10.11.4 osx update dont work (no egpu)

Kr4nG

So i just updated to 10.11.4 and my egpu does not work anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions or is their a new script? The mac makes you update the nvidia web driver and everything. Then once rebooted I cant get my egpu to work anymore.

PLEASE HELP I dont want to return back to 10.11.3 if i dont have to.

Can you please be more descriptive? So should i uninstall the nvidia drivers? then run the script? what is SIP

Is anyone else running the 10.11.4 osx with egpu? 10.11.3 worked great for me.

When the osx update finished it told me to update nvidia because its not supported anymore. So i did and boom no egpu anymore.

15 minutes ago, Kr4nG said:

Can you please be more descriptive? So should i uninstall the nvidia drivers? then run the script? what is SIP

Is anyone else running the 10.11.4 osx with egpu? 10.11.3 worked great for me.

When the osx update finished it told me to update nvidia because its not supported anymore. So i did and boom no egpu anymore.

SIP is System Integrity Protection.

All the updates should be done by rerunning the script. It will download the correct driver and makes backup folder. Uninstalling is not necessary, but as you already clicked yes for Nvidia’s prompt window, it’s recommended to uninstall everything:

1) sudo ./automate-eGPU.sh -uninstall (click yes this time)
2) restart
3) sudo ./automate-eGPU.sh (eGPU plugged)
4) restart

ok i will try it that way but i know i had system integrity off the entire time. I never enabled it because it gave me issues. I will try it again.

Can anyone verify that they have egpu working with 10.11.4

ok i just verified that my sip is disabled and it its. I will uninstall the script and try again later tonight. I will post update on the situation. Thanks so far btw.

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 9.59.39 PM.png

OK everything is back to normal. As you can see my screen shot. I want to thank you for the quick help. Here is what i need to do for future updates that people may do and if the egpu stops working.

1. make sure the script is in the desktop and run the uninstall command..{ cd ~/Desktop }..THEN.. { sudo ./automate-eGPU.sh -uninstall }..THEN restart as it tells you

2. { sudo ./automate-eGPU.sh } (eGPU plugged in and power on)

3. shutdown...power up and after the chime plug in your egpu and wait for boot up. It will boot at this time.

4. you can install disable monitor app to turn off your macbook display and run in clam shell mode if you dont need it as an extra monitor

Thank you for the tips. Should I leave my SIP disabled or try to enable it again. In the past I had issues when it was enabled. My resolution was tiny everything was so slow. I'll leave it off i dont want to mess it up again.

• Thumbs Up 1