eGPU only shows up in Device Manager (Partially Solved)

CrzyGK

Hello, I've posted about this a few times, but still no solution. 

I have a GTX 570(Have also tried a GTX 560ti) connected to a Dell 6440 dGPU version (Yes, I've already made posts in the Dell 6440 thread by Nando regarding this) using a Bplus PE4C V3.0 (Have also tried with a GDC Beast V8).  

My problem is that my eGPU shows up in device manger with no errors. Multiple versions of nvidia drivers detect it and install successfully. Everything looks like it should be working. What is happening, is that GPU-Z, dxdiag, nor any benchmarking software will detect it and Windows 10 (Have tried fresh installs of both 10 and Windows 7 Pro) does not detect any external monitors I attach to it.

I have tried disabling my dGPU in DIY 1.30 and set it to initialize my eGPU. The best part about this is that it works sometimes! About once every 12 reboots or so, I can uninstall and reinstall my nvidia drivers and the first time my monitors flicker/flash during the install, it works. It will be detected everywhere and it runs absolutely amazing until the next reboot, then I have to mess around the drivers for an hour and it will seemingly magically start working again. I have wrote down every little thing I do to log my actions each time and there is seriously no pattern. I can do the exact same thing (reboot, uninstall drivers, reinstall drivers, reboot, repeat) for an hour and it will work eventually.

Possibly Relevant Info:

Dell 6440 w/ dGPU option

• i7 4600MQ
  • 8GB RAM
  • mSata 250GB Samsung Evo

Windows 10 Pro (Have tried 7 Pro) x64

GTX 570 (Tried GTX 560ti)

Bplus PE4C V3.0 Dock (Have tried GDC Beast V8)

Dell DA-2 220W PSU (Have tried 2 other ATX PSU's)

I have only found a small handful of people who have posted about this issue, but not resolutions. If anyone could help I would be super grateful.

Edit: Also, sleep/resume breaks this when it does work. (I get a Blue Screen)

Edit: I'm so invested in this setup right now (Few Hundred Bucks and a couple months of on-off trying to get this reliably working), I'll seriously PayPal $20 to the first person who can help me.

Edited by CrzyGK
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright, it seems like I have mostly figured this one out. It seems that some part of my setup does not like operating at Gen 2 speeds. I don't know which part or why, but when I had it set to Gen 2, it would work 1 out of 12+ times. I haven't come across someone mentioning this when I found other posts about this issue and initially ruled it out because it would work as Gen 2 sometimes, and from what I've found that tends to be an all-or-nothing type of situation.  

• 9 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.