eGPU experiences [version 2.0]

Tech Inferno Fan

Your problem n°1, it's probably not a problem, because the eGPU is operating at 1.2 speed just when it needs it, like in a game. It goes automatically back to 1.1 when not used.

You can check that with GPU-Z and launch a game or something and you will see that it switches to 1.2 link.

As for your other problems, I don't know enough about it to answer you.

• Thumbs Up 2

My setup is as follows:

Fujitsu T901 (2620M, NVS 4200M, 8GB RAM, 60GB Intel 520 SSD, 500GB 7200RPM Toshiba) w/ EVGA GTX 660 Ti connected via PE4L v2.1b

I have it hooked up to two external displays (so internal + 2 = 3 displays total). I have no issues with setup other than the common error 12, but Setup 1.x fixed that. Everything runs as it should, I can run Skyrim, Crysis 2, Borderlands 2 all on max settings.

However, I do have a few complaints / questions.

1. Setup 1.x says I have a x1.1 link. What is the difference between x1.1 and x1.2? How do I go about getting a x1.2 link/is it worth it?
  2. I have not found much detail on automating the Setup 1.x process. I currently have to disable my dGPU, run compation on my iGPU and eGPU, hotreset my eGPU, the chainload and boot. I'm sure there is a way to automate, how to?
  3. I was hoping to avoid using Setup 1.x after having the issue of having to boot and setup my eGPU each boot. So I attempted to perform the DSDT override. The DSDT that I have has a heap of issues, and even after spending hours on it, I have not been able to clean it up. Googling resulted in nothing. Anyone good at fixing DSDT files?

Is there anything else I need to check out or any other information needed to finalize my setup?

My pleasure to help. Now you won't be able to run x1.2Opt unless the NVS4200M can be disabled. Unless your T901 has a bios setting to do that then you will need to use Setup 1.1x to do that. You can automate the process by hitting the F3 key after going manually through the steps you need. The individual commands will be added to your startup.bat after which you can boot Setup 1.1x and select "automated startup via startup.bat", adding ~3secs to your normal Win7 boot process.

• Thumbs Up 1

You are running a HD7750 @ x1 1.0. There is no Optimus pci-e compression running there. Please read the CYAN x1 section here to understand why your performance is poor in some titles. If the MBP has a NVidia chipset then it's running at best performance. If it's got a Intel chipset then depending on what port the expresscard slot is on you may be able to apply the X1E tweak to get better performance.

If your 2009 MBP happens to have a Intel iGPU (4500MHD or Intel HD), then consider swapping the HD7750 for a GTX460/GTX560. Then you'll get significantly better x1.Opt performance. If not, then you may want to upgrade to a Sandy/Ivy Bridge iGPU-equipped system so could run x1.2Opt, faster again or even a Thunderbolt-equipped notebook and watch this space for implementations trickling in. They have the most bandwidth x2 2.0 (BPlus TH05) or x4 2.0 (Sonnet Express Box)

Thanks very much for this Nando! I can confirm it is an Nvidia chipset according to CPU-Z and AIDA 64, i assume they are pretty releiable, so no X1E. The iGPU is an Nvidia 9600M GT, so i think optimus is not possible? However, I noticed in the post above you say if the OP can disable the NVS 4200M then 1.2Opt would be possible, i thought you could only do it on intel iGPU's? If the OP in the above post can do it, would i be able to disable my 9600M GT to use Optimus with an nvidia card?

I guess im just confused why my current set up can run more modern titles and not older ones, one might assume it would be the other way around? and i thought an ATI set up at X1 woudl be better for DX9 games whihc the Cand C titles are i think

Thanks again for your help

Hi

I am trying to make my EGPU run on the internal display

My specs are

Toshiba Tecra R840

I7 2620M

Third party gpu : Radeon 6450M

Using an egpu : palit gtx 670 jetstream

From the intel website i7 2620M has an Intel HD 3000 but my device manager cant detect the igpu is there like a fix out there to make it run on the internal display

PS: Thanks Nando for your previous reply :)

Thanks very much for this Nando! I can confirm it is an Nvidia chipset according to CPU-Z and AIDA 64, i assume they are pretty releiable, so no X1E. The iGPU is an Nvidia 9600M GT, so i think optimus is not possible? However, I noticed in the post above you say if the OP can disable the NVS 4200M then 1.2Opt would be possible, i thought you could only do it on intel iGPU's? If the OP in the above post can do it, would i be able to disable my 9600M GT to use Optimus with an nvidia card?

I guess im just confused why my current set up can run more modern titles and not older ones, one might assume it would be the other way around? and i thought an ATI set up at X1 woudl be better for DX9 games whihc the Cand C titles are i think

Thanks again for your help

Your system is running at full x1 1.0 bandwidth, equivalent to x1E on an Intel chipset. There is no x1 2.0 or Optimus pci-e compression available form your older NVidia chipset. If you want that better performance then consider upgrading to a thin-and-light Sandy or Ivy Bridge system, eg: 12.5" Lenovo X220/X230, Dell E6220/E6230, HP 2560P/2570P; 13" Toshiba R830/R940 or Dell E6320/E6330; 14" Toshiba R840/R940 or Lenovo T420s/T430s.

Hi

I am trying to make my EGPU run on the internal display

My specs are

Toshiba Tecra R840

I7 2620M

Third party gpu : Radeon 6450M

Using an egpu : palit gtx 670 jetstream

From the intel website i7 2620M has an Intel HD 3000 but my device manager cant detect the igpu is there like a fix out there to make it run on the internal display

PS: Thanks Nando for your previous reply :)

My understanding is that the HD6450M model of the R840 has a dedicated graphics setup only. Ie: no switchable graphics. If you want a internal LCD mode driven by the eGPU then the best way is to get an iGPU-equipped R840 from which your GTX670 can do that via the optimus drivers. So you may want to see if can do a system or systemboard swap. Failing that, you system is a Sandy Bridge one so can use LucidLogix Virtu to drive the internal LCD too but will not be so impressive. It won't get the NVidia Optimus' pci-e compression that engages on an iGPU-equipped system running a x1 link.

Hi there, just about to take the plunge on an egpu....information here is fantastic and I've pretty much got my head wrapped around it. I do have a couple of questions that I'm struggling to find definitive answers for after searching.

Specs: HP Elitebook 8460p, i7 2720QM, 8Gb, Radeon 6470m dGpu, expresscard 2.0

I picked up a PE4L 2.1b already and planning to use an external monitor.

1. Since I can't disable the 6470m (as far as I can tell) I understand I can't enable optimus for pcie compression. Can I still take advantage of the increased bandwidth of the expresscard 2 for decent performance?

2. Looking at picking up a GTX 660 - is it worth getting a card of this spec if I can't enable optimus?

3. Are there any caveats to using this AMD dGpu with an Nvidia eGpu ?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll happily post my results once I get this all hooked up.

Hi Nando,

I'm not sure if you may know,

I've purchased they DIY egpu setup, but my download ID says it's invalid.

I've received an email confirmation that my file is ready for download, clicking the link provided gives me the invalid download ID.

I have emailed them but still no reply, not how long they take to reply but it has been a couple days.

Hi there, just about to take the plunge on an egpu....information here is fantastic and I've pretty much got my head wrapped around it. I do have a couple of questions that I'm struggling to find definitive answers for after searching.

Specs: HP Elitebook 8460p, i7 2720QM, 8Gb, Radeon 6470m dGpu, expresscard 2.0

I picked up a PE4L 2.1b already and planning to use an external monitor.

1. Since I can't disable the 6470m (as far as I can tell) I understand I can't enable optimus for pcie compression. Can I still take advantage of the increased bandwidth of the expresscard 2 for decent performance?

2. Looking at picking up a GTX 660 - is it worth getting a card of this spec if I can't enable optimus?

3. Are there any caveats to using this AMD dGpu with an Nvidia eGpu ?

You are correct. HP Elitebooks with dGPUs have no switchable graphics, so no iGPU, so no Optimus pci-e compression. Expresscard 2.0 will still give decent performance, certainly better than the HD6470M, but you won't get Optimus extra 20-300% performance improvement as the NVidia driver won't engage pci-e compression (x1 link and a 4500MHD or Intel HD iGPU is required).

You may consider asking if any 8460P owner wants to do a systemboard swap? Or check if there is any provision to do that with HP? A GTX660 is a great card but will be quite bandwidth handicapped. I'd suggest pick up a s/h GTX460 on ebay instead. There are no caveats to using an AMD dGPU + NVidia eGPU.

Hi Nando,

I'm not sure if you may know,

I've purchased they DIY egpu setup, but my download ID says it's invalid.

I've received an email confirmation that my file is ready for download, clicking the link provided gives me the invalid download ID.

I have emailed them but still no reply, not how long they take to reply but it has been a couple days.

Post a reply to this and you'll have 6 posts on TI. Then we can PM each othe rto sort this out.

You are correct. HP Elitebooks with dGPUs have no switchable graphics, so no iGPU, so no Optimus pci-e compression. Expresscard 2.0 will still give decent performance, certainly better than the HD6470M, but you won't get Optimus extra 20-300% performance improvement as the NVidia driver won't engage pci-e compression (x1 link and a 4500MHD or Intel HD iGPU is required).

You may consider asking if any 8460P owner wants to do a systemboard swap? Or check if there is any provision to do that with HP? A GTX660 is a great card but will be quite bandwidth handicapped. I'd suggest pick up a s/h GTX460 on ebay instead. There are no caveats to using an AMD dGPU + NVidia eGPU.

Post a reply to this and you'll have 6 posts on TI. Then we can PM each othe rto sort this out.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. I have receive an email from them and its's all sorted.

Hopefully I get it working I will post results as soon as I am able to set it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks nando, that's cleared everything up. Time to do some shopping.

Well, there is on caveat of using your system. A NVidia eGPU can use a fragmented 128MB+64MB+32MB pci-e space, whereas a AMD requires a straight 256MB block. That has caused on Elitebook owner to switch from AMD to NVIdia previously to get a 4GB+ working solution. That's in case you were thinking of getting an AMD eGPU for it's better DX9 performance per 2. Which video card do you recommend for best performance on my system?. A NVidia Fermi/Keplar a better option if wanting Optimus' internal LCD mode or x1.2Opt performance later down the track with an iGPU-equipped notebook.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello Nando4,

I'm new here in this great forum. I have read DIY eGPU at NBR and this, I purchased the DIYeGPU-setup-110b5 and have trouble getting the eGPU fully working on my laptop. I have successful once got eGPU running on win7 by turn on the eGPU at the start of win7 logo start up, and installed the driver for HD7870 and asked to be restarted win7 tried again hasn't get it to work again??? I have done the win7 logo start up and turn on eGPU many time and unsuccessful could not get eGPU running in win7. one problem is when I turn on the laptop and eGPU and went in setup 110b5 it didn't find the eGPU I had to enable the PCI port 2 everytime? how do I make it automatic/save the pci settings permanent for when I turn on the laptop anytime? did I do anything wrong? I have screenshot of setup 110b5. please help with getting it work?

Specs: Asus G74SX 3D, i7 2960XM , 32Gb, win7 ulitmate, 64bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M inbuilt, Powercolor HD7870 eGPU.

Attached-- post-6187-14494993675464_thumb.jpg

Sorry for my terrible english

Regards

Pizzazz

Hello Nando4,

I'm new here in this great forum. I have read DIY eGPU at NBR and this, I purchased the DIYeGPU-setup-110b5 and have trouble getting the eGPU fully working on my laptop. I have successful once got eGPU running on win7 by turn on the eGPU at the start of win7 logo start up, and installed the driver for HD7870 and asked to be restarted win7 tried again hasn't get it to work again??? I have done the win7 logo start up and turn on eGPU many time and unsuccessful could not get eGPU running in win7. one problem is when I turn on the laptop and eGPU and went in setup 110b5 it didn't find the eGPU I had to enable the PCI port 2 everytime? how do I make it automatic/save the pci settings permanent for when I turn on the laptop anytime? did I do anything wrong? I have screenshot of setup 110b5. please help with getting it work?

Specs: Asus G74SX 3D, i7 2960XM , 32Gb, win7 ulitmate, 64bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M inbuilt, Powercolor HD7870 eGPU.

Attached-- [ATTACH=CONFIG]5014[/ATTACH]

Sorry for my terrible english

Regards

Pizzazz

Setup 1.1x will give a startup screen if it doesn't detect the eGPU instructing you to power on the eGPU, the hotplug the PM3N component. Have you tried that?

I assume you are using the wifi mPCIe port2 for the eGPU. When doing that, the mPCIe slot may not have secondary buses assigned or may be whitelisted by the bios. The methods to correct that are in PCIe ports->Anti-whitelist. Another method to use is boot with the wifi card installed, halt bootup either with F8 (win) or go to Setup 1.x, then hotplug the PM3N with eGPU attached. Then the HD7870 eGPU should appear OK. If in Setup 1.x, you can perform PCI compaction if needed to overcome error12. mPCIe implementations can be more complicated that expresscard ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

Setup 1.1x will give a startup screen if it doesn't detect the eGPU instructing you to power on the eGPU, the hotplug the PM3N component. Have you tried that?

I assume you are using the wifi mPCIe port2 for the eGPU. When doing that, the mPCIe slot may not have secondary buses assigned or may be whitelisted by the bios. The methods to correct that are in PCIe ports->Anti-whitelist. Another method to use is boot with the wifi card installed, halt bootup either with F8 (win) or go to Setup 1.x, then hotplug the PM3N with eGPU attached. Then the HD7870 eGPU should appear OK. If in Setup 1.x, you can perform PCI compaction if needed to overcome error12. mPCIe implementations can be more complicated that expresscard ones.

thank you for the reply Nando4,

yes you are right I'm using the wifi mPCIe port2 for the eGPU, I'm using the PE4H-PM3N. I changed to 32bit in PCI compaction in setup 1.x and it works and do turn on eGPU at bootup win7 logo. next thing is I get the error code 43. I tried the halt bootup either with F8 it freezes.

attached--post-6187-1449499367578_thumb.jpg

post-6187-14494993675617_thumb.jpg

Got some worse news...

After my GTX 660 Ti it's not my GTX 480 which has just passed away and it's a murder.

The killer is my XBOX 360 psu mod.

I decided to recheck my XBOX 360 psu mod on my GTX 480 which I had undervolting and underclock for not killing the xbox psu. (the GPU was working well before I try and was quite stable.)

But it killed my GTX 480, which now acts exactly in the same way the GTX 660 ti does. It's recognized but won't work and will randomly switch on/off. Setup 1.X will at first recognize it and then it will disappear and the same thing can appear in now in device manager.

I don't understand, I'm pretty sure I've wire the xbox psu correctly, 12V with 12V and GND with GND etc...

What a great week... I want to take a hammer and knock that xbox 360 psu and knock it really hard :beat_shot: (but my girlfriend said no...)

- - - Updated - - -

But my graphic cards aren't totally dead, since I could even driver for few second the external disply on the GTX 660 Ti before it crashes, and both card name are still recognized...

(except last time, windows mistaked the GTX 660 Ti for the GTX 680 O__o ?)

May be there's a way to repair them ? Or at least my GTX 480 which isn't anymore covered. Any idea ? May be it's just a fuse ?

And I also feel angry to send back my GTX 660 Ti... Because it was probably not DOA and I likely killed it myself... and I hate lying... but I hope I can have a replacement...

• Thumbs Up 1

thank you for the reply Nando4,

yes you are right I'm using the wifi mPCIe port2 for the eGPU, I'm using the PE4H-PM3N. I changed to 32bit in PCI compaction in setup 1.x and it works and do turn on eGPU at bootup win7 logo. next thing is I get the error code 43. I tried the halt bootup either with F8 it freezes.

attached--[ATTACH=CONFIG]5015[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5016[/ATTACH]

Error43 is tricky as it could be hardware problem or pci-e configuration issue. First thing I'd do is try the video card in a desktop system to confirm it's all working well. Then use a generous-specced ATX PSU to power the eGPU (no 5V/12V issues). If that all passes then can try a Video cards->PCI space.!Save dump if using the video card on a system and it works well. Then move the saved file in config to your system and use Video cards->PCI space.Load dump to see if that solves it. Also you have Video cards->!Show state to see if ATiFlash reports any issues with the video card. As mentioned, mPCIe implementations are tricker than expresscard so you may need to play with various permutations to nail it.

Got some worse news...

After my GTX 660 Ti it's not my GTX 480 which has just passed away and it's a murder.

I decided to recheck my XBOX 360 psu mod on my GTX 480 which I had undervolting and underclock for not killing the xbox psu. (the GPU was working well before I try and was quite stable.)

But it killed my GTX 480, which now acts exactly in the same way the GTX 660 ti does. It's recognized but won't work and will randomly switch on/off. Setup 1.X will at first recognize it and then it will disappear and the same thing can appear in now in device manager.

I don't understand, I'm pretty sure I've wire the xbox psu correctly, 12V with 12V and GND with GND etc...

What a great week... I want to take a hammer and knock that xbox 360 psu and knock it really hard :beat_shot: (but my girlfriend said no...)

- - - Updated - - -

But my graphic cards aren't totally dead, since I could even driver for few second the external disply on the GTX 660 Ti before it crashes, and both card name are still recognized...

May be there's a way to repair them ? Or at least my GTX 480 which isn't anymore covered. Any idea ? May be it's just a fuse ?

And I also feel angry to send back my GTX 660 Ti... Because it was probably not DOA and I likely killed it myself... and I hate lying... but I hope I can have a replacement...

Can't help with repairing the video cards. What I can suggest however is double-check your PE4L and XBOX360 PSU wiring using a digital multimeter. First thing I'd do is confirm the floppy molex output plug from the xbox360 PSU that goes into the PE4L has the right voltages across it. Ie: 12V, GND and 5V. Then do a continunity test between the the 12V and GND points from the pci-e plug and floppy molex so are using the same reference.

If all checks out then one possibility remains, something I've seen before. Turns out I had a PE4L 2.1a whose internal wiring had somehow shorted out causing the eGPU to intermittently appear/disappear not to mention resetting my systemboard bios settings. I had the impression PE4L 2.1b had solved that problem by generous internal glueing down of the cable strands on the EC2C end but then again you are using a PE4L-PM3N 2.1b so may have endured more bending to fit it into the mPCIe slot. Worth investigating, especially if the XBOX360 PSU voltages all check out above.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey all, new to the forum. http://forum.techinferno.com/off-topic/1834-introduce-yourself-11.html I'm looking for someone who has actually had a Lenovo X230T work with a eGPU setup. Right now I'm trying to get a Nvidia GTS250 to work on my 16GB X230T with no luck, and want to make sure I can even get the thing to work in the first place before upgrading video cards. Here's what I've tried so far:

Update Bios to 1.11 Sep '12 Bios for TOLUD support

Disabled HD4000

Turn off computer

Plugged everything in (PE4L 2.1b-GTS250-SWEX-Expresscard) and powered Video card up (fast fan)

Turned on X230T (Fan Slows, BIOS resets then starts again into windows)

At this point the GTS250 is in Code 12, install Nvidia Drivers anyways (Nvidia System Check detects and installs drivers)

Asks me to restart, so I restart with eGPU still powered on

Restart as normal (no bios reset)

Still code 12 on start up, no external monitor output through GTS250, Nvida Control panel says no Nvida device attached and no GFX card/monitor is avialable in Screen

Resolution menu

My attempts to troubleshoot:

Remove 8GB stick (No joy)

Remove all 16GB and replace with original 4GB (No joy)

Change Expresscard speed from automatic to Generation 1 (no option for Generation 2 only automatic....no joy)

Change Jumper settings and Switch settings from 1-2 to 2-3 and I've tried each delay on each option (No joy)

Leave HD4000 enabled, start with eGPU on and attached, detach after bios, sleep computer from windows, reattach eGPU, resume and install NVIDIA drivers (No joy)

Other than performing a Setup 1.x or trying a newer Fermi Card.... I have no idea what could be the issue. I'd get a Fermi but want to make sure something isn't wrong with the X230T/my PE4L.

If anyone can offer some additional advice or get with me to determine the problem, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Hey all, new to the forum. http://forum.techinferno.com/off-topic/1834-introduce-yourself-11.html I'm looking for someone who has actually had a Lenovo X230T work with a eGPU setup. Right now I'm trying to get a Nvidia GTS250 to work on my 16GB X230T with no luck, and want to make sure I can even get the thing to work in the first place before upgrading video cards. Here's what I've tried so far:

Update Bios to 1.11 Sep '12 Bios for TOLUD support

Disabled HD4000

Turn off computer

Plugged everything in (PE4L 2.1b-GTS250-SWEX-Expresscard) and powered Video card up (fast fan)

Turned on X230T (Fan Slows, BIOS resets then starts again into windows)

At this point the GTS250 is in Code 12, install Nvidia Drivers anyways (Nvidia System Check detects and installs drivers)

Asks me to restart, so I restart with eGPU still powered on

Restart as normal (no bios reset)

Still code 12 on start up, no external monitor output through GTS250, Nvida Control panel says no Nvida device attached and no GFX card/monitor is avialable in Screen

Resolution menu

My attempts to troubleshoot:

Remove 8GB stick (No joy)

Remove all 16GB and replace with original 4GB (No joy)

Change Expresscard speed from automatic to Generation 1 (no option for Generation 2 only automatic....no joy)

Change Jumper settings and Switch settings from 1-2 to 2-3 and I've tried each delay on each option (No joy)

Leave HD4000 enabled, start with eGPU on and attached, detach after bios, sleep computer from windows, reattach eGPU, resume and install NVIDIA drivers (No joy)

Other than performing a Setup 1.x or trying a newer Fermi Card.... I have no idea what could be the issue. I'd get a Fermi but want to make sure something isn't wrong with the X230T/my PE4L.

If anyone can offer some additional advice or get with me to determine the problem, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Not clear why you are seeing what you are seeing. I've seen reports of a X230 + latest bios working with a Fermi/Keplar. A GTS250 is an older card which will likely use a different pci-e allocation to these newer cards. You suggested troubleshooting steps are exactly what I'd try to: testing a NVidia Fermi or using Setup 1.1x.

just wondering what benchmarks i should use for win xp, besides 3dmark06, and dmc...

XP is only has DX9 capable. DX10/DX11 came with Vista/Win7, the latter with recent AMD/NVidia cards. Meaning the only DX9 benchmarks we have on the first page is RE5-1280x800-var and 3dmark06.

Thanks man,

I have a friend that'll let me try his Fermi. Just to be certain:

Uninstall all Nvidia software, restart

Disable HD4000, shutdown

Attach powered eGPU, power on

Install standard nvidia drivers, restart

Then it should work?

If there are any X230T owners feel free to correct me based on your experiences.

Thanks again.

So are there any other solutions so far for a thunderbolt eGPU besides the Sonnet Echo Express Pro which costs a ridiculous $800?

I've love to see a DIY solution for a thunderbolt eGPU that fits into perhaps a standard microATX or ITX enclosure. I've made little circuits for myself before but this is wayy beyond me.

So are there any other solutions so far for a thunderbolt eGPU besides the Sonnet Echo Express Pro which costs a ridiculous $800?

I've love to see a DIY solution for a thunderbolt eGPU that fits into perhaps a standard microATX or ITX enclosure. I've made little circuits for myself before but this is wayy beyond me.

Most accessible would be a Sonnet Echo Express SE, hacked to allow external ATX power. Here's the budget options that I've found:

BPlus TH05 (0W) (x2 2.0) for $180

OWC Helios (0W) (x4 2.0) for $380 .

Sonnet Echo Express SE (60W) (x4 2.0) for $400

My pleasure to help. Now you won't be able to run x1.2Opt unless the NVS4200M can be disabled. Unless your T901 has a bios setting to do that then you will need to use Setup 1.1x to do that. You can automate the process by hitting the F3 key after going manually through the steps you need. The individual commands will be added to your startup.bat after which you can boot Setup 1.1x and select "automated startup via startup.bat", adding ~3secs to your normal Win7 boot process.
Your problem n°1, it's probably not a problem, because the eGPU is operating at 1.2 speed just when it needs it, like in a game. It goes automatically back to 1.1 when not used.

You can check that with GPU-Z and launch a game or something and you will see that it switches to 1.2 link.

As for your other problems, I don't know enough about it to answer you.

I disabled the NVS4200M, the GTX 660 Ti remains in x1.1 link even when running a game. I will try more games though.

Do I hit F3 before hitting 'Chainload MBR' / is 'Chainload MBR' included as part of the startup.bat?

So would my initial setup be:

dGPU off, PCIe compaction iGPU and eGPU, Hot reset eGPU, hit F3

?

I have it on an SSD will it be under 3 seconds? (Not really important, but curious)

Thanks again.

Got some worse news...

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried just using a normal PSU to see if the card work/act normally? If you 360 PSU is being difficult you might try a PSU from a MicroITX computer. They are roughly the same size.

I am actually using a MicroITX case (but a normal power supply). I dunno, just a thought, the MicroITX computer/case I am using is small enough for me. I'll get pics if you want to see. (Still have to finish up on it though, making it look pretty.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.