eGPU experiences [version 2.0]

Tech Inferno Fan

Ok so I installed Win7 but when I "loadtable" I get error

"Error: Count not access the registry path: System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ACPI\Parameters\DSDT\FUJ___\FJNBB2A_\02080000"

Now I think i'm really lost...what could be the issue?

EDIT: Apologizes, I didn't run the cmd as administrator. Looks good after restart.

post-14575-14494995829285_thumb.png

Seems like there's a new ThunderBolt solution coming to town, the Silverstone T004:

Brilliant. That's the gamchanger hardware at a great pricepoint (~US$250) that will move eGPUs into the mainstream. Moreso when it will use a Thunderbolt 2.0 chip in 2014.

Did anyone know if the GTX 650 Ti (GK106) have Optimus feature?

Yes, so long as the primary bootup video card is a Intel 4500MHD, HD, HD3000, HD4000 or newer iGPU.

Guess I will have to resort to Setup 1.x, @Tech Inferno Fan will you please PM me the details?

thx

You need one more post to receive PM. Or else pls send me an email Tech Inferno [email protected] .

How can i be sure that the Intel was booted as primary? Where can i check?

My understanding is that if you have Intel it is the primary GPU on boot up. This is basically how Optimus works.

If there is an option to change the default GPU on boot up, it will be in your BIOS options.

I'll have all components in next hours (today for sure) and will need help because of cofiguration, I need Optimus drivers but which ones (GTX660+the PE4L-EC v2.1) and as I'm a big noob what connectors will I need? Thanks

Ok guys I've got all components and now I'm facing cruel reality I don't know how to connect all cables. Someone to help?

I'll have all components in next hours (today for sure) and will need help because of cofiguration, I need Optimus drivers but which ones (GTX660+the PE4L-EC v2.1) and as I'm a big noob what connectors will I need? Thanks

Read the stickies....

Ok guys I've got all components and now I'm facing cruel reality I don't know how to connect all cables. Someone to help?

Got it powered on; but even connected to laptop nothing happens, no device popup...after restart still nothing....although there are green and red lights, I've tried it on XP and it report some "USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA\6&D2B1927&0&1" under other devices -> usb devices???

Got it powered on; but even connected to laptop nothing happens, no device popup...after restart still nothing....although there are green and red lights, I've tried it on XP and it report some "USB\VID_8087&PID_07DA\6&D2B1927&0&1" under other devices -> usb devices???

Hmm.. The graphics card fans are spinning?

The light should be green only (not red), if the fans are running 100% sounding like an aircraft it's something wrong (they should idle).

You have two switches on the PE4L: sw1 and sw2, play around with these first.

Before switching; disconnect the EC and power off eGPU.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm.. The graphics card fans are spinning?

The light should be green only (not red), if the fans are running 100% sounding like an aircraft it's something wrong (they should idle).

You have two switches on the PE4L: sw1 and sw2, play around with these first.

Before switching; disconnect the EC and power off eGPU.

Man....you're a life saver; the fans were at full charge and the switch was the trick: on switch 2 win7 recognized the gpu

now drivers: what should I download? Also when I connect the PE4L the wifi is disabled...

Man....you're a life saver; the fans were at full charge and the switch was the trick: on switch 2 win7 recognized the gpu

now drivers: what should I download? Also when I connect the PE4L the wifi is disabled...

drivers for desktop version, to fix wifi try to log out and log in OS.

here You have my 3dm11 result - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor,Hewlett-Packard 161C and

HWinfo logs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXR0nHa9ucndDUwbXY2LXR6OUd2SUN2STNMSG5NdUE#gid=0

Does column BK look ok? Does anyone can recognize any reason of so low result with GTX760 and i7-2630QM?

drivers for desktop version, to fix wifi try to log out and log in OS.

here You have my 3dm11 result - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor,Hewlett-Packard 161C and HWinfo logs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXR0nHa9ucndDUwbXY2LXR6OUd2SUN2STNMSG5NdUE#gid=0

Does column BK look ok? Does anyone can recognize any reason of so low result with GTX760 and i7-2630QM?

Thanks for your reply. I've installed desktop driver but on restart, at the windows loading screen there's BSOD and reboots. When I unplug eGPU then hotplug black screen, reboot, win7 loading screen and BSOD on so on and on reboot there is a "tac" sound. (could the BSOD be due to eGPU? Weid thing is after drivers install I can see "GTX 660" in device display)

I am looking for Optimus drivers for GTX660 in order to run internal LCD.

Hey,

I've been following this eGPU thing for a while and have decided to pull the trigger on this project: my P4EH is on its way! Found the subject on NBR am then stumbled on here since having read about Nando. Anyway, I'm writing with the hope of getting help, since I'm sure I'll need it, so thank you in advance.

Computer Specs:

Lenovo T500

• Screen: 15.4" 1680 x 1050 WSXGA+ LCD (Matte finish)
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 (2.80GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 6MB Cache)
    Memory: 2GB DDR3 RAM
    Storage: 160GB HDD (7200rpm)
    Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW
    Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.0
    Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 3650 w/ 256MB or Intel X4500 integrated (hybrid switching)

Question

1) I am thinking about a GTX 560 Ti, however, I see a lot of GTX 460s being used. Is there a reason why?

As of now I am expecting this to be pretty much PnP (with exception of driver installing); not expecting Error 12 or anything. Is/Are there any potential problems that I should know ahead of time before install?

Thanks!

hi guys, Im cust curious where is the logic of doing something like that? Gigabyte added a 2xmolex-8pin connector but this connector contains only 6pins! 2 - black, yellow and red.

stupidity or I dont understand something?

post-10292-14494995871019_thumb.jpg

post-10292-1449499587035_thumb.jpg

Well I think this is something we're missing in the intro-section. I almost went crazy before I realized you should play around with SW1/SW2 until your doesn't sound like an aircraft =)

Thanks for your reply. I've installed desktop driver but on restart, at the windows loading screen there's BSOD and reboots. When I unplug eGPU then hotplug black screen, reboot, win7 loading screen and BSOD on so on and on reboot there is a "tac" sound. (could the BSOD be due to eGPU? Weid thing is after drivers install I can see "GTX 660" in device display)

I am looking for Optimus drivers for GTX660 in order to run internal LCD.

• Thumbs Up 1

GTX 760 should yield a little lower results than GTX 670 (look at mine), my results are due to factory OC and better CPU, so I really don't think your results are very low.

You have set maximum performance as power mode in windows I guess?

Ok I got it working hooray! I installed drivers but the installer didn't prompt for restart, so I just launched Tomb Raider and it worked, at launcher I could choose GTX660. The game is smooth while on Intel HD there were lags and some black area graphics issues. I'll run some benchmark and post. Special thanks to jacobsson who helped me all through this and to all community.

I've got another issue when running 3DMark11 I've error message

Workload Single init returned error message: DXGI call IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState failed:

The requested functionality is not supported by the device or the driver.

DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE

Any ideas?

Ok so here are benchmarks, I found those a little low maybe someone could tell me if they are.

3dmark06 - 11970 - http://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/17339037

3dmarkvantage.gpu - 13071 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i3-3120M,FUJITSU FJNBB2A

3dmark11.gpu - 4729 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i3-3120M,FUJITSU FJNBB2A

Tech Inferno Fan edit>>

15" Fujitsu AH532

i3-3120M 2.5Ghz

4GB RAM

DSDT override to overcome error 12

GTX660 eGPU using PE4L 2.1

I haven't used my eGPU for a while, but when I got it out to use it, it simply did not work.

I have tried the card on my desktop and it works fine, and likewise trying another card in the PE4L does not work either.

When powering on, the GPU fan reduces in RPM as if it was going to work, however the laptop does not restart at the bios like it used to when it detected the eGPU when it worked.

Also, I am unsure of the position of the 1x/other x switch.

I cannot find refrence to what the LEDS mean, how would I be able to troubleshoot, and what would be the best position of the PCIE selector switch?

Oh, and if it helps the USB port on the PE4L v2.1b works perfectly.

Hi there. On this forum and somewhere else I start seeing ads for some similar DIY eGPU parts from this company:

Arstech

Installing and use of XPRS-HOST-EC

Installing and use of XPRS-PX-X16

And some interesting adapter:

post-6299-14494995876499_thumb.png

It looks like they are using dual SATA cables to stream PCI Express signal.

Also I would like to mention, on the bplus website, they started selling the M2MU2 adapter (M.2 (NGFF) to mini PCI-E Adapter). New notebooks like Lenovo Y510 use this new connector instead of mPCIe.

M2MU2 (M.2 (NGFF) to mini PCI-E Adapter)

• Thumbs Up 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.