eGPU experiences [version 2.0]

Tech Inferno Fan

A much better name for me to know who I'm chatting to.

Last time I measured one, a XBOX 360 PSU was about the length of a NVidia video card but thinner. However, the the special end connector cable made it wider than then the video card.. It looks like you are electronically minded, so you can have a look at the innards of a XBOX360 203W PSU from allen pan's awesome eGPU work where he attached directly to the internals. See: [show OFF] External Universal GPU (Day0) | In the center of life's Whirlpool.

Thanks man!

I'll have to say his work is impressive (also looked at the HTPC build!). I'll keep you updated (I'll certainly have some questions along the way) of my project. Right now I need to finish up my master thesis work =)

Meanwhile, I'll try to contribute with answers in this thread.

Hi all, really glad to see you here! I feared the worst when i saw the NBR debacle, thanks to Nando for keeping it going

I m hoping for some kind advice from you guys.

I have an egpu set up and working:

System

Macbook pro 2009

Win 7/64 with bootcamp

2.66 core2duo

4GB ram

egpu

550 ocz modular PSU

sapphire HD 7750 via expresscard @X1

My benchmarks are ok, not as good as some but ok:

3dmark 06 ~12000

3dmark vantage ~9000 with GPU score ~14000

RE5 variable with DX9 and DX 10 around 80 FPS

Heres the thing, i like RTS games and i set this up to run old C and C titles, eg. tiberium wars, red alert 3 etc. but the set up struggles with these games even thought they are from 2007/2008. I get rubbish FPS and it crashes periodically

At the same time i can run Starcarft 2/diablo 3 on ultra setting with no issue at all, i dont understant it. Surely if it can run these games OK and RE5 at 80 FPS it should run 4 year old games??

could anyone suggest why this might be?

Thanks for any advice

K

PS. I ve tested the PSU with multimeter and it is fine

I have an egpu set up and working:

System

Macbook pro 2009

Win 7/64 with bootcamp

2.66 core2duo

4GB ram

egpu

550 ocz modular PSU

sapphire HD 7750 via expresscard @X1

Heres the thing, i like RTS games and i set this up to run old C and C titles, eg. tiberium wars, red alert 3 etc. but the set up struggles with these games even thought they are from 2007/2008. I get rubbish FPS and it crashes periodically

At the same time i can run Starcarft 2/diablo 3 on ultra setting with no issue at all, i dont understant it. Surely if it can run these games OK and RE5 at 80 FPS it should run 4 year old games??

could anyone suggest why this might be?

You are running a HD7750 @ x1 1.0. There is no Optimus pci-e compression running there. Please read the CYAN x1 section here to understand why your performance is poor in some titles. If the MBP has a NVidia chipset then it's running at best performance. If it's got a Intel chipset then depending on what port the expresscard slot is on you may be able to apply the X1E tweak to get better performance.

If your 2009 MBP happens to have a Intel iGPU (4500MHD or Intel HD), then consider swapping the HD7750 for a GTX460/GTX560. Then you'll get significantly better x1.Opt performance. If not, then you may want to upgrade to a Sandy/Ivy Bridge iGPU-equipped system so could run x1.2Opt, faster again or even a Thunderbolt-equipped notebook and watch this space for implementations trickling in. They have the most bandwidth x2 2.0 (BPlus TH05) or x4 2.0 (Sonnet Express Box)

Dear all i am a noob in this forum please pardon if i ask anything wrong. i received a PE4L for my Thinkpad T420 yesterday. I success with my old Geforce9500GT but not my latest HD 7750. is that problem with GPu with Optimus?? i found AMD gpu on OS but not working both internal LCD or external.

Any suggestion?? please??

Dear all i am a noob in this forum please pardon if i ask anything wrong. i received a PE4L for my Thinkpad T420 yesterday. I success with my old Geforce9500GT but not my latest HD 7750. is that problem with GPu with Optimus?? i found AMD gpu on OS but not working both internal LCD or external.

Any suggestion?? please??

ATiAMD doesn't have Optimus to drive the internal LCD -> need LucidLogix Virtu

It's only the NVidia Optimus driver that can transparently drive the internal LCD. There you'll need a Fermi or Keplar card and ensure the system boots with the iGPU as the primary video card.

The ATiAMD driver doesn't have Optimus, so is designed to drive an external LCD. Only way to get Optimus-like features for ATiAMD is to get LucidLogix Virtu software to do it. Other readers note, that requires a Sandy or Ivy Bridge notebook which the OP's T420 is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi All,

I posted on NBR just as everything collapsed, so I'm glad to see the DIY eGPU community has found a new home. Now that things are up and running again, I figured I'd re-post my case and questions here. Apologies to those of you reading this post for the second time.

After getting sick of having wires all over my desk, I designed and built a case for my GTX560/PE4H eGPU out of laser-cut acrylic. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

eGPU_3.jpg

Other images:

eGPU_0.jpg

eGPU_1.jpg

eGPU_2.jpg

eGPU_3.jpg

eGPU_4.jpg

However it's not completely finished yet - I still have some operational issues. [....] Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as to why this is?

Edit: I did get the internal/external screen issue solved in the end and it's been working wonderfully for over a year now.

And again a huge thanks to everyone for posting their results and builds, I'd never have got this working without such a wealth of information. :).

• Thumbs Up 4

Now that things are up and running again, I figured I'd re-post my case and questions here. Apologies to those of you reading this post for the second time.

After getting sick of having wires all over my desk, I designed and built a case for my GTX560/PE4H eGPU out of laser-cut acrylic. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

However it's not completely finished yet - I still have some operational issues. The eGPU (GTX560/PE4H running on an HP Elitebook 2540p with the latest Nvidia desktop drivers) works beautifully on an external monitor, however the performance is so bad when running on the internal LCD that it makes no discernible difference when running games. I realise there's a performance drop running internally vs externally, but is it really this bad?

Mass Effect, for example, runs at 1fps using the onboard Intel GMA HD, 3fps using the eGPU on the internal LCD, but a solid 60fps (vsynched) at 1920x1200 with full settings on my external monitor. As far as I can see, the eGPU is detected correctly and is being used in some capacity. Every game & performance test I've tried has the same problem. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as to why this is?

And again a huge thanks to everyone for posting their results and builds, I'd never have got this working without such a wealth of information. :).

Thank you for posting your commercial-quality enclosure pictures. Impressive stuff :78:

The 1fps vs 3fps for internal LCD makes me wonder if even the GTX560 is even rendering Mass Effect. You can do a quick test to be 100% sure of that by runing Mass Effect in a window on the external LCD then drag it over to the internal one. Is it till very slow?

• Thumbs Up 1

ATiAMD doesn't have Optimus to drive the internal LCD -> need LucidLogix Virtu

It's only the NVidia Optimus driver that can transparently drive the internal LCD. There you'll need a Fermi or Keplar card and ensure the system boots with the iGPU as the primary video card.

The ATiAMD driver doesn't have Optimus, so is designed to drive an external LCD. Only way to get Optimus-like features for ATiAMD is to get LucidLogix Virtu software to do it.

Thanks for reply Nando, So i have switch to Fermi or Kepler card for use eGPU or i have buy Virtu driver for this. can provide a compatible card list for Fermi cards. it will be very helpful to me.

regards

Hi All,

My PE4H has finally arrived but now I'm having trouble with the DIY eGPU setup. I don't know what else to do.

My laptop is Lenovo E420 with i5 2430M, Intel HD 3000, 8 GB RAM. My eGPU is Zotac GTX 560 Ti. I use an old Simbadda 380W PSU.

These were my trial & errors in DIY eGPU setup:

1.a. Run Compaction (32 bitA) > All PCIX Ports.

Result: system froze before compaction finish

2.a. Run Compaction (any method) > eGPu & iGPU

2.b. Run startup.bat

2.c. Chainload mbr

Result: Error 12 in device manager

3.a. Run Compaction (any method) > eGPU

3.b. Run startup.bat

3.c. Chainload mbr

4.a. Run Compaction (any method) > iGPU

4.b. Run startup.bat

4.c. Chainload mbr

Result: No more Error 12 in device manager, but system froze when I right clicked on desktop wallpaper / set up screen resolution from control panel. Also, nothing was displayed on my secondary monitor before my system froze

5.a. Run Compaction (other than 32 bitA) > All PCIX Ports.

5.b. Run startup.bat

5.c. Chainload mbr

6.a. Initialize iGPU (or also eGPU)

6.b. Run Compaction (32 bitA) > iGPU (or eGPU also)

6.c. Chainload win7

Result: No more Error 12 in device manager, but system froze when I right clicked on desktop wallpaper / set up screen resolution from control panel. Also, nothing was displayed on my secondary monitor before my system froze

I always used to run startup.bat since it seemed the only way to make the compaction takes effect. I'm not sure though.

What else should I do?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Haris

Hi All,

My PE4H has finally arrived but now I'm having trouble with the DIY eGPU setup. I don't know what else to do.

My laptop is Lenovo E420 with i5 2430M, Intel HD 3000, 8 GB RAM. My eGPU is Zotac GTX 560 Ti. I use an old Simbadda 380W PSU.

These were my trial & errors in DIY eGPU setup:

1.a. Run Compaction (32 bitA) > All PCIX Ports.

Result: system froze before compaction finish

2.a. Run Compaction (any method) > eGPu & iGPU

2.b. Run startup.bat

2.c. Chainload mbr

3.a. Run Compaction (any method) > eGPU

3.b. Run startup.bat

3.c. Chainload mbr

4.a. Run Compaction (any method) > iGPU

4.b. Run startup.bat

4.c. Chainload mbr

5.a. Run Compaction (other than 32 bitA) > All PCIX Ports.

5.b. Run startup.bat

5.c. Chainload mbr

6.a. Initialize iGPU (or also eGPU)

6.b. Run Compaction (32 bitA) > iGPU (or eGPU also)

6.c. Chainload win7

I always used to run startup.bat since it seemed the only way to make the compaction takes effect. I'm not sure though.

What else should I do?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Haris

The compaction solves the error12 issue, but you are using a PE4H 2.4 and your system's expresscard slot would default to Gen2 (pci-e 2.0) speed. The PE4H can only reliably run at Gen1 (pci-e 1.x) speed, resulting in the systems that you describe.

So you either need to set the expresscard slot to run at Gen1 speed in the bios, is such a setting exists, or use the DIY eGPU Setup 1.1x's PCIe ports->Link speed.G1 option on the expresscard slot to force Gen1 speed. The better option would be to offload the PE4H for a PE4L 2.1b that can run at Gen2 speed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi All,

I posted on NBR just as everything collapsed, so I'm glad to see the DIY eGPU community has found a new home. Now that things are up and running again, I figured I'd re-post my case and questions here. Apologies to those of you reading this post for the second time.

eGPU_3.jpg

Other images:

eGPU_0.jpg

eGPU_1.jpg

eGPU_2.jpg

eGPU_3.jpg

eGPU_4.jpg

However it's not completely finished yet - I still have some operational issues. The eGPU (GTX560/PE4H running on an HP Elitebook 2540p with the latest Nvidia desktop drivers) works beautifully on an external monitor, however the performance is so bad when running on the internal LCD that it makes no discernible difference when running games. I realise there's a performance drop running internally vs externally, but is it really this bad?

Mass Effect, for example, runs at 1fps using the onboard Intel GMA HD, 3fps using the eGPU on the internal LCD, but a solid 60fps (vsynched) at 1920x1200 with full settings on my external monitor. As far as I can see, the eGPU is detected correctly and is being used in some capacity. Every game & performance test I've tried has the same problem. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as to why this is?

Wow very nice !!!

Seems like a lot are getting really nice result, I'm stuck on error 12 with a TH05.

I've been reading everywhere, really getting confused, I''ll eventually get there.

Wow very nice !!!

Seems like a lot are getting really nice result, I'm stuck on error 12 with a TH05.

I've been reading everywhere, really getting confused, I''ll eventually get there.

I'm endeavoring to organise a Thunderbolt system (eg: Lenovo T430s or Macbook Pro) + TH05 so can get Setup 1.1x certified working on those systems atm.

dear Nando... is PE4L required x1.2Opt software??

thanks.

You have a Lenovo T420 which has been shown to not require any pci compaction nor Gen1/Gen2 auxilery switching using Setup 1.x. So the answer is no, you do not need Setup 1.1x to if using a NVidia Fermi card or Keplar card to run a x1.2Opt link. The lowest spec NVidia card I'd recommend is being a GTX460 or GTX560 Fermi.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm endeavoring to organise a Thunderbolt system (eg: Lenovo T430s or Macbook Pro) + TH05 so can get Setup 1.1x certified working on those systems atm.

You have a Lenovo T420 which has been shown to not require any pci compaction nor Gen1/Gen2 auxilery switching using Setup 1.x. So the answer is no, you do not need Setup 1.1x to if using a NVidia Fermi card or Keplar card to run a x1.2Opt link. The lowest spec NVidia card I'd recommend is being a GTX460 or GTX560 Fermi.

Nice, I'm hoping you go for the Macbook pro route, the new rumoured 13" Retina should be announced next month.

I was planning to pm me you for some info, but I do not think I have enough posts.

I have pm'ed Kizwan on the other forums.

Just not sure if the TH05 would be the same workaround for the other PCIexpress egpu setups for the error 12.

Spent all day reading, so much info to take in and various notebook setups.

Hey,

I'm very happy to see this thread back :) Thanks Nando4 to bring it back :D

I knew about it for a moment ago but I was way very busy and decided to post something later.

Though in the meanwhile, I've managed to sucessfully make a eGPU setup on the SVZ, and I have now the chance to compare the performance between the two!

How is the CPU important for the eGPU setup, comparing benchmarks is now really really interesting !

And from what I can say now, even though I did just a few test, is that, although the SVZ quad cpu is clocked only at 2.1Ghz, it's almost as fast as my 2.7Ghz dual core at GPU benchmark (CPU test are obviously mch faster), sometimes it's a bit faster sometimes slightly slower.

I've been told that CPU speed was more important than the number of cores, though the i7 3612QM performs quite equally to the i7-2620M in games can be explained by its absolutely great turbo mode.

As a matter of fact my i7-3612QM is always clocked at 2.8 Ghz even if I start CPU stress test software... In fact it's not a 2.1 Ghz but a 2.8 Ghz when it's inside the SVZ :D

It's really something I would have never expected.

I'm trying to make a spaceless and convenient eGPU so I bought a new GPU, the ZOTAC GTX 660 Ti AMP! which is only 19cm long and I've modded a XBOX 360 203W psu just like theendless did wonderfully.

But I couldn't test it so far, because there a little problem and I'd need some help.

The problem is that when I plug the GPU and the PE4L, nothing happens, it's like on a stand by mode.

The PSU is showing an orange LED which means it's in stand by and the PE4L shows up two LED, on green, on orange.

I think I did the rewiring part properly but I couldn't test the PSU to see if it is fully working as I do not have any xbox.

Do you think there's a special things to do to power it on.

Or is my PSU faulty ?

Thanks.

Hey,

I'm very happy to see this thread back :) Thanks Nando4 to bring it back :D

I knew about it for a moment ago but I was way very busy and decided to post something later.

Though in the meanwhile, I've managed to sucessfully make a eGPU setup on the SVZ, and I have now the chance to compare the performance between the two!

How is the CPU important for the eGPU setup, comparing benchmarks is now really really interesting !

And from what I can say now, even though I did just a few test, is that, although the SVZ quad cpu is clocked only at 2.1Ghz, it's almost as fast as my 2.7Ghz dual core at GPU benchmark (CPU test are obviously mch faster), sometimes it's a bit faster sometimes slightly slower.

I've been told that CPU speed was more important than the number of cores, though the i7 3612QM performs quite equally to the i7-2620M in games can be explained by its absolutely great turbo mode.

As a matter of fact my i7-3612QM is always clocked at 2.8 Ghz even if I start CPU stress test software... In fact it's not a 2.1 Ghz but a 2.8 Ghz when it's inside the SVZ :D

It's really something I would have never expected.

I'm trying to make a spaceless and convenient eGPU so I bought a new GPU, the ZOTAC GTX 660 Ti AMP! which is only 19cm long and I've modded a XBOX 360 203W psu just like theendless did wonderfully.

But I couldn't test it so far, because there a little problem and I'd need some help.

The problem is that when I plug the GPU and the PE4L, nothing happens, it's like on a stand by mode.

The PSU is showing an orange LED which means it's in stand by and the PE4L shows up two LED, on green, on orange.

I think I did the rewiring part properly but I couldn't test the PSU to see if it is fully working as I do not have any xbox.

Do you think there's a special things to do to power it on.

Or is my PSU faulty ?

Thanks.

Glad you could make it over here MikjoA and thank you for the encouraging words. You are the pioneer of high performance mPCIe DIY eGPU implementations of which the i7-3612QM SVZ + [email protected] would near the top of the foodchain. You are most welcome to share those bench results if want entries on the first page. The SVZ is a very nice machine deserving of the attention.

Jumper 5Vsb and the Power Enable pins to switch on the XBOX 360 PSU

As for the orange light/standby, that can be easily corrected. theendless' 203W XBOX360 wiring diagram has an error. It shows the power-enable pin wired to GND. Whereas here, corroborated by Kuro-D here explains:

i found that one can easily enable the power supply on by wiring a switch between the +5VSB and the PWR ENABLE Pins.

So just jumper 5Vsb and the Power Enable pin to switch on the PSU. These pins are shown below:

microsoft_AD-20312L_xbox360_4.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

Great news from you Nando, Last noob question make you pain. sorry for that. How to come i know that those Card are fermi??:distrust:

Fermi / Kepler are just names for Nvidia GPU architectures. Kepler is the latest and used in the desktop 6xx series as well as in some notebook 6xxm cards. Fermi is the last generation architecture used in 4xx and 5xx cards.

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad you could make it over here MikjoA and thank you for the encouraging words. You are the pioneer of high performance mPCIe DIY eGPU implementations of which the i7-3612QM SVZ + [email protected] would near the top of the foodchain. You are most welcome to share those bench results if want entries on the first page. The SVZ is a very nice machine deserving of the attention.

Jumper 5Vsb and the Power Enable pins to switch on the XBOX 360 PSU

As for the orange light/standby, that can be easily corrected. theendless' 203W XBOX360 wiring diagram has an error. It shows the power-enable pin wired to GND. Whereas here, corroborated by Kuro-D here explains:

So just jumper 5Vsb and the Power Enable pin to switch on the PSU. These pins are shown below:

microsoft_AD-20312L_xbox360_4.JPG

Thanks a lot for the quick help ! I didn't know that it had been updated by Kuro-D.

Here are some of my first results which were done with my GTX 480, I paid attention keeping the same clock speed and drivers for a good comparison with the Z2 + i7-2620M.

3DMark 06 : 21448

3DMark Vantage : PGPU : 20755

3DMark 11 PGPU : 6306

RES5.var DX9 1280 x 800 : 188,9 FPS

DevilMayCry 4 : exact same fps number than i7 2620M : 214.84 fps (The GPU core overclock was probably slightly higher than when I ran it with the i7-2620M, not sure it makes a difference anyway.)

for comparison Z2 scores with the i7 2620M :

3DMark 06 : 19900 & 19970

3DMark Vantage : PGPU : 20629

3DMark 11 PGPU : 6216

Unigine Heaven : 2158 (did not record it, but the i7 3612QM was really really close)

RES5.var : 161 fps

DMC4 : 214.78 fps

My aim now is not only making it as powerfull as I can but I now prefer a well balanced compromise between size and performance.

I'm afraid the GTX 660 ti isn't muc more powerfull than my GTX 480 core @ 940 mem 2244 which is my maximum stable overclock. But at least it is so smaller !

I may buy a GTX 670 4gb with the original design PCB which is almost the same than the standard GTX 660 ti, like my zotac. And then I will swap the cooler to get the smallest GTX 670 possible! (I may need more than 2Gb for Skyrim, it already eats up 100% of my GTX 480 1536Mb of vram and thus causes horrible lags.)

And also, I'm about to make the change on the PSU, but I wonder, does the PE4H still needs the 5v ? can it runs with one 12v and two ground ?

• Thumbs Up 2

The compaction solves the error12 issue, but you are using a PE4H 2.4 and your system's expresscard slot would default to Gen2 (pci-e 2.0) speed. The PE4H can only reliably run at Gen1 (pci-e 1.x) speed, resulting in the systems that you describe.

So you either need to set the expresscard slot to run at Gen1 speed in the bios, is such a setting exists, or use the DIY eGPU Setup 1.1x's PCIe ports->Link speed.G1 option on the expresscard slot to force Gen1 speed. The better option would be to offload the PE4H for a PE4L 2.1b that can run at Gen2 speed.

It works! Thanks a lot!

These are my steps:

1. Set expresscard slot to run at Gen1 (PCIe ports->Link speed.G1)

2. Run PCI Compaction (32 bitA) on iGPU

3. Chainload mbr

4. After Windows starts, external monitor shows nothing yet. Go to 'Set screen resolution' in control panel. There are 5 monitors available there (I don't know why). Choose display 4 and then choose 'extend desktop to this display'.

5. My eGPU is ready to use

• Thumbs Up 1

Got some bad news... I think my newly bought GTX 660 Ti is faulty (but I can't try it in desktop computer I'll have to wait a bit for that...)

Whatever the PSU I've tried, my XBOX 360 PSU or my good old desktop psu, it's still the same problem.

Although I've managed to install it and even driving external monitor it keeps crashing... turning on & off.

Even in the Setup 1.X menu, at first it's recognized and few second later when I type F5 again it vanished... The same things happen in device manager whatever I try..

PCI-compaction didn't help. Now I got error 43 even with PCI compaction.

It couldn't drive the external monitor longer than 10 seconds then my computer froze.

I had several BSOD just before the loading of the desktop, the report was about nvdklm.sys or something..

I'm going to give a last try with it, in a desktop computer...

But I'm almost sure it's faulty, Justing6 has managed to make it working with the same laptop.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi techinferno, excuse, I'm Naronie from Indonesia, I need your help to make my gpu work on my laptop, HP 4420s

here's the spec:

• proc intel core i3 1st gen, M350
  • VGA onboard (no discret) Intel HD
  • RAM 4GB DDR3
  • WIndows 7 Ultimate 32bit
  • There is Expresscard slot (EC2C)

tolud 3-3,25GB ( I have seen (C000000-DFFFFFFF) about tolud from memory resource).

I use PE4H with EC2C/expresscard, and want to use AMD Radeon 6670 2GB, DDR3 (there is no 6 pin power).

My PSU is pure cooler master 500w.

The problem: error code 12, but the unusal condition when my laptop is on the sleep, and I attatch egpu, the laptop can't back normal mode, and will sudden shutdown,just blinking on power button, then if i remove the egpu, it can be turned on.

I've tried DSDT setting but it can't worked on my laptop,

I wan to buy egpu setup 1x, and try to solve, but I got information that can't be sent to Indonesia, any idea?

The 1fps vs 3fps for internal LCD makes me wonder if even the GTX560 is even rendering Mass Effect. You can do a quick test to be 100% sure of that by runing Mass Effect in a window on the external LCD then drag it over to the internal one. Is it till very slow?

Thanks for the reply Nando :), and it was a good suggestion - it turns out the GTX wasn't rendering things on the internal LCD at all. If I ran ME in a window on the external monitor and dragged it across, everything ran with the expected high performance. Playing around a bit, it seems that acceleration works fine on both the external and internal monitor so long as the external monitor is set as the primary display. As soon as I unplugged the external monitor, everything seemed to switch back to the internal GPU. Likewise, if I left the external monitor plugged in (via the eGPU) but set the internal LCD to primary, everything appeared to be rendered with the integrated gpu or at least run equally slowly - even on the external monitor.

Setting the NVIDIA control panel 'preferred graphics processor' to the GTX560 didn't seem to affect anything.

My setup is as follows:

Fujitsu T901 (2620M, NVS 4200M, 8GB RAM, 60GB Intel 520 SSD, 500GB 7200RPM Toshiba) w/ EVGA GTX 660 Ti connected via PE4L v2.1b

I have it hooked up to two external displays (so internal + 2 = 3 displays total). I have no issues with setup other than the common error 12, but Setup 1.x fixed that. Everything runs as it should, I can run Skyrim, Crysis 2, Borderlands 2 all on max settings.

However, I do have a few complaints / questions.

1. Setup 1.x says I have a x1.1 link. What is the difference between x1.1 and x1.2? How do I go about getting a x1.2 link/is it worth it?
  2. I have not found much detail on automating the Setup 1.x process. I currently have to disable my dGPU, run compation on my iGPU and eGPU, hotreset my eGPU, the chainload and boot. I'm sure there is a way to automate, how to?
  3. I was hoping to avoid using Setup 1.x after having the issue of having to boot and setup my eGPU each boot. So I attempted to perform the DSDT override. The DSDT that I have has a heap of issues, and even after spending hours on it, I have not been able to clean it up. Googling resulted in nothing. Anyone good at fixing DSDT files?

Is there anything else I need to check out or any other information needed to finalize my setup?

I have everything enclosed in an Acer Aspire AX1430G case. Since I'm using a normal desktop power supply, it hogs up a lot of space inside, but it works well. Plus I have room to add a hard-drive and hook that up as well.

I must thank you nando for your writeup. I have gone through it multiple times since April. I finally decided to give it a whirl after the Kepler series came out. I'm glad I did.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.