Y510p Ultrabay Graphics card

gerald

On 4/27/2017 at 11:34 PM, gerald said:

Yes, I still have few adapters.

@gerald I'm very interested to get one for my Y410p, which has a 720p panel that you guys mentioned. But my embedded 755M was probably fried since I've tried everything and wasn't able to fix the Error 43 code in device manager. Also I don't have an external monitor and I'm not planning on getting one unless it's absolutely necessary. With these 2 problems can I still use the adapter? If external monitor is required then I can get one. Thank you very much for helping the community with this great project =)

One guy tried to use the adapter on a Y410p and failed. I have no experience with Y410p and I can't guarantee the functionality.

You need always an external monitor for the GPU on the adapter.

Hi,

Does anyone tried with the new family of GPU's of AMD?

https://www.pccomponentes.com/sapphire-pulse-radeon-rx-580-4gb-gddr5

I want to try with the RX580, because the price tag between the RX480 and this one is really small (The differences are small also), but i was wondering if anyone has tried with the new GPU, or instead i shall go with the RX480 because here are several people using it like a charm.

On 4/29/2017 at 2:26 AM, gerald said:

One guy tried to use the adapter on a Y410p and failed. I have no experience with Y410p and I can't guarantee the functionality.

You need always an external monitor for the GPU on the adapter.

It works perfectly on my y410p.

On 2017-5-17 at 4:33 PM, balint234 said:

Hello,

Does this adapter work with an RX 580? 

Yes, It works!

Tomorrow i Will send pictures. So far good, at least with BF4, with Everything on Ultra

I tried the adapter today, It works! Thanks gerald. Tomorrow I will send pictures of my rig

Hi all,

For my setup, using a Gigabyte RX580, and a PSU of 650W (Tacers Radix eco) everything is running fine so far. I followed the instructions by Tesla (BTW Thank you for the video).

In regards with the games, I tested 3 games, everything on Ultra, Ambient Occlusion On, Multialiasing on, and I Have the following readings

BF4: Around 90-120 fps (Depend of maps).

Previously, with the 750M Sli configuration, with everything Low-Medium settings reach 60 fps, but some explosions, smokes and high demand graphics reduces this amount to 40-50fps.

BF1: Around 60-90 fps (Depend of maps). Curiously, this game is not supported by the y510p due to extremely high requirements to run, the y510p + RX580 works like a charm so far.

Previously, I played small maps (On team deathmatch mode) with everything on low (I have the 750M sli configuration) and the FPS barely reach the 60fps

GTA V: Everything very high settings, i did not test the FPS, however the game runs flawlessly

Again, thank you Gerald for your work, with this I will be able to play games around 2-3 more years without changing the PC.

I Attached some pictures, I mount everything on top, with a cooling base, the temperature readings for the graphic card on BF1 reach 74°C, CPU average 90°C (Ambient temperature room 23°C)

Regards,

EDIT: Playing on 1080p

580.gif

IMG_20170520_111433.jpg

IMG_20170520_111423.jpg

IMG_20170520_111401.jpg

Edited by JABKILL
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone got a dual GPU just to see if any Dual GPU's will work?

Im pretty curious about that, they seem to not work on the mpcie/EC adapters...

Thanks for sharing on the RX 580, gives me hope that Vega should work well...

Edited by TheReciever

• Brian pinned this topic