gerald

Y510p Ultrabay Graphics card

On 6/9/2019 at 5:05 PM, euiko said:

I'm also appreciate if you can sell it on aliexpress that i've always used for imported goods to Indonesia, but its okay with other global marketplace for handle the payment and tracking @Swung Huang

Aliexpress requires some license and I don't actually have them. So that may not work.

@Swung Huang Just forget about it. Use direct sales with payments on PayPal. This should be enought. Don't forget about PayPal fee, they updated recently their rules.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I use dell da-2 power supply with this board?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rok666 said:

Can I use dell da-2 power supply with this board?

What‘s da-2 psu? If it have 20pin ATX connector and 6/8pin PCIe auxiliary power(depending on your gpu) that should be enough.

6 hours ago, rusTORK said:

@Swung Huang Just forget about it. Use direct sales with payments on PayPal. This should be enought. Don't forget about PayPal fee, they updated recently their rules.

Thx. I will check that out.

Edited by Swung Huang

i just had to comment....

absolutely fantastic mod very impressive

Aliexpress sounds really good as you should be able to access cheap and quick express postage services with them: China has negotiated ultra cheap postage with the postage companies.

If you go the paypal route, please make sure anonymous credit cards are accepted because I will never get a paypal account.

3 hours ago, Jump said:

Aliexpress sounds really good as you should be able to access cheap and quick express postage services with them: China has negotiated ultra cheap postage with the postage companies.

Emmm...That's impossible for I don't really have the business licence.

Posted (edited)

I think everyone should realize that SH is an enthusiast, a student, and an innovator - not a business or high-volume hardware manufacturer. Appreciate the amazing work he has done during an already-stressful time in his life, and be accommodating and understanding about the sale and shipping of these adapters. The same applies after they arrive - it's not like these come with a warranty, and he's just one dude, not a customer support team. We're going to have to work together as a community to solve issues that come up. Remember that you're not buying a product from a huge company, SH is probably paying out of pocket to get these manufactured and we need to appreciate this and his brilliant design efforts.

Tl;dr - don't act like a customer, act like a fellow tech enthusiast.

Edited by IronWolf0117

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, IronWolf0117 said:

I think everyone should realize that SH is an enthusiast, a student, and an innovator - not a business or high-volume hardware manufacturer. Appreciate the amazing work he has done during an already-stressful time in his life, and be accommodating and understanding about the sale and shipping of these adapters. The same applies after they arrive - it's not like these come with a warranty, and he's just one dude, not a customer support team. We're going to have to work together as a community to solve issues that come up. Remember that you're not buying a product from a huge company, SH is probably paying out of pocket to get these manufactured and we need to appreciate this and his brilliant design efforts.

Tl;dr - don't act like a customer, act like a fellow tech enthusiast.

Thanks for your highly praise for me.

I'll try my best to provide the best things I could to all you. But there are so many processes that could introduce issues: my production without actually serious QS(I'll try out everything as I can to ensure I found nothing wrong), during shipping, payment issues, foreign money exchange etc.

I found myself have to learn many things and let all of the things makes sense. 

I'll try to figure everything out as soon as possible.

And thanks you guys for all the supportings and all your suggestions!

(btw in the following couple of weeks I'll be free and spare more time to get everything right. :) 

also, my adapters DOES come with a warranty. If you need it to be repaired, send me an email and I'll send you my address to let you send your adapters.

Edited by Swung Huang

Posted (edited)

Hello

how much is difference in the price between the normal and Cabled version of adapter?

Edited by bakadis

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 4:55 PM, bakadis said:

Hello

how much is difference in the price between the normal and Cabled version of adapter?

I’m really not want to sell the cabled version for it’s easy to wear out the cable and break down.

But if you really want one I’ll do that for you. 

I wanna set the price of the the board 90 USD, the acrylic case 20 USD and the cabled version 125USD. On paypal.Excl. Shipping.
I really don’t want to set the price that high but...The f*ing high execution fees.

btw if you can pay me via alipay or we chat pay that will save a lot of hassle. And maybe I can give you a discount. :)

Edited by Swung Huang

I’ll tell you how much I have paid on shippment and tax etc.(I’ll pay the execution fees).I’ll let you know in the email. Just pay me the price of the adapter and the shippment fees together to me. When I’m ready, I’ll email you. Thank you for your love and tolerance!

9 hours ago, Swung Huang said:

I’m really not want to sell the cabled version for it’s easy to wear out the cable and break down.

I wanna set the price of the the board 80 USD, the acrylic case 20 USD and the cabled version 125USD. On paypal.Excl. Shipping.
I really don’t want to set the price that high but...The f*ing high execution fees.

btw if you can pay me via alipay or we chat pay that will save a lot of hassle. And maybe I can give you a discount. :)

Dude, those prices are super reasonable considering that this is a low-volume, newly-developed product, especially compared to external eGPU enclosures which can get really pricey. Keep up the great work! Is the acrylic case meant to go with the board version or the cable version?

6 minutes ago, IronWolf0117 said:

Is the acrylic case meant to go with the board version or the cable version?

The board version.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/13/2019 at 5:11 AM, Swung Huang said:

I wanna set the price of the the board 80 USD, the acrylic case 20 USD and the cabled version 125USD. On paypal.Excl. Shipping.

i could pay you with any way possible
i have checked Alipay, unfortenly when i went to add my visa card; my country was not included in country list in  billing address, so i messaged help centre of ALipay hope they can do somthing about that.

about wechat i think i linked my account successfully with my visa card but no idea  what to do to make a payment with it.

Edited by bakadis

On 6/13/2019 at 11:11 AM, Swung Huang said:

the cabled version 125USD

I’m terribly sorry, but I think I couldn’t make it.

The cabled version I made have a terribly high failure rate and I don’t want to ship faulty adapters to you guys.

If you really want the cabled version, you may wait longer and I will increase the price to 175USD.

I’m terribly sorry for that.

And if you don’t want the cabled version any more, please contact me by email and modify your requests in the spreadsheet.

I'm selling my OG gerald board. It's slightly modified in order to accommodate an ultrabay hard drive, the adapter cable for which I can throw in for free. Looking for $60. I've moved on to Thunderbolt 3 eGPU, but this was a fun time.

PM if interested.

Edited by skavi
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/10/2019 at 12:04 PM, Swung Huang said:

Oh, I found myself overlooked the privacy issue.

If you are not comfortable to put your shipping info in that spreadsheet , just leave an email address there and get in touch with me by email. (by aforementioned email address

I sent an email to the gmail address you posted before, BTW are you going to include the acrylic parts with the PCB versions? if shipping is too expensive I could do my own though I would need the CNC layout

2 hours ago, Drozof said:

I sent an email to the gmail address you posted before, BTW are you going to include the acrylic parts with the PCB versions? if shipping is too expensive I could do my own though I would need the CNC layout

Nope. The acylic case is 20 USD. I think the shipping would cost not much.

Alright, so the PCB+acrylic is the most expensive right?

BTW that case looks cool but wont the HDD take bandwidth from the PCIe port?

7 minutes ago, Drozof said:

BTW that case looks cool but wont the HDD take bandwidth from the PCIe port?

Nope. Actually it’s using a separate port designed originally for optical drive.

21 hours ago, Swung Huang said:

Hi everyone! Here’s a good news.

I adopted a 3D printer and made some new cases.

Here’s some pics.

8BB965E7-4607-46A7-BF17-412911321F7A.jpeg

Wow that look awesome.... Is this a new version that we can order, or is it just a side project?

@Swung Huangalso will the adapter support both card vendors, nvidia and amd to play on laptop screen or will  i need external monitor? and finally modified bios will be needed?

Edited by manolis