eGPU experiences [version 2.0]

Tech Inferno Fan

I'm getting error 43, anyone know how to fix this? Sometimes I can get the card to say working properly in device manager but there is nothing going into my moniter. Everytime I disable my dgpu and restart, it enables itself and whenever I install a Nvidia driver, it enables the on board 770m.

Hello, I need help figuring out if I can mount a eGPU system. I have a notebook Compal FL90, which has a Nvidia 8600M GT. This has stopped working. The rest of the laptop works perfectly. I have no external display and I need to work from the screen of the laptop.

My question is, can I mount the eGPU system and boot the laptop directly from the external card? Will I be able to W7 and install the drivers from there? Actually the laptop already has the drivers of the 8600M GT and should serve for another Nvidia.

Thank you very much in advance. Greetings and congratulations on your fantastic work.

From http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/7442-egpu-lenovo-x220t-pe4h-mpcie-pm3n-gtx-750ti.html#post101937

Hi !

I' PE4H-2.4+mpcie PM3N owner and my laptop is a Lenovo X220T

I5 2520+2X8Go DDR3,SSD Samsung Dalle IPS+ external screen.

I have contacted Nando in order to get the most adapted setup to my hardware. Despite the right setup, i'm unable to get PCI-E to GEN2 mode.

On PCI-E adapter, there's a swith but i have no idea how to use it. Do i have to try different setup ?

And what about PE4H switch ? could you tell me how to setup this one?

my X220T bios is 1.39 version.

Check out my screens, maybe will it help you to understand what's happening to me.

i'm looking to hearing from you

http://i.imgur.com/pylwKfl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/05Pmp8W.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vbQvffh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5N6rk9s.jpg

GPUZ

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/08/11/fs5.png

Hey @Riri-Fifi,

I have a similar laptop (x220 i7) and I was wondering if you managed to get your setup working? I plan to purchase a 750ti. I want to use an Xbox PSU (like http://forum.techinferno.com/provisional-guides/3208-12-lenovo-x220t-gtx650ti%404gbps-c-ec2-pe4l-2-1b-win7-%5Brhx123%5D.html) to build a eGPU but I wanted to know if you were able to make it work with a normal power source.

Hey everybody. I have been running an eGPU for several months now, with fantastic results. I've been less than thrilled with limitations and driver stability issues, but am overall pleased with my experience.

Setup:

Lenovo w520 Laptop

Intel i7 2820QM

12GB 1333 RAM

300GB 7200RPM HDD (Previous owner removed boot SSD, so have free mpcie/msata slot)

HWTools PE4C v2.1

ASUS GTX 670 FTW 2GB GPU @1.2 Opt via ExpressCard (but runs nearly the same speed running alongside Quadro 1000M... maybe 1-2 fps difference)

Soltek Qbic 250w PSU

custom enclosure with HDMI High Speed w/ Ethernet extensions to front of case. (enclosure came from an old Compaq tape drive)

twin SilenX fans in front, and original tape drive fan (pretty loud, but pulls the air like it means business) in back for heavy gaming.

total cost for eGPU setup: USD$250

post-33053-14494999738616_thumb.jpg

With this setup I get quite a noticeable performance increase in games, and the case doubles as a laptop stand when I travel (though it's made from steel instead of aluminum, so it's HEAVY!)

Furmark @1080p gives a score of 2543

post-33053-14494999738781_thumb.png

3D Mark on Firestrike gives me 5604

post-33053-14494999739018_thumb.png

I would like to run my card either by 2x via the free mpcie/msata under the keyboard, or looking into the possibility of an ultrabay -> msata -> mpcie card with the cable run through the face of the bay (to allow plug-and-go installation) I know there has been some discussion of ultrabay eGPU with other Lenovo laptops, but nobody seems to have tried it with the w520. This could potentially let the card run at pci express 3.0 8x via a single cable.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey everybody. I have been running an eGPU for several months now, with fantastic results. I've been less than thrilled with limitations and driver stability issues, but am overall pleased with my experience.

Setup:

Lenovo w520 Laptop

Intel i7 2820QM

12GB 1333 RAM

300GB 7200RPM HDD (Previous owner removed boot SSD, so have free mpcie/msata slot)

HWTools PE4C v2.1

ASUS GTX 670 FTW 2GB GPU @1.2 Opt via ExpressCard (but runs nearly the same speed running alongside Quadro 1000M... maybe 1-2 fps difference)

Soltek Qbic 250w PSU

custom enclosure with HDMI High Speed w/ Ethernet extensions to front of case. (enclosure came from an old Compaq tape drive)

twin SilenX fans in front, and original tape drive fan (pretty loud, but pulls the air like it means business) in back for heavy gaming.

total cost for eGPU setup: USD$250

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14471[/ATTACH]

With this setup I get quite a noticeable performance increase in games, and the case doubles as a laptop stand when I travel (though it's made from steel instead of aluminum, so it's HEAVY!)

Furmark @1080p gives a score of 2543

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14472[/ATTACH]

3D Mark on Firestrike gives me 5604

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14473[/ATTACH]

I would like to run my card either by 2x via the free mpcie/msata under the keyboard, or looking into the possibility of an ultrabay -> msata -> mpcie card with the cable run through the face of the bay (to allow plug-and-go installation) I know there has been some discussion of ultrabay eGPU with other Lenovo laptops, but nobody seems to have tried it with the w520. This could potentially let the card run at pci express 3.0 8x via a single cable.

The Lenovo Y510P has a special ultrabay capable of hosting ultrabay GPUs. Your W520 cannot do that. Furthermore, to mod a Sandy Bridge or newer system to do x2 2.0 is quite a complicated process. Involved is taking a BIOS dump, modifying it with the Intel FITC utility, then flashing it back. Often to take a bios dump requires jumpering the audio chip. In addition, you require a mPCIe+mPCIe or EC+mPCIe port with correct adjacent port layout.

If you want faster eGPU performance, I'd suggest grab a notebook with a TB1 or better still, TB2 port. Then can use a cost effective AKiTiO Thunder2 enclosure to host your eGPU with it. See TB1/TB2 candidate systems at http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/4109-egpu-candidate-system-list.html

My laptop is relatively current and was paid for by work. I rarely ever take it out of the house and was looking at the Banggood Exp Beast adaptor.

I was hoping that someone with the same laptop can confirm a working combination. It seems like a risk/hassle given the fact I have to remove the wireless card and have a cable sticking out of my laptop. However, it also seems like a waste of money to build a full desktop system when I have an i7 latop with 16gb ram, ssd etc.

Just looking for advice. No PCI express slot so just wondering which method is the best way to go. Thanks.

I would like to use the

EVGA GeForce GT 740 Super

Akitio Thunder2 PCIe box with

EVGA GeForce GT 740 Superclocked Single Slot 4GB DDR3 Graphics Cards 04G-P4-2744-KR

on my Sony Vaio Vpcec3dfx/bj windows 7 64 bit laptop. Before ordering...will it work? Are there any complications? Power? How too? I want to run it like a monster pc and I would like to order Alien Isolation, but I am short on graphics, thus the idea.

My laptop is relatively current and was paid for by work. I rarely ever take it out of the house and was looking at the Banggood Exp Beast adaptor.

I was hoping that someone with the same laptop can confirm a working combination. It seems like a risk/hassle given the fact I have to remove the wireless card and have a cable sticking out of my laptop. However, it also seems like a waste of money to build a full desktop system when I have an i7 latop with 16gb ram, ssd etc.

Just looking for advice. No PCI express slot so just wondering which method is the best way to go. Thanks.

You don't have any other choice than buying either PE4C/PE4L with mPCIe or EXP GDC with mPCIe. If you want to use an eGPU then you'll have to remove your wifi card no matter what to get access to that slot.

I would like to use the

EVGA GeForce GT 740 Super

Akitio Thunder2 PCIe box with

EVGA GeForce GT 740 Superclocked Single Slot 4GB DDR3 Graphics Cards 04G-P4-2744-KR

on my Sony Vaio Vpcec3dfx/bj windows 7 64 bit laptop. Before ordering...will it work? Are there any complications? Power? How too? I want to run it like a monster pc and I would like to order Alien Isolation, but I am short on graphics, thus the idea.

You don't have a Thunderbolt port. Don't buy the Akitio Thunder2 then. You may buy the PE4C/PE4L or EXP GDC with ExpressCard though as your notebook is advertised to have a ExpressCard 34 slot.

GT 740 isn't a good card for gaming. Purchase at least something like GTX 750 Ti.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi,

I just wanted to share with everyone my egpu experience thus far. I was able to get it going with the following build:

Lenovo thinkpad X230 2306CTO; bios 2.62

i5 3230m

16 GB 2133 corsair vengeance

Radeon HD 6870 double dissipation 1 GB pcie 2.1

600w EVGA 80+ bronze

PE4L v2.1 to expresscard

I was really pleased that it worked with no problems. This was not expected because of the 16gb 100% cpu load issues as well as the fact that there weren't too many examples online. Now, is there anyway that I can double check that I do not have this 100% cpu problem as well as check out what is the actual bandwidth going from my expresscard slot?

Anyways, I was able to get the following benchmarks:

Cinebench R15: 63.52 FPS

3Dmark11 firestrike @ 1080p: 2203

I am really happy that I can get the benefit of my almost 5 year old gpu. I am picking up at 750ti tomorrow and I am looking forward to better results with x1.2opt.

Cheers,

Louiek

Hi,

I just wanted to share with everyone my egpu experience thus far. I was able to get it going with the following build:

Lenovo thinkpad X230 2306CTO; bios 2.62

i5 3230m

16 GB 2133 corsair vengeance

Radeon HD 6870 double dissipation 1 GB pcie 2.1

600w EVGA 80+ bronze

PE4L v2.1 to expresscard

I was really that it worked with no problems. This was not expected because of the 16gb 100% cpu load issues as well as the fact that there weren't too many examples online. Now, is there anyway that I can double check that I do not have this 100% cpu problem as well as check out what is the actual bandwidth going from my expresscard slot?

Anyways, I was able to get the following benchmarks:

Cinebench R15: 63.52 FPS

3Dmark11 @ 1080p: 2203

I am really happy that I can get the benefit of my almost 5 year old gpu. I am picking up at 750ti tomorrow and I am looking forward to better results with x1.2opt.

Cheers,

Louiek

Nice to know that you are on Gtx750 ti.

I am facing trouble with slow responding in game and computing.. what is your experience

my system

T420

i5 2520M

8GB Ram

GTX 750 ti

350 W power supply

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a rig with the following components were the eGPU is powering the internal LCD.

DELL Latitude E6530

BIOS A16

i7 3520M

16 Gbyte ram

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (driver version 15.33.32.64.4061)

NVIDIA NVS 5200M (driver version 347.88)

EXP GDC Beast, CTD Off, PTD Off, connected with Expresscard

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (driver version 347.88)

Windows 7 64bit

OCZ 600W external PSU

So far all three GPU's are detected by Device Manager in Windows, but only if i boot with eGPU connected. eGPU is running at PCI-E x1 1.1 according to GPU-Z. I can only access NVIDIA control panel if i have an external LCD connected to my eGPU and I can't get the eGPU to power my internal LCD even if the external LCD is unplugged. In 3DMark Vantage i have about 100 FPS on external LCD and about 10 FPS on internal LCD. Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

3DMark Vantage Graphic Score 29563 on external LCD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3520M,Dell Inc. 07Y85M

Update:

By using DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 i managed to disable dGPU and feed the internal LCD with my eGPU. i'm also running my eGPU at PCI-E x1 2.0 now.

Settings in startup.bat

call speedup lbacache

call iport reset 1

call iport gen2 1

call iport dGPU off

:end

call chainload bootmgr noremap

3DMark Vantage Graphic Score 18210 on internal LCD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3520M,Dell Inc. 07Y85M

Hi Guys!

With the help of the forum I have managed to setup a EXP-GDC Beast eGPU.

The GPU that I have used is purely for testing and is what I had laying around it is a rather weak HD4650!

It came across my mind that its probably the old shitty gpu that is the problem?

I have carried out the DSDT override and I have the large memory in device manager after clearing error 12 I thought all was well, but there is no output on the external display. I am normally competent with my computer stuff and I feel like I'm missing something very simple.

The system spec is:

EliteBook 2570p

CPU: Intel i7 3740QM

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance

BIOS Rev: F.42

Long story short is my eGPU appears to work fine with no errors showing but there is no output at the external display.

If there is anything that needs uploading or whatever please let me know below!

Thanks in advance guys

Hi. I'm running win7 x64 on GPT and UEFI with legacy option. I just got my PE4C V2.1 and is having trouble with code 12, DSDT Override also seems not working.

I would like to know would the DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 software work with my system installation or do I have to reinstall on MBR and legacy BIOS?

My system:

Dell Inspiron 17R 7720

i7-3610QM

16GB RAM

GT 650M

GTX 670

PE4C V2.1 mPCIe

Windows 7 x64

post-34690-14494999747222_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a rig with the following components were the eGPU is powering the internal LCD.

DELL Latitude E6530

BIOS A16

i7 3520M

16 Gbyte ram

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (driver version 15.33.32.64.4061)

NVIDIA NVS 5200M (driver version 347.88)

EXP GDC Beast, CTD Off, PTD Off, connected with Expresscard

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (driver version 347.88)

Windows 7 64bit

OCZ 600W external PSU

So far all three GPU's are detected by Device Manager in Windows, but only if i boot with eGPU connected. eGPU is running at PCI-E x1 1.1 according to GPU-Z. I can only access NVIDIA control panel if i have an external LCD connected to my eGPU and I can't get the eGPU to power my internal LCD even if the external LCD is unplugged. In 3DMark Vantage i have about 100 FPS on external LCD and about 10 FPS on internal LCD. Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

3DMark Vantage Graphic Score 29563 on external LCD

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5253060

The NVIdia driver will only activate the Optimus accelerated internal LCD mode if there is no dGPU detected. Check if you can disable your dGPU in the BIOS. If not, you can use the DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 software to do it: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-egpu-setup-1-30-a.html#post27337

Nice to know that you are on Gtx750 ti.

I am facing trouble with slow responding in game and computing.. what is your experience

my system

T420

i5 2520M

8GB Ram

GTX 750 ti

350 W power supply

You haven't listed your eGPU adapter. Poor/choppy response may be the result of the eGPU adapter + video card not being Gen2 compliant, causing data retransmissions with associated poor response. If affected, the solution is to get a Gen2 compliant adapter.

A test to see if this is the problem is switching your expresscard slot in the BIOS from "AUTO/GEN2" to "GEN1". If your BIOS doesn't have such a setting, can use the DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 software to switch to Gen1 : http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-egpu-setup-1-30-a.html#post27337

Hi. I'm running win7 x64 on GPT and UEFI with legacy option. I just got my PE4C V2.1 and is having trouble with code 12, DSDT Override also seems not working.

I would like to know would the DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 software work with my system installation or do I have to reinstall on MBR and legacy BIOS?

My system:

Dell Inspiron 17R 7720

i7-3610QM

16GB RAM

GT 650M

GTX 670

PE4C V2.1 mPCIe

Windows 7 x64

[ATTACH]14509[/ATTACH]

Would require a reinstallation on MBR with bios set to legacy to have proper functionality. Unfortunately haven't found a way of chainloading to a UEFI Windows installation while preserving the PCIe config changes made by Setup 1.30 booted say via legacy USB.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi,

My setup

x220 i7-2620 8gb RAM Bios 1.39

Win 7 Pro 64-bit

PE4L-EC060A (SW1=1, SW2=2-3) 2.1b

16v 70w 4a DC PSU

usb-to-usb

Evga 750ti

Lights D1 and D3 are on and are green and yellow respectively on PE4L.

The fan runs at medium speed when I power it up with the adapter and USB and slows down when I plug with expresscard in. It also speeds up really fast for a second after I shutdown the laptop immediately before my laptop turns off.

I'm currently stuck on code 12.

- Tried to take one of my 4gb RAM out but it still would not work and I do not have another RAM to go below 4gb.

- Tried running gpu after sleep and at Windows loadup by F8 method.

- Tried DSDT override (via angerthosenear's method - http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/3539-guide-dsdt-override-simultaneous-igpu-dgpu-egpu.html) but I had the blue screen.

- Tried uninstalling all video drivers and reinstalling them (Nvidia 347.88 and Intel lastest drivers, win64_152823.exe)

I've read of other people with similar setups that did not have problems.

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/7162-%5Bperformance%5D-x16-2-0-desktop-vs-x1-2-0-egpu-gtx770-r9-270x.html

http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides/4532-12-lenovo-x220-gtx650%404gbps-c-ec2-pe4l-2-1b-win7-%5Bremko78%5D.html

http://forum.techinferno.com/provisional-guides/3208-12-lenovo-x220t-gtx650ti%404gbps-c-ec2-pe4l-2-1b-win7-%5Brhx123%5D.html

This is what I see on GPU-Z

post-30898-14494999747863_thumb.gif

Any help would be appreciated

Hi,

My setup

x220 i7-2620 8gb RAM Bios 1.39

Win 7 Pro 64-bit

16v 70w 4a DC PSU

usb-to-usb

Evga 750ti

Lights D1 and D3 are on and are green and yellow respectively on PE4L.

The fan runs at medium speed when I power it up with the adapter and USB and slows down when I plug with expresscard in. It also speeds up really fast for a second after I shutdown the laptop immediately before my laptop turns off.

I'm currently stuck on code 12.

- Tried to take one of my 4gb RAM out but it still would not work and I do not have another RAM to go below 4gb.

- Tried running gpu after sleep and at Windows loadup by F8 method.

- Tried DSDT override (via angerthosenear's method - http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/3539-guide-dsdt-override-simultaneous-igpu-dgpu-egpu.html) but I had the blue screen.

- Tried uninstalling all video drivers and reinstalling them (Nvidia 347.88 and Intel lastest drivers, win64_152823.exe)

I've read of other people with similar setups that did not have problems.

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/7162-%5Bperformance%5D-x16-2-0-desktop-vs-x1-2-0-egpu-gtx770-r9-270x.html

http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides/4532-12-lenovo-x220-gtx650%404gbps-c-ec2-pe4l-2-1b-win7-%5Bremko78%5D.html

http://forum.techinferno.com/provisional-guides/3208-12-lenovo-x220t-gtx650ti%404gbps-c-ec2-pe4l-2-1b-win7-%5Brhx123%5D.html

This is what I see on GPU-Z

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14510[/ATTACH]

Any help would be appreciated

GTX750Ti requires 256MB + 32MB of adjacent PCIe config space, as does GTX650 and GTX9xx. Unless you can get the DSDT override to work, you're not going to have space to host the eGPU unless you run with (unworkable) 2GB. If can't get a DSDT override to work then consider:

- using a GTX560Ti/660/670/760/770 which require 128MB+64MB+16MB (or less) PCIe config space.

- use Win8.1, which allows the eGPU to function even if the iGPU is not working. The idea there would be to use say Setup 1.30 to have the eGPU hijaak the iGPU PCIe config space so the iGPU would error 12 and eGPU work work. Still not idea since you would need an external LCD, no accelerated internal LCD mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

You haven't listed your eGPU adapter. Poor/choppy response may be the result of the eGPU adapter + video card not being Gen2 compliant, causing data retransmissions with associated poor response. If affected, the solution is to get a Gen2 compliant adapter.

sorry for not listing ,my adapter,

I am using PE4L Express card with GTX 750 ti,

I was get a smooth result with GTX 560 with this setup with one and half year, I just recently upgrade graphics card and getting huge lag in both HD movie and games....it seems to me 100% CPU use, total system getting slow.

please give me your helping hand

edit: I was getting 16999 3dmark06 scores in GTX560 with this setup. thanks, Now only getting 10800 :(

My setup:

Lenovo T420, BIOS v 1.46 latest update.

ASUS GTX750ti

Thermaltek PSU 350W

8GBRAM G-SKILL

Hello , according to the answer given in the post #4631 Tech Inferno Fan

“The NVIdia driver will only activate the Optimus accelerated internal LCD mode if there is no dGPU detected. Check if you can disable your dGPU in the BIOS. If not, you can use the DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 software to do it: DIY eGPU Setup 1.30

I gather you can start a laptop screen itself from a eGPU system. Whenever the BIOS detects a non dGPU, an integrated or dedicated graphics. This is so?, because it would be the answer to my post # 4618I appreciate your answer to myself to buy supplies in the event that is yes.A greeting and thanks.

Hello , according to the answer given in the post #4631 Tech Inferno Fan

“The NVIdia driver will only activate the Optimus accelerated internal LCD mode if there is no dGPU detected. Check if you can disable your dGPU in the BIOS. If not, you can use the DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 software to do it: DIY eGPU Setup 1.30

I gather you can start a laptop screen itself from a eGPU system. Whenever the BIOS detects a non dGPU, an integrated or dedicated graphics. This is so?, because it would be the answer to my post # 4618I appreciate your answer to myself to buy supplies in the event that is yes.A greeting and thanks.

considering reply for me "thanks ".

I switched off dGPU. and play with my setup with GTX560. benchmark 3dmark06 16999. but with GTX 750 it awful result.. laggy..

I've noticied regular short freezes with GPU usage dropping to 0% on my setup (a x220t with a PE4C 2.0+GTX 560Ti). It happens more or less often depending on the game. Any clue on what could cause this ?

- use Win8.1, which allows the eGPU to function even if the iGPU is not working. The idea there would be to use say Setup 1.30 to have the eGPU hijaak the iGPU PCIe config space so the iGPU would error 12 and eGPU work work. Still not idea since you would need an external LCD, no accelerated internal LCD mode.

As your tips, Today I install Win 8.1 pro and get result 3Dmark06 >15000, please check attachments, is it OK?post-6093-14494999748835_thumb.gif

post-6093-14494999748457_thumb.png

Hello everyone. I've been trying to get everything set up and have spent about 30 hours without success.

Setup:

Samsung NP550... series

Ivy Bridge i7 - 3610QM @ 2.30 Ghz

RAM - 8 GB

iGPU - Intel HD 4000

dGPU - GT 630m

Adapter - EXP GDC Beast V6? (Version w/ 2 switches)

eGPU- Asus GTX 660

PSU- Some 12 year old ATX12V Power Supply (I have a DA-2 on the way) Could this be my problem lol?

OS- Win7

Things I've tried

• Normal boot of Win7 lead to all 3 GPU's listed in device manager by exact names with the GTX 660 having Error 12 (after current nvidia drivers installed).
  • I've tried 'angerthosenear's' DSDT override guide and followed every step and end up with Error 43 instead of 12. Not sure if I should've been making the eGPU's PCI bus Gen2 since I'm using the Beast but I did it anyway.
  • Also have tried compaction several ways I've read it done here on the forums - usually ending in eGPU with Error 43.

I'm not sure if I'm Chainloading to OS correctly but from what I read on FAQ i think I've been doing it right. It's meant to return to the Win7 / 1.3 screen right?

- Mbr2 loads with black screen so i've been using Mbr every time.

- to clarify > entering test run + mbr checked = actually chainloading to OS ?

It may be clear at this point that I'm not a tech savvy guy but I did many hours of reading before and while attempting this setup.

Other details that may be important:

• Laptop is Optimus enabled although ideally I would like to be running on an external monitor. I have not been able to get the setup to display at all while connected to my external monitor via VGA + VGA Adapter. Display always stays on the laptop's LCD.
  • I have purchased setup 1.3 & attempted to use it by mirroring several thread posts here.
  • eGPU detected on device manager & setup 1.3 and I have successfully installed/removed current drivers several times.
  • the right most of the two switches on the EXP GDC Beast placed in the right most position (14s delay?) is the only setting that works for me. All others load a black screen from cold boot. Red LED light is also always the only one lit. Fans never spin until Laptop is booted - is this normal? - a vid i saw of another adapter the fans on his eGPU spun while laptop was off with PSU turned on.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :72:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.