock.

I have had some issues with the setup, I have everything powered however, when I boot i get a black screen with some back light on my screen on the laptop and nothing happens. The monitor that is connected to the GPU has no signal. I have tried hot swapping straight after when the bios finished loading and the fan just spins really fast like a blow dryer. Also if I plug it in while windows is on nothing happens nor is the GPU detected. If i remove the GPU and the dock is left plug in it will boot up. I am currently running a fresh install of windows 7 with my Intel graphics drivers installed and my 840m is UNINSTALLED. Any solutions to making this GPU work? I tried the delay switch but i had no luck with it. Still gets stuck on a black screen.

Specs:

I5-4210U + Intergrated graphics

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Nvidia GT 840M (Uninstalled)

Bios version 1.32 Z5WAH

8gb RAM

Laptop model:

ACER V3-572G

Any help would be fantastic :(

Thanks for your time

P.S Can anyone tell my why some of the words I write hyperlink to ebay?

Edited by Jack1369

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.