Constant BEEPing at Startup, stops, then '=' ======== always on after 6970 upgrade

Guest remidragonbear

Guest remidragonbear

After I installed the amd 6970 card from MXM and start my system it beeps so loud until the desktop shows up. Then wherever I go...the '=' key seems to always be pressed. Browser ==========; doesn't stop; Word =============; I can still play games, though. If I punch my keyboard really hard with both hands; it stops but then the '5' or '6' or '`' keys randomly become depressed wherever. It is like possessed or something. I go to Chrome and it magnifies to 300% constantly or open new tabs. I am so frustrated.

I called support; they sent me new keyboard. It still does it!!!! Only when I go back to old Nvidia 260m card does it stop. WTF?

Welcome to Tech Inferno remidragonbear I'm with Svl7 here are you on latest bios... your keyboard is new so maybe the motherboard is bad. Did a tech replace it, if so did he test it at all lol? Seems you can continue from your last case with Dell/Alienware so they can continue diagnosing it too. They throw parts at their probs sometimes without knowing anything. I have had similar probs on a hp and dell they both kept pressing the media/touch buttons above keyboard randomly the dell studio still does it. If we don't end up helping here make sure to take Dell up on it before your warranty runs out. They need to fix your computer. its definitely related to keyboard maybe the cables pinched or keeps gettings pinched, ribbon cables are sensitive too. Did you watch the tech if there was one? If you had a chance to see the inside did anything look pinched or messed up? Really could be faulty motherboard new keyboard and system thinks your pressing those buttons... but you mash keyboard and sometimes changes or stops.... still could be faulty or lose connection... maybe ribbon cables need to be reseated. The gpu seems strange to be effecting the system like that. Maybe the 6970m is broken. Maybe the 6970m isn't being seating in mxm slot right. lots of possibilities... do you do all the work on your system?

Edited by mw86