Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
gerald

Y510p Ultrabay Graphics card

On 8/7/2019 at 7:58 PM, Swung Huang said:

Some other pics

Picture1.jpg

Picture1.jpg

Im Interested in buying one of these once you have it figured out and ready to sell. Is there going to be a version with a cable to place the GPU behind the laptop or off to the side?

Hi!

I want to buy one Ultrabay-to-eGPU Adapter for my Lenovo Y510p laptop.  Anyone can help with this? 
Can pay via PayPal.

Have any new units shipped yet?

Is it up on eBay yet? I got a y510p with the GT755M ultrabay SLI, don't care what it looks like or how it sits just want the best egpu solution for my laptop that works with the internal screen.

Ready to buy ASAP! 

Edited by Stonecastle

On 7/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, Swung Huang said:

Hi everyone.

I think I have successfully set up a paypal account.

My paypal link is: paypal.me/swung0x48

Btw, I'd like to adjust my pricing.

The board itself is $90

The case with random color is $27

and for another $8------That's $35 for a chosen color.

Shipping to US is $40,

So if you are in US just pay me by paypal.

$157-----for BA with random color (BA for Board+case)

$165-----for BA with chosen color

$130-----for B (B for bare board, i.e. without case)

Once I received your payment, I will make your required items and ship as soon as possible. The shipping info will be filled in the paypal payment.

When I sent your parcel, you can track it here. https://intl.sf-express.com/query/toOrderQuery.do

If you are living in a country other than US, pay me $1(check paypal availability) and add a note to let me know your shipping info(address, zip/postal code, etc.) so that I can figure out how much I'll pay for your shipment and other fees related.

Also, the cabled version is still alive.

hm, so anyone successful to run internal screen on AMD with ultrabay adapter? Is custom bios needed for that or not ? which amd card did you use for that ?

On 8/27/2019 at 4:51 PM, Kpyto said:

Hi!

I want to buy one Ultrabay-to-eGPU Adapter for my Lenovo Y510p laptop.  Anyone can help with this? 
Can pay via PayPal.

Yes. Still available

Now the new integrated version is available. The SATA and Ultrabay that connects eGPU is now on a single board. Also, a chip is integrated on the board to handle SMBUS signals so that BIOS modification is not needed for the new board.

Plz note the new board is not compatible with the old 3D printed case.

AD1CA21C-28D0-4292-8B11-CCBBF0534690.jpeg

DEA07811-4661-4BEB-8460-A819A0054642.jpeg

3BC2B1EE-F53C-4EFC-857D-7D610EF89355.jpeg

53B5AEB3-9169-4A65-9395-2B47D7E1BEF5.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Would it be possible to connect a 3.5 HDD instead of the 2.5 and power it off the same PSU that will power the GPU?

@Swung Huang Hey man, whats the price of your final model including shipping? and are you still accepting orders? 
Btw I just have newbie question what difference does this make instead of using EXP GDC with Mini PCI-E? is it data lanes?

3 minutes ago, Drozof said:

Would it be possible to connect a 3.5 HDD instead of the 2.5 and power it off the same PSU that will power the GPU?

It will definitely work. No problem.

Just now, bossfox said:

@Swung Huang Hey man, whats the price of your final model including shipping? and are you still accepting orders? 
Btw I just have newbie question what difference does this make instead of using EXP GDC with Mini PCI-E? is it data lanes?

The shipping cost varies so I can't tell you exactly the price. As far as I could tell is it's about $200. 

Yes. What makes it different is the data lines: it has x8 instead of x1. And x8 is enough for most of the graphics cards.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:39 PM, Swung Huang said:

It will definitely work. No problem.

Would I need cables? or it could fit below the board?

2 hours ago, Drozof said:

You need cables for connecting HDD to PSU and some kind of adapter to connect to the slim SATA

14 hours ago, Drozof said:

11 hours ago, Swung Huang said:

You need cables for connecting HDD to PSU and some kind of adapter to connect to the slim SATA

You can connect both desktop or a laptop HDD to a "slim SATA" port only the power delivery changes.

A SATA HDD has 2 connectors, 1 for DATA and 1 for power. The DATA port is standard i.e., uses same cable for all SATA hard disks. Below is an example of DATA port of laptop and desktop HDD:

image.thumb.png.7688c3c3885171d627a2d7c71e0f85f8.png

Only the power port changes. For example, Slim SATA has a different power connector, laptop HDD has a different power connector, desktop HDD has a different power connector etc.

tl;dr You can use any standard SATA cable for data transfer.

Hey guys,anybody tried to test these egpu's with gtx 1070ti or 1660ti? is i7 4700MQ bottleneck them ?

1 hour ago, wastelander said:

Hey guys,anybody tried to test these egpu's with gtx 1070ti or 1660ti? is i7 4700MQ bottleneck them ?

Depends on the game and the fps target. for 60fps gaming its fine. 144Hz some single threaded games may see a cpu bottleneck with the 1070 ti.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for answer,I'm  actually targeting  60 fps in single thread game Escape from Tarkov,maybe someone tested it ?

I wonder if a 4700mq plus a 5700 would be able to play stormlands on an oculus

Здраствуйте! Хочу купить сие чудо для своего Lenovo Y510P. Как я могу это зделать?

29 minutes ago, LAO said:

Здраствуйте! Хочу купить сие чудо для своего Lenovo Y510P. Как я могу это зделать?

Напишите Swung Huang личное сообщение. Последние адаптеры производит он. Только на английском. :)

1 hour ago, rusTORK said:

Напишите Swung Huang личное сообщение. Последние адаптеры дают он. Только на английском.:)

Спасибо)

扎金在2019/1/21的AM12点33分说:

这是我的示意图。 
Zakyn_eGPU.pdf

我将检查12V和3V电源并重新检查RESET信号。我没有计算RF阻抗(可耻的是,这超出了我的知识),但是正如您所写的,如果它仅与信号完整性有关,我认为至少可以检测到卡。

PS:Ultrabay中连接器有两个插针号:一个在数据表中,而第二个用于联想y510p架构(以便于定位)。

Edited by kangxueyu